Oops...

YoshiRaphElan

I heard in Agent Act 3 that we can

defect to SIS. However, I accidentally killed Ardun Kothe on Quesh. I spared the rest of the team, though. Can I still defect to SIS, or am I forced to stay with the Empire or become a freelancer?

I will be greatly disappointed if I messed up. :(

Sorry for the bad news but you messed up, mate. I finished the storyline twice now and in both runs, I ended up killing him, since it suited both my agents. As a result, I got no SiS desertion and I only knew of it fairly recently. You can always reroll yet another agent though; Storyline is worth the extra bother IMO. ;)

Aw, man!

Can I at least still go free-agent? If so, I can always do a head-retcon and say that I joined SIS after being a free agent for a while.

Yes. There are still 3 options at the end of the story as far as I know.

Note: Spoilers for chapter 3, do not read if you haven't already finished the storyline.

I really wish there was an option to join the Star Cabal.

Yes. There are still 3 options at the end of the story as far as I know.

Well, that's good.

Still, I was hoping I'd be able to join SIS. I probably would have let Ardun Kothe go, but my brother was standing right behind me saying kill him, kill him! And I compromised and did the "surrender or die" line. Unfortunately he chose death. :(

Killing Ardun Kothe was one of the most satisfying things I did in my entire agent storyline. If not the most satisfying.

I agree, still don't get why so many people like him?

OP can you explain why you want to join some on who mind controls you and wants to kill millions of people?

While I was more than giddy to mince Kothe, I don't get wanting to join the Cabal either. They're hypocritical arseholes just like everyone else. Sure, both Sith idiocy and Jedi hypocrisy does no good to the Galaxy, but neither does rule of corporations and criminals.

Edited by krakadyla

OP can you explain why you want to join some on who mind controls you and wants to kill millions of people?

I don't necessarily agree with Kothe himself, but I'd much rather be a member of the SIS than the Empire, for a number of reasons, the main one being the Republic doesn't actually care that I'm an alien and at least I would not have to fear being shot in the back one day because of my species.

As to him brainwashing me: quite simply, he didn't. The Empire did, he just took advantage of it. Think of it this way: if you're an American agent, and you realize that an Iraqi spy has been brainwashed by his own people. Wouldn't you take advantage of it? Now, personally, I wouldn't have done it to someone who had already made it clear that he was defecting to my side, but...no one said Ardun was perfect.

I agree, still don't get why so many people like him?

To be fair, and as someone whose Agent was more than happy to rid the galaxy of Kothe when the time came, "mind controls you and wants to kill millions of people" applies with equal value to the Agent's Imperial masters.

You can hardly fault Kothe, for that matter, for taking advantage of your programming...after all, his suspicion that you were a double agent, rather than an actual defector, was entirely correct.

You can hardly fault Kothe, for that matter, for taking advantage of your programming...after all, his suspicion that you were a double agent, rather than an actual defector, was entirely correct.

Yeah, this. You can't forgive him for wanting to kill millions, but in this case he was simply paranoid, and completely right to be.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, this. You can't forgive him for wanting to kill millions, but in this case he was simply paranoid, and completely right to be.

But by that logic if you IA defects then the Imps were right to have a way to control you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I heard in Agent Act 3 that we can

defect to SIS. However, I accidentally killed Ardun Kothe on Quesh. I spared the rest of the team, though. Can I still defect to SIS, or am I forced to stay with the Empire or become a freelancer?

I will be greatly disappointed if I messed up. :(

GJ yoshiraphelan you did a great deed for the empire by killing ardun kothe though id prefer the rest of the team killed too killing ardun kothe is satisfactory enough