When is the next name purge?

RaithHarth

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct spelling would be wiener, by the way. The sausages are named Wiener Würstchen. From "Wien", the German (and therefore correct!) name for Vienna.

I always wonder why english speakers tend to write it weiner.

To be fair, most English speakers don't know how to properly spell much of anything. :mad:

• 1 month later...
the namestealers are never happy are they, always demanding to steal the name of others, if you want it get it b4 anyone else

A lot of people had them before anyone else, and then BioWare took them away when they double merged servers.

A lot of people had them before anyone else, and then BioWare took them away when they double merged servers.

Those people have no way of knowing who had the name "first".

Does it stink to lose a name to a server merge? Yes.

Does it stink to survive one server merge with your name intact, only to lose it when the old servers get replaced with higher capacity servers? Yes.

That said, excrement occurs sometimes and you can either accept that and move on or stamp your feet and pout. I know which option I chose.

They already did one name purge with reasonable criteria. It seems that people who didn't get the name they wanted as a result of that name purge are now clamoring for another name purge with different criteria so they can get that name they want. I've seen many "suggestions" as to what criteria to use, ranging from only subscribers get to keep their names, no matter how frequently they log in and play, to anyone who doesn't log in on a specific character for 2 weeks has that character's name purged, no matter what the character's level or the player's subscription status is.

Let's face it, if they do another name purge, using the same criteria as the first name purge, many of the names that people want will still not be made available, due to character level, or players remaining subscribers.