TORParse.com

Lyynk

TORParse.com

*Update* See 3rd post down about our transfer to a new server a couple days ago.

Link to site

Click here for available demo links

Hey guys, 1.2 is live and so are we :) Below, you will first find a TL;DR and then a list of features for our site!

TL;DR Combat log parsing site, cool interactive graphs, stats, and even a human-readable form of your combat log

Features

• No required information to upload. If you want, simply upload, check out your log and then be done with it!
  • If you want to keep track of all your logs in one place, provide your email on upload and we will do just that for you
  • Interactive, zoomable graphs and charts
  • Breakdown of all stats for the combat log. Even some interesting ones like APM, Estimated Lost Damage from miss %, and others
  • Human-readable form of the combat log. Don't care about the stats and just want to read your combat log? We offer that also
  • Link other people to your combat logs

The site was designed to be simple and user-friendly. As such, I hope that you find most things self-explanatory. But, fear not, if you get lost, we have created a Help page that is linked from every page on the site.

We have a lot of great features planned. Your feedback is highly valued! Please post here or email me at feedback@torparse.com.

Thank you very much for your interest in TORParse.com and enjoy 1.2!

Edited by Lyynk

Hey all,

I didn't really anticipate the load the site would take very well and ran into some hosting issues today. I was already in the process of moving servers, so it's okay. The new server is up and running and some people are already being directed to the new server. If you continue to get an error page when you try to go to torparse.com, please be patient as it may take a day or so for all the DNS servers to point you to the right place.

I'm now running the site on a dedicated server instead of shared hosting, so this problem will not happen again.

TL;DR New server, DNS update may take a day or so, keep trying!

Thank you!

Whine. Cry. Grief. Bad mouth. Troll ...

Why doesn't it have all the features that a 2012 tools site should have? Like Curse or WoWInterface? Why wasn't it fully functional and error free when it launched? :eek:

Just kidding mate, nice work. :)

Edited by GalacticKegger

Whine. Cry. Grief. Bad mouth. Troll ...

Why doesn't it have all the features that a 2012 tools site should have? Like Curse or WoWInterface? Why wasn't it fully functional and error free when it launched? :eek:

Just kidding mate, nice work. :)

Lol, thanks... don't worry, it will get there :)

Thank you for this epic tool. Some of my raid healers were wondering if you could add "overheals" to the readout.

No problem! And that would be an awesome stat, but unfortunately there is no way to track health at all and the log does not differentiate heal from overheal. =/

There's some discussion over at SithWarrior.com (http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/Thread-Batalyser-SWTOR-Combat-Analyser?page=2) on how to calculate overhealing by using threat co-efficients. Would love to see this feature soon as the HPS numbers at the moment, well, are a bit skewed in my favor as a Sage due to my AOE heals.

Actually added this a few hours ago :) I'm not using co-effecients based on classes yet, so consider it an approximation until I work in the numbers by class (although it should be within 3% of exact values right now). Thanks!

This is a nice tool, but there's really nothing that separates it from the others out there. What I'd really like to see is one for tanking stats. Not just threat, but what attacks are defended/shielded/absorbed.

Or is that information even available in these half-arsed combat logs?

This is a nice tool, but there's really nothing that separates it from the others out there. What I'd really like to see is one for tanking stats. Not just threat, but what attacks are defended/shielded/absorbed.

Or is that information even available in these half-arsed combat logs?

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, only so much information is available in the logs. Absorbed damage is in the logs, but information on how it is absorbed is not. If you're interested in the site, be sure to check back every few days for updates... working on some cool features right now (or at least I think so!). :)

Thanks!

Actually added this a few hours ago :) I'm not using co-effecients based on classes yet, so consider it an approximation until I work in the numbers by class (although it should be within 3% of exact values right now). Thanks!

Fantastic. Thanks for this. I just found it ridiculous that I was doing almost double the HPS over our other healers. And knowing that Sages have the most potential for overhealing; our top 3 heals being our AOE, Channel, and HoT. With the effective healing numbers, our HPS numbers across all 4 healers in our EC HM raids look more aligned now - especially if you can somewhat assume absorbs.

If you can start playing around with having user and guild accounts with raid merge features, you should be somewhat able to extrapolate absorbs based on when they received the Force Armor buff, count 15 seconds, and see the absorbed damage. May not be completely accurate and tricky once you have more than one Sage or class, but may be possible.

But yeah, amazing work. We use your site primarily for our numbers crunching, but currently do this manually, so would love to see raid merge features soon!

Fantastic. Thanks for this. I just found it ridiculous that I was doing almost double the HPS over our other healers. And knowing that Sages have the most potential for overhealing; our top 3 heals being our AOE, Channel, and HoT. With the effective healing numbers, our HPS numbers across all 4 healers in our EC HM raids look more aligned now - especially if you can somewhat assume absorbs.

If you can start playing around with having user and guild accounts with raid merge features, you should be somewhat able to extrapolate absorbs based on when they received the Force Armor buff, count 15 seconds, and see the absorbed damage. May not be completely accurate and tricky once you have more than one Sage or class, but may be possible.

But yeah, amazing work. We use your site primarily for our numbers crunching, but currently do this manually, so would love to see raid merge features soon!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I've been working on multi-log parsing, and it's coming along nicely. Hope to have it done soon.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

Love Torparse.com, I use it routinely for detailed analysis of my testing and ops runs. It's the best combat log analyser out there.

Unfortunately the site seems to have been down for the last few days. It would be a shame to lose the best log analyser out there.

Any news on when (if?) it might be accessible again?

Tried with Chrome and IE 9 with no luck for the last two days.

Also, while I'm posting. I can't seem to get it to assign my logs to my email/log in. It would be great if I could refer to my history of logs easily rather than keeping the direct link number.

I'm hoping that it's just down to implement some new better features like the above!

Jtsd,

Sorry to inform you of this, but I have taken the site down. Unfortunately, the site did not achieve the goals I had set for it and the site model would have never even broken even on expenses. Because of this and a few other reasons, I decided to cut my losses.

There are a lot of other great sites out there for parsing, which you can find a list of in this thread.

All the best,

James

Jtsd,

Sorry to inform you of this, but I have taken the site down. Unfortunately, the site did not achieve the goals I had set for it and the site model would have never even broken even on expenses. Because of this and a few other reasons, I decided to cut my losses.

There are a lot of other great sites out there for parsing, which you can find a list of in this thread.

All the best,

James

Sorry to hear that. Thanks nonetheless. I used it religiously for a while and I love the graphical breakdown most notably the run chart. Thanks again for the effort and please let us know if you do anything like this in the future. Also, if there is a way we can help out please let us know.

Jtsd,

All the best,

James

Ouch, I am very sorry to hear that.

I've tried most of the others and they don't seem to come close to the functionality and depth of Torparse, particlarly in regards to threat.

If you know of a particular site that is close to Torparse, particularly threat and absorption analysis, I would appreciate the recommendation.

Thank you anyway for the time and effort it took to create such a great tool. For me it is the parser by which all others will be measured, and they will no doubt fall short :(

Edit:

Surely a major SWTOR database/website would realise the value of adding Torparse to their own site. The parser on the main website which I'm thinking of is embarrassingly amateurish by comparison...

This is an no-brain opportunity to pick up the best and most detailed SWTOR parser available :confused:

Really, even Bioware/EA should look at this.

Edited by jtsd

Jtsd,

All the best,

James

I seriously can't believe it didn't meet your expectations. Perhaps it was an issue of advertising; everyone I showed the site did not ever hear about it beforehand but was absolutely impressed with the graphical layout and depth of detail. I thought I was having internet issues or something with your domain name, until I found this thread. Your parser was seriously the best and only one I would use regularly for threat breakdown, damage breakdown, etc. The other ones do NOT even come close to the detail of this one. Although some others have gimmicks like group sync and such that I didn't care much about, I bet TORparse code could be sold for a nice sum. I want to see it on the website again please!

Edited by SithIntraining

I seriously can't believe it didn't meet your expectations. Perhaps it was an issue of advertising; everyone I showed the site did not ever hear about it beforehand but was absolutely impressed with the graphical layout and depth of detail. I thought I was having internet issues or something with your domain name, until I found this thread. Your parser was seriously the best and only one I would use regularly for threat breakdown, damage breakdown, etc. The other ones do NOT even come close to the detail of this one. Although some others have gimmicks like group sync and such that I didn't care much about, I bet TORparse code could be sold for a nice sum. I want to see it on the website again please!

I was personally surprised to not see any advertising banners on the Torparse site, I guess these days I just expect it. Google ads are ever-present.

Only the creator/admin would know how many hits the site got though :(

+1 to getting this back, ASAP

Edited by jtsd

Ya, I wanted to finish all of the features I had planned before I put up advertisements, but even if I had put up ads, it would have generated very little income so I chose to leave them off.

With that said, I have received quite a few offers and pleas (via email) to bring the site back up. Nothing is for certain as of this moment, but I will let you guys know. Thanks.