Tactical Marker

Chemmie

so these were a great idea for ops leaders BUT.....

#1 they are only in packs

#2 they are not reusable

#3 they are bound

***???!!!

I would love to be able to use these teaching new members but I'm not buying a whole bunch of packs for them and I can't even get them off the gtn.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so these were a great idea for ops leaders BUT.....

#1 they are only in packs

#2 they are not reusable

#3 they are bound

***???!!!

I would love to be able to use these teaching new members but I'm not buying a whole bunch of packs for them and I can't even get them off the gtn.

Wow used to have a sub market for engineering colored smoke flares for raiding and eventually made their way into the raid UI as a feature. Who knows if SWTOR will do this though.

Yeah, they are kind of pointless. What is their range as well? If they stay like that, then it will be better to use your Imperial, Republic and challenge banners. Hope that they upgrade them soon. It will most assuredly help people out in operations.

This is similar to when they added the datacrons to the packs which gave a bit of extra story content when used. Granted, they don't offer any kind of story content, and I can see an argument of just placing them on the ground for "fun" while killing time waiting for an OP to start or while queued for PvP or a FP.

However, it seems once again BW introduces something without any real understanding of their playerbase and how such an item would. This would be a great tool but instead of adding it to the UI or making it reusable and crafted they are filling up space in the packs.

These cannot be traded but are only useful in ops? OHHHHH GReeeeeaat.......

Let's see.... They give me this thing....and I'm supposed to figure out how to make use of it.....so I'll want more....so I'll buy more packs just to get another one?

Why wouldn't I just keep on...you know... not using this thing?

Bet it's not even limited to being used only by Ops Leaders. So there's going to be these things going off randomly in ops....great fun.

Thanks bioware,for pretty much proving what direction this game is really going in and why I can't stand free to play games......shame,really could have did something good with these.The community would have responded positively with. But no lets try and make a buck off raid tools.....some real sad stuff right there!

I wouldn't worry about them being "non-cosmetic", as they are now they are worthless. It's very frustrating since they even set the range to a decent distance, but since they are consumable there's no conceivable purpose for them.

I agree. They are even more worthless in the packs than the mats they put in the packs, as I can still sometimes get use of the medical injectors for Biochem, and can sometimes sell the mats on the GTN.

Again, which makes them nothing more than pack filler, like bubble wrap. You can pop the bubbles for about 2 mins of fun and stress relief; then its spent and not worth anything but filling a landfill. These markers make me think of bubble wrap.

Edited by Lumpyone

first thing I tought too , sorry cool idea but none reusable and bind on pickup ?

I can understand you don't want people to spam the whole fleet with them .

but still I hate none reusable items , especially in cartel packs .

Now what is the use for them ? If they are a must have for raids , you are forcing people to buy them !

If they are a not must have for raids , what are they for then ? Other then to spam somebody again !

The way they are implemented makes no sense at all.

If they are gonna be consumed on use, then they should be obtainable through the cc market NOT IN PACKS, just like exp boosts or valor boosts, buy as needed. If they want to include them in packs, they should not be consumed on use. Some of the decision making is mind boggling.

I was so excited when I first read about them on Reddit, but to discover now how they implemented it is so saddening. I would be fine with buying a reusable one for 100k off the GTN, but a one-time use item is dumb, and this goes way above cosmetic content since this influences endgame raiding. :( With the Revan statue or the Music Therapy Probe, there at least were non-CM alternatives available, but there's no such thing for the Tactical Markers.

Hopefully they will not continue this trend...

Edited by Jerba

Thanks bioware,for pretty much proving what direction this game is really going in and why I can't stand free to play games......shame,really could have did something good with these.The community would have responded positively with. But no lets try and make a buck off raid tools.....some real sad stuff right there!

This..it's BS garbage filler for packs to reduce anything useful you get for your money.

it's disgusting.

Its a shame these are not craftable by one of the crafting professions - have it like the stims in biochem where if the person that has the craft skill (Cybertech would be a good one to have it) could make and use a reusable Tactical Marker's where as if they didn't they get a Tactical Marker that gets consumed (or has a limited amount of uses.)

It's sad the amount of items that goes on the Cartel Market/into Packs, than items getting put into the game that people can access via crafting, questing and so on.

I loved the flares in WoW, was a great way to mark out positions to new people without getting too close to bosses to make them angry hehe.

good god, how does EA keep snatching epic failure from the jaws of victory?

these need to be given to the ops leader as he enters the op for free, it would have made more sense to add them to the marking mechanic but that ship sailed. What fish headed moron thought putting a useful game play enhancing feature into a gambling pack AND making it consumable was a good idea?

this is a quick fix and a quick win for EA if they fix it of course :D