Delta Squad vs. Master Chief

YoshiRaphElan

While Boba's fighting the Gunny, Chief gets Delta Squad from Republic commando! Scenario below...

Chief gets an assault rifle and battle rifle, two of each grenade (plasma and frag), and his armor ability is armor lockup. Delta Squad gets the following: Boss, DC-17 rifle (blaster attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade (thermal, ion, sonic, and flash); Sev gets DC-17 rifle (sniper attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade; Scorch gets DC-17 rifle (grenade launcher attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and one of each grenade; Fixer gets DC-17 rifle (blaster attachment only), DC-15 pistol, and two of each type of grenade. The fight takes place aboard a space vessel (your choice of either a Covenant warship or a Republic Acclamator-class assault ship) in full gravity, with neither side getting reinforcements. Go!

mc all the way

^ This, tbh MC is just far greater with his augments then any Mandalorian. Though given the situation here, he'd need to wreck them all H2H so I can see them getting in a couple of shots in maybe...or their shots hit one of their team members as he is fighting them. Or MC disarms one of them and uses the weapon against the others.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

^ This, tbh MC is just far greater with his augments then any Mandalorian. Though given the situation here, he'd need to wreck them all H2H so I can see them getting in a couple of shots in maybe...or their shots hit one of their team members as he is fighting them. Or MC disarms one of them and uses the weapon against the others.

yes 1v1 wolf. But 4 delta squad vs 1 spartan, even MC, not even close. Delta FTW.

Compare and contrast the katarn vs the Mjloinr armor.

Both have the following:

Superb HUD[Heads Up Display]

Shields

Mjolinor has:

Strength amplifiers.

Katarn

Embedded vibroblade.

Plus you have to remember the ONLY advantage MC has is his enhanced body. That's it. And that can be overcome by 4 men just as leathally trained and schooled in being an elite soldier as MC is.

I can see the battle now. Sev starts off with long range sniper fire to pin down MC. Boss rolls in with the DC17 set to rifle mode to continue to pour fire into MC.

Scorch then gets into position and hits MC with an Ion grenade to fry the shields and stun MC. Fixer with grenade attachment loaded hits MC full blast with the grenade attachment to the DC-17 and adios MC.

Sorry I don't see MC surviving against Delta squad who have been trained from BIRTH with eachother. Trained to be 4 fingers of a fist. FROM MINUTE ONE. Forget the whole mando crap. It's about super soldier vs 4 soldiers who don't have the enhanced bodies but have been just as rigorously trained as MC has.

If it was say MC vs Boss, MC for the win, but against the whole squad, sorry MC is going DOWN.

Yes but Tavon he is able to reaction much faster then a normal human, MUCH faster(55X) and as I recall MC is augmented before given his suit of armor. With his armor, that only increases his stats plus he is able to run faster then any of them(34 MPH) so couple that with his reaction time, how is any in the squad gonna hit MC unless he is closely engaging H2H with one of them? Though he probably would quickly just tear them apart, before moving on.

Make no mistake though, I don't like Halo lol am not a fan at all. But from what I have looked up(I probably should look up more) MC is all around better then Delta Squad. In terms of weapons though? He isn't, so his weapons are pretty much useless here except for the plasma grenade(maybe), so unless the squad is able to fire faster then MC can react or move I think MC takes majority.

I'll give the Squad 4/10 for this.

Edit: Also wb btw.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

thanks for the welcome back.

And yes he can react faster, but remember, as much as his body is better, he's still human.

He has to react first, and he still relies on his tech as much as Delta squad. I think it could be a close run thing, but in the end, i think MC falls to delta squad.

Simple numbers, tactics, training and kit that is just as good as MCs except for strength enhancing, would tell the tale in the end.

But hey we're free to express our opinions wolf, and I am respectfully disagreeing :D

Edit: but Wolf, wouldn't it be awesome to hand MC something like the DC-17? A battle rifle that can flip to a sniper rifle and then flip to being a grenade launcher. I think MC would never pick up another rifle ever again.

Edited by TalonVII

thanks for the welcome back.

And yes he can react faster, but remember, as much as his body is better, he's still human.

He has to react first, and he still relies on his tech as much as Delta squad. I think it could be a close run thing, but in the end, i think MC falls to delta squad.

Simple numbers, tactics, training and kit that is just as good as MCs except for strength enhancing, would tell the tale in the end.

But hey we're free to express our opinions wolf, and I am respectfully disagreeing :D

I think MJOLNIR Armor is dramatically superior to Katarn battle armor, though. It has considerably more shielding and protective qualities, since it can stand up to fire from Covenant plasma weapons, which appear to be much more advanced than CIS blasters. Just looking at the effects on target, blasters leave carbon scoring, but plasma weapons will straight up incinerate the target.

Additionally, Chief has sufficient speed and agility to take Delta by surprise. Onboard a ship he can get the drop on them easily, since his armor's HUD has a built in motion tracker/radar. If he ambushes them, either with plasma grenades (they'll stick to the commando's armor and game over) or by rushing into melee combat, the fight would end quickly.

Chief would either kill one or two commandos and disengage to continue stalking them, or wipe out the whole team in one swoop. Remember, MC can flip over large vehicles (including tanks) with his armor's augments. Without his armor, he weighs roughly 400-500 lb. and inside it he weighs 2000 lb. His bone and muscle density has been augmented with grafts, etc. and his neural system reacts 55 times faster than a normal human's. This guy is a fiend in melee combat. I believe in an earlier thread like this there was an anecdote of him maiming or killing three ODST commandos during a training exercise. When he was twelve.

Edit: but Wolf, wouldn't it be awesome to hand MC something like the DC-17? A battle rifle that can flip to a sniper rifle and then flip to being a grenade launcher. I think MC would never pick up another rifle ever again.

Honestly, I've always felt that the DC-17m was underpowered. It traded punch for versatility. It's a single shot grenade launcher, or a light carbine, or a marksman's rifle. Master Chief tends to favor using more specialized weapons to accomplish specific tasks. He frequently changes equipment during a mission to adapt to changing circumstances.

And there's also the fact that I believe blaster weapons are rather low-powered to begin with, at least compared to Covenant plasma weapons. Now, Tenloss Disruptor rifles are another story...

Edited by Ventessel

I think MJOLNIR Armor is dramatically superior to Katarn battle armor, though. It has considerably more shielding and protective qualities, since it can stand up to fire from Covenant plasma weapons, which appear to be much more advanced than CIS blasters. Just looking at the effects on target, blasters leave carbon scoring, but plasma weapons will straight up incinerate the target.

I would like to point out that one of the commandos threw himself on top of a live grenade and survived completely unharmed, with just a minor dent to his chestplate. One thing you also have to consider is that blasters are plasma weapons, not laser weapons. Also another one of the commandos survived unharmed against a flamethrower completely engulfing his armor.

MC might be faster than the average human, but so is delta squad. The clones were genetically enhanced to be far more effective warriors than normal humans, and the commandos were enhanced even further. Not to mention, there's 4 of them, and only one MC.

And, i know its off-topic, but just for the record, MC would have no chance against 4 of the Null ARCs.

I would like to point out that one of the commandos threw himself on top of a live grenade and survived completely unharmed, with just a minor dent to his chestplate. One thing you also have to consider is that blasters are plasma weapons, not laser weapons. Also another one of the commandos survived unharmed against a flamethrower completely engulfing his armor.

MC might be faster than the average human, but so is delta squad. The clones were genetically enhanced to be far more effective warriors than normal humans, and the commandos were enhanced even further. Not to mention, there's 4 of them, and only one MC.

And, i know its off-topic, but just for the record, MC would have no chance against 4 of the Null ARCs.

I never said blasters were lasers, but rather that their power output seems considerably lower than that of the Covenant weapons. Additionally, MJOLNIR armor can stand up to just as much damage, but likely has better shields.

And the commandos are certainly fast, but the Chief is decidedly super-human. I would pit him against many Jedi in terms of speed, and his armor provides considerable heft and strength augmentation for melee combat. I don't see the Deltas surviving a close encounter with Chief, especially not the ambush he's likely to pull using his motion sensor/radar.

I never said blasters were lasers, but rather that their power output seems considerably lower than that of the Covenant weapons. Additionally, MJOLNIR armor can stand up to just as much damage, but likely has better shields.

And the commandos are certainly fast, but the Chief is decidedly super-human. I would pit him against many Jedi in terms of speed, and his armor provides considerable heft and strength augmentation for melee combat. I don't see the Deltas surviving a close encounter with Chief, especially not the ambush he's likely to pull using his motion sensor/radar.

IMO both suits Katarn III and Mjolnir are equal in defensive terms. Also in HUD, radar and other passive systems.

Only thing MJOLNIR has on Katarn is the strength enhancement. In a conventional warfare, i still think the Command squad would take down MC.

Have to remember, both have the same kinds of training, infact a commando is trained in everything the MC has. ONLY edge MC has is his speed and strength.

But to counter that you have 4 just as leathally trained commandos with gear that is just as good, and the tend to have more of it.

IMO simple numbers and tactics take down MC. It's not like MC is going to 1v1 each delta till he kills them all. Remember Clone commandos are trained from birth to be 4 fingers of a fist. They move, live breath as one.

GL trying to get past that. Yes in a 1 on 1 MC mops the floor. 4v1, whole different story.

Not to mention that delta is more likely to ambush MC, not the other way around, since an ambush is probably easier to set up with 4 than with 1.

But the Deltas don't have the Chief's motion detector. And he has Cortana giving him tactical info and analyzing anything he misses.

The Chief's speed and strength, even allowing for the armor to be otherwise equal, will allow him to tear through the Deltas if he ambushes them. Like I said, one or two would die within a second or two of his ambush, and if the others react quickly enough, he'll disengage and circle back later. The radar systems of his suit confer an immense tactical advantage, something that the Deltas just don't have.

But the Deltas don't have the Chief's motion detector. And he has Cortana giving him tactical info and analyzing anything he misses.

The Chief's speed and strength, even allowing for the armor to be otherwise equal, will allow him to tear through the Deltas if he ambushes them. Like I said, one or two would die within a second or two of his ambush, and if the others react quickly enough, he'll disengage and circle back later. The radar systems of his suit confer an immense tactical advantage, something that the Deltas just don't have.

Actually they do. If you actually play Republic commando OH yes they do have a motion sensor. Why you can't take totally what KT says, also have to take into account the clone command game too.

Additionally, Chief has sufficient speed and agility to take Delta by surprise. Onboard a ship he can get the drop on them easily, since his armor's HUD has a built in motion tracker/radar. If he ambushes them, either with plasma grenades (they'll stick to the commando's armor and game over) or by rushing into melee combat, the fight would end quickly.

Chief would either kill one or two commandos and disengage to continue stalking them, or wipe out the whole team in one swoop. Remember, MC can flip over large vehicles (including tanks) with his armor's augments. Without his armor, he weighs roughly 400-500 lb. and inside it he weighs 2000 lb. His bone and muscle density has been augmented with grafts, etc. and his neural system reacts 55 times faster than a normal human's. This guy is a fiend in melee combat. I believe in an earlier thread like this there was an anecdote of him maiming or killing three ODST commandos during a training exercise. When he was twelve.

Honestly, I've always felt that the DC-17m was underpowered. It traded punch for versatility. It's a single shot grenade launcher, or a light carbine, or a marksman's rifle. Master Chief tends to favor using more specialized weapons to accomplish specific tasks. He frequently changes equipment during a mission to adapt to changing circumstances.

And there's also the fact that I believe blaster weapons are rather low-powered to begin with, at least compared to Covenant plasma weapons. Now, Tenloss Disruptor rifles are another story...

Actually, I don't think a single plasma grenade would bust Katarn armor, for one reason. In a Republic Commando short story, a commando jumped on a thermal detonator to save a bunch of people, and all that happened was a huge dent formed in his chest plate and bruised him. Two plasma genades might take a commando down, but the first might just dent the armor and take down the shields. Now, that wouldn't stop Chief from just squeezing the life out of them or snapping their necks, but I am certain they could stand up to most of his long-range weapons, including everything up to the rocket launcher. That would probably be game over.

Actually, I don't think a single plasma grenade would bust Katarn armor, for one reason. In a Republic Commando short story, a commando jumped on a thermal detonator to save a bunch of people, and all that happened was a huge dent formed in his chest plate and bruised him. Two plasma genades might take a commando down, but the first might just dent the armor and take down the shields. Now, that wouldn't stop Chief from just squeezing the life out of them or snapping their necks, but I am certain they could stand up to most of his long-range weapons, including everything up to the rocket launcher. That would probably be game over.

The sniper rifle goes through the armor of tanks... that would likely fly clean through one of them.

While I'm inclined to agree with you about the grenades, there are two things that make me question that:

1. We don't know how the yield of a plasma grenade compares to a thermal detonator.

--> Although we do know that thermal detonators are supposed to be pretty darn powerful, that leads me to my next point...

2. The book where this happens was written by Karen Traviss, and I know I'm going to piss off a lot of Fandalorians by saying this, but she seems to lack perspective in her writing from time to time. So either that was a pretty low powered grenade, or the Katarn armor is absurdly powerful.

They didn't have motion sensors, if I recall. Or advanced A.I.

For the love of god YES CLONE COMMANDOS HAVE MOTION SENSORS. No they do not have advanced AI.

If clone commandos didn't have motion sensors, how the hell could they toss up remote sensors and tie into them to track oh gee MOVEMENT.

Don't believe me? In the very first RC book by Karen Traviss. And ontop of that, it's in the Republic Commando GAME, which the books are based off of, and the game is tied into ROTS, so it's cannon.

Please guys, if you really are guessing, read the books, look it up, or play the frakkin game.

For the love of god YES CLONE COMMANDOS HAVE MOTION SENSORS. No they do not have advanced AI.

If clone commandos didn't have motion sensors, how the hell could they toss up remote sensors and tie into them to track oh gee MOVEMENT.

Don't believe me? In the very first RC book by Karen Traviss. And ontop of that, it's in the Republic Commando GAME, which the books are based off of, and the game is tied into ROTS, so it's cannon.

Please guys, if you really are guessing, read the books, look it up, or play the frakkin game.

The commandos may be able to set up remote monitoring equipment, but they do not have an internal radar system with their armor. No HUD tracking enemies movement around them.

I personally love Halo and the RC's but I think Chief would win against all 4 pretty easily. Now disregarding armor and equipment the Commandos would not win even if they ganged up on Chief considering the Commandos are just regular humans with more training than your average CT. Chief on the other hand has years and years of augmentations altering almost every aspect of his body. Now giving each soldier their armor and equipment makes them a formidable foe, there isn't much to compare the armor systems of a Spartan II and Clone Commando's armor, I'm giving the edge to Chief considering there is just so many examples of how his armor works and what it can withstand, hell the man fell out of Earth's orbit and the armor didn't break. Given the insane of information about what an average Spartan II can do when compare to a CC it's clearly evident that the Spartan is superior to the CC. Now that doesn't mean they can't beat Chief, they would have to be incredibility careful considering they're fighting a 1 ton monster whose seen years of combat against a crazy Alien empire encompassing different species,a parasitic race that devours practically everything in it's path to breed and an ancient advanced race of super beings who could make planets.

I personally love Halo and the RC's but I think Chief would win against all 4 pretty easily. Now disregarding armor and equipment the Commandos would not win even if they ganged up on Chief considering the Commandos are just regular humans with more training than your average CT. Chief on the other hand has years and years of augmentations altering almost every aspect of his body. Now giving each soldier their armor and equipment makes them a formidable foe, there isn't much to compare the armor systems of a Spartan II and Clone Commando's armor, I'm giving the edge to Chief considering there is just so many examples of how his armor works and what it can withstand, hell the man fell out of Earth's orbit and the armor didn't break. Given the insane of information about what an average Spartan II can do when compare to a CC it's clearly evident that the Spartan is superior to the CC. Now that doesn't mean they can't beat Chief, they would have to be incredibility careful considering they're fighting a 1 ton monster whose seen years of combat against a crazy Alien empire encompassing different species,a parasitic race that devours practically everything in it's path to breed and an ancient advanced race of super beings who could make planets.

Forgot about the bit where he jumped out of orbit. That does indicate that his armor has some serious capacity to resist damage. And Chief does weigh 2,000+ lb. in his armor. If he jumped on a commando, they'd be killed instantly. Unless the commando's pulled off a perfect, flawless ambush, Chief would slaughter them in seconds.

Also, the Clone's armor is mostly designed to diffuse blaster bolts, as are their shields. In-game the Trandoshan's shotguns and assault rifles tear into your shields much more quickly than the droids' weapons do. This means that Chief's assault rifle (are we talking classic 64-round magazines, or those weakling ones he had to pick up later in the series?) may very well be highly effective at close/medium range.