Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So, about skipping Kotfe-Kotet..

Rion_Starkiller
07.09.2019 , 11:02 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCasus View Post
**Cough**

With the fall expansion coming, just putting this back out there again.

I still haven't (and won't) finish KOTET, so ofc I'd love the option to tapestry skip these expansion stories.

TBH, I just want a light/dark option for each story. It's not like there's any other differences. Maybe Loyalist vs Traitor? Idk.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Cawyden
07.12.2019 , 03:27 AM | #122
I like to skip as much as possible but still romance some characters. Can someone please confirm or comment on if it will work like I describe it?

Arcann romance
If I want to romance Arcann I can skip Kotfe but I have to play everything from Kotet until Ossus?

Theron/Lana romance
If I want to romance Theron or Lana I would play Kotfe chapter 1-9 for the romance login. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I read somewhere that skipping to Kotet would cancel the romance?

Can I jump from Kotfe chapter 9 to Iokath and play the flashpoints (Copero/Umbara/Nathema) with the story cutscenes? I know that I can play the flashpoints anyway but I am asking for the story parts of the flashpoints like e.g. marrying Theron/Lana at the end.

Elara/Quinn romance
For Elara/Quinn I would skip Kotfe and maybe just play or start Kotet chapter 1 to get Ossus unlocked and then go straight to Iokath. Can I skip from Iokath to Ossus or do I have to play after Iokath the flashpoints (provided that they have the story cutscenes if I skip Kotfe/Kotet)?

Thank you!

Paulsutherland
07.12.2019 , 05:06 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Cawyden View Post
I like to skip as much as possible but still romance some characters. Can someone please confirm or comment on if it will work like I describe it?

Arcann romance
If I want to romance Arcann I can skip Kotfe but I have to play everything from Kotet until Ossus?

Theron/Lana romance
If I want to romance Theron or Lana I would play Kotfe chapter 1-9 for the romance login. Correct me if I am wrong but I think I read somewhere that skipping to Kotet would cancel the romance?

Can I jump from Kotfe chapter 9 to Iokath and play the flashpoints (Copero/Umbara/Nathema) with the story cutscenes? I know that I can play the flashpoints anyway but I am asking for the story parts of the flashpoints like e.g. marrying Theron/Lana at the end.

Elara/Quinn romance
For Elara/Quinn I would skip Kotfe and maybe just play or start Kotet chapter 1 to get Ossus unlocked and then go straight to Iokath. Can I skip from Iokath to Ossus or do I have to play after Iokath the flashpoints (provided that they have the story cutscenes if I skip Kotfe/Kotet)?

Thank you!
The alert mission for the Arcann romance appears after KOTET I believe. If you skip to Ossus it'll assume you did the dialog but didn't romance him.

Chapter 9 of KOTFE for the Lana and Theron romance but if you skip to Ossus you'll miss out on the marriage option for Lana and Theron.

Edit: If you do the Traitor Arc after completing KOTFE Chapter 9 it might work but I'm not sure on this.

Again if you skip to Ossus you'll miss the chance to romance Quinn and Dorna. That said with these two you can start right at Iokath in the 'Fractured Alliance' mission on your ships terminal.

Cawyden
07.15.2019 , 09:05 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
The alert mission for the Arcann romance appears after KOTET I believe. If you skip to Ossus it'll assume you did the dialog but didn't romance him.

Chapter 9 of KOTFE for the Lana and Theron romance but if you skip to Ossus you'll miss out on the marriage option for Lana and Theron.

Edit: If you do the Traitor Arc after completing KOTFE Chapter 9 it might work but I'm not sure on this.

Again if you skip to Ossus you'll miss the chance to romance Quinn and Dorna. That said with these two you can start right at Iokath in the 'Fractured Alliance' mission on your ships terminal.
Thank you - yes Ossus autocompletes Arcans alert so I am rather sure I have to do Kotet and then Iokath. Not sure if the flashpoints are needed but it is not a big deal to do them.

I am currently playing a character where I skip Kotet and do directly Iokath. So far in Iokath my Theron romance is recognized and still intact.

AlaricSevGirl
09.22.2019 , 02:53 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
You probably do not want to understand.
You are welcome to skip everything.
Then live with the final decisions that the system automatically makes for you.
If you already have tens of thousands of chars, it should not really matter.
For laziness you should not be rewarded. Since I do not care how many chars have been pulled through by Kotfe / kotet.
I already got 18 through and? If I want a story where I want to make my own decisions, I play them another 18 times.
It's not about laziness, it's about a bad story trope. It's about lazy writing where the devs didn't write a story that encompassed all classes. They wrote a story for force users, JK, JC, SW and SI. Who are the lazy ones here? The story was for force users and if you can't understand that, well that's on you.
GSS Legacy, StarForged
Guild Leader for Galactic Security Solutions (Pub)
Imperial Independence (Empire)

Batwer
09.22.2019 , 09:25 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by AlaricSevGirl View Post
It's not about laziness, it's about a bad story trope. It's about lazy writing where the devs didn't write a story that encompassed all classes. They wrote a story for force users, JK, JC, SW and SI. Who are the lazy ones here? The story was for force users and if you can't understand that, well that's on you.
lol
When did I write that? 2018?
The story is for force users. Exactly.
Who cares? Lana and Theron are the only ones you'll spend more time with. All other love interests come once and than never again. Most of them you get, too, if you skip.
But the love stories with Lana und Theron built on the story. Most of the interactions with the two are in the story.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

TonyTricicolo
09.22.2019 , 09:46 AM | #127
Ol Pink eyes was cool a few years ago, now she's just...There? I'm tired of both Lana and Theron. The Story is getting boring. Yea, we're going back to Empire vs Republic. Old enemies never die they just come back. Pretty soon we'll see Revan and Valkorian again. We're kinda pigeon toed, We defeated Dread Masters and the next baddy and the next one etc. It nullifies our victories. We're the super baddy killer that keeps doing menial tasks. We should've died ramming Darth Marr's ship into the Eternal Fleet. Give us a fresh start as an Uncle Owen nobody generationally attached to our former character. Grow up on stories about how our great grandparent died a hero and we have legacy to uphold. A hero coming of age story instead of the super epic conqueror destroyer best ever in the universe we started off as.
TONY NOVA SWTOR Shadowlands/Star Forge
-STRYDER- SWG Sunrunner/SWGLegends
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G