PvE Highest DPS - Post your DPS

Mission_dj

I think the shadows aren't able to get above 1400 in full campaign/black hole. Has anyone been able to constantly get over this mark, has anyone even been able to get 1600?

I'm talking about DPS checks on Operations Training Dummy, ideally fully class buffed, but no use of stim, adrenal or power clicky relic.

Bioware have said that all DPS classes are in level with each other, would this be the case? Or do people think they under-perform in PvE?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ops Dummy Parse @ 1534dps

Same parse on Torparse.com

I do use a stim and adrenal because lets face it, thats what I'd use in an Operation and this is an ops training dummy.

Unfortunately AskMrRobot separates the fight in to chunks due to using vanish but I uploaded to Torparse too. As you can see from the AMR log, my final 51seconds I dropped 150dps for some reason so with a "perfect" run I could achieve more DPS.

Also, my gear isn't fully optimised: I have too much crit and I'm still using rakata hilt. 1600 is possible imo but unfortunately I have to tank much more often than I DPS

Thanks for your reply Anstalt.

The reason I always get guildies to do a parse without Stim or Adrenal is that as there are several types of both, it can make comparing one shadow to another unbalanced.

I know this might be asking a bit, but do you think it would be possible to do a test without a stim and adrenal?

It will help one of the shadows in the guild, at least give him something to aim for!

Also, any chance of a breakdown of your stats?

My rough stats:

1032-1213 Primary Damage

32.99% Crit Chance

77.25% Crit Multiplier

98.5% Accuracy

iirc, I'm sitting at 1933 willpower and 966 power (fully buffed). however, distribution between willpower and power is not important, the only import stats are the 4 listed above.

I am aiming to bring my crit down to 30% and shift the stats in to power, and I'd also like to bring my accuracy down to 95%. My goal is 1260-1280 top end primary damage which should be doable once I get campaign hilt and swop a couple of mods.

Will endevour to do some logs for you, however 99% of the time I have to tank for my guild so its rare for me to be specced DPS. I was just lucky last week in that we had a lot of new tanks signing up for raids so I got 4 days in a row of playing DPS lol.

I posted on the infiltration thread a while back. most my posts were on page 3 and 4 with gear, infil vs. balance specs, etc. I also did stim and adrenal both of which I posted in there so folks can use for a basis of comparison.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=539644&page=3

afterwards in a later post in there I posted an additional increase with having gotten the tier offhand from TFB HM. I'll have to see if I can find the parse but I was running 1730's after a 10 minute parse and for the first 6 minutes I was over 1800. Hope I still have the log.

hmmm.. can't find the log. I've upgraded a few pieces since then as well (still no mainhand 27 hilt) so I'm pretty certain i should be able to pull 1700 with full buffs/stim/adrenal. I can already pull 1400+ without any stim/adrenal so yes it is possible. Both as balance. Edited by Cheaky

Do you think you could take the time to post a log with just class buffs as Infi, I would like to show a guildie.

Post your own AskMrRobot profile and I'm sure someone can offer a lot more help. Even in tank spec it's worth seeing trying to get max dps.

easily do 1800+ in balance spec 1700+ in inf spec 61 lvl gear

http://s017.radikal.ru/i413/1211/4e/4bf5e3800c9f.png

No way Assillius! Please have you built up your gear online or do you have more information?

I am a diehard infiltration fan (Since pre-order) and with 674 bonus melee dmg, 987 force bonus, 33% crit, and 78% surge I am only managing 1560 on the ops dummy. I have somewhere around 250crit rating, 300 surge rating, and 900+ power. I have 2060 Willpower.

I realize that there is no doubt that Balance is better as far as higher dps, but I am trying to find out how you can pull 1700+ as infiltration. I dislike Balance, since before pre-order I wanted to make a melee rogue/assassin class (Infiltration), not a spellcaster that can cloak (balance IMO). Do you have a sentinel/guardian applying armor debuffs to the dummy for that parse (I also use MOX)

Is this a case of L2P lol? I have been infiltrator since pre-order and I hit every procced backstab, as well as extra backstabs, always 2X circling shadows and project with 45% upheaval, always 3+ stacks on my force breach. Always managing my force regen with blackout, vanish, blackout, saber strike fillers. I have critted 7K backstabs but i can't seem to break 1600 on the dummy please tell me more :)

I pvp and pve both a lot, I have full augmented 61 war hero stalker gear that is optimized, elite WH mainhand and offhand, and full campaign/black hole gear as well for pve. All fully augmented. Pvp isnt the issue though, I slay in pvp. I am trying to get my pve dps up... please help.

One thing I can tell you is that I only have the campaign belt and black hole bracers (they are better than campaign for some reason?) and am working on getting moddable ones built up. There is no way that could drop 100 dps though could it?

On a comical note, one thing I can guarantee as infiltrator is that no one can slay the trash mobs as quickly or effectively as I can... lol...

Edited by Doctor-Raider

My Balance specced shadow is coming along now, this is a parse from last week in almost full 61 gear (my mainhand is still rakata) so it should jump over the 1700 mark at least with that addition. Then to start gathering some dreadguard gear. One day I'll match you Cheaky! :p Using stims and rakata adrenal because I like to be consistent and can compare this to raid dps more easily.

DPS = 1649

Doc Raider, is this your build, if not, what is yours?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#6010MZfMrRkfbRroZf0c.2

I'm currently only 2 points in upheaval, with 3 in Tech Mast, but wondering if this build is better.

Currently getting 1500 at max...

I was on that build. The extra 15% on upheaval is better than another 3% armor pen, I gained dps by dropping 1 from tech mastery and adding it to upheaval.

New dps update: I built my moddable belt with a resolve 27 armoring and it has 158 willpower! I also equipped my elite WH mainhand with my pve gear and parsed 1660 on the dummy in a 6 min fight! Infiltration 1660 woot!

As painful as it was for me to drop project in my build and forgo the buff it provides and despite lower parses on the dummy than I was getting with project in my build, I have given the projectless balance build a really fair shot and I must admit my parses are significantly higher in raids. I dunno if it's because of the armor reduction or what but I'm parsing very close or above what our commandos/sentinels pull single target on most fights and they have typically been the cream of the crop. Still need a 27 mh weapon hilt too so I'm very optimistic of what I can pull once I have that.

Also I slotted more crit into my gear to put me at like 38% raid buffed and dropped about 40 bonus force damage which was very hard to do. Still tempted to go back and retry with pure power stacking like I had previous but for now the numbers are very nice.

And how can you get to Clairvoyant Strike without Situational Awareness?

Its possible. You have to go up through humbling strike and use kinetic field also. I played around on the online spec builder for a while and it can be done... Idk what this guy is talking about though, there's not enough points to have technique mastery armor pen 6%, and the buff to CS 6%, and the project upheaval 45%, and clairvoyant strike from infiltration all at the same time.

Edited by Doctor-Raider

I can hover in the 1800+ mark in deception (inf) for a solid 4 minutes or so, then it drops down to 1700ish. Still trying to tweak things, swapping mods around - taking power out, putting crit in. Taking crit out, putting power in...etc...without talents that every single other class has but us - passive mainstat boosts, accuracy and or crit...the deception / inf is a very hard spec to itemize. It frustrates me to no end that we lack these basic things

I can hover in the 1800+ mark in deception (inf) for a solid 4 minutes or so, then it drops down to 1700ish. Still trying to tweak things, swapping mods around - taking power out, putting crit in. Taking crit out, putting power in...etc..[...the deception / inf is a very hard spec to itemize.

Sounds like you and i share the same frustrations...... and stuck at the same point. I can sustain 1700-1750 on the dummy over a 7 mins run, don't use adrenals but have stims and buffs. I have seen parses where sustained dps is above 1800 and was wondering how this is achieved without any external help/debuffs....

If anyone knows, that would be fantastic. If you can achieve this, i would love to see your parse so i could breakdown your moves. Also a breakdown of your basic stats, because i have spent a lot of agonizing hours looking over the gear and lots of money swapping in and out mods etc field testing on my ships dummy. I can't see how i squeeze out any extra dps, so i need some fresh ideas if someone would be so kind to help.

Thanks.

This was a quick run last night after putting in an extra crit mod, but you get the idea. If you look at the point before i stop attacking i was sitting around 1750. Also a few logs slightly lower too.

Would love to hear from some guys hitting 1800+ because i can't see how this would be achieved.... unless full 63's or maybe armor debuffs from external help (guardian/commando).

I might go check out some logs from Chukles, he seems to be solid balance dps.

http://www.torparse.com/a/55281/5