Deception is NOT for pvp

Shalashasa

[...]

If your a deception assassin in pvp then you have no clue what your doing.

It is a paradoxon - by saying this you showed us that you have like no clue what you're doing >.<

Seriously, I love my deception build (5/33/3) and do alot of dmg. It seems I know what I'm doing xD

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to humor a guy by going deception again (for the hundreth time). Now I remember, again, why it sucks so badly. You have less damage than a marauder or Operative. Then you have less cc, shield, or survival ability of both.

If your a deception assassin in pvp then you have no clue what your doing.

You sound a little bitter.

Valor rank 62 too, i don't think deception is very good either. Too frail and one dimensional. The talents in Deception really suck too, so much garbage no good player would ever take just wasting space in that tree.

It might shine in a premade when you're getting heals, but solo? it's a headache.

Also, our level 50 ability is *********** terrible.

I don't really play solo as there is just no reason to (in warzones), but assuming you don't have anyone healing you or guarding you i'd say more classes then just deception assassin will do badly.

Not sure what you expect an assassin spec to do for you, give you great survivability and the ability to cc aswell as dish out very good damage? That's just not going to happen.

I've tried most of the specs for assassin pvp and i still prefer deep deception over the others. Obviously you can't play it the same way you'd play a tanking specc, but that doesn't mean it isn't awesome when played right.

I'm a rank 59 assassin.

I don't really play solo as there is just no reason to (in warzones), but assuming you don't have anyone healing you or guarding you i'd say more classes then just deception assassin will do badly.

Not sure what you expect an assassin spec to do for you, give you great survivability and the ability to cc aswell as dish out very good damage? That's just not going to happen.

I've tried most of the specs for assassin pvp and i still prefer deep deception over the others. Obviously you can't play it the same way you'd play a tanking specc, but that doesn't mean it isn't awesome when played right.

I'm a rank 59 assassin.

basically you described Darkness. Darkness has almost the same dps as Deception. cc, survivability, and utilities for any situation.

Also Darkness does very well as a solo class not as a poket healer dependant class.

Darkness is harder to master but once a real PvP expert masters it he will not go back to Deception. It just wont happen.

basically you described Darkness. Darkness has almost the same dps as Deception. cc, survivability, and utilities for any situation.

Also Darkness does very well as a solo class not as a poket healer dependant class.

Darkness is harder to master but once a real PvP expert masters it he will not go back to Deception. It just wont happen.

Lmao, darkness is not hard. It's the easiest of the 3 specs to 'master' by far. You just aren't good at deception. I won't even go into the cringe worthy stream.

Darkness is basically the base class with a few more survivability things tacked on so bad players can live in pvp. I have 0-5 deaths max every match always being in the fray.

Honestly, I can't wait for rated stuff so I don't have to see an egomaniac post wrong/bad information with his valor rank in bright red/big letters thinking it justifies his opinion.

Edited by Nocorras

seriously, what makes me cringe is his VSVS shock discharge gripe.

Wish my sin was that easy to play. Maybe you are doing that and you feel it sucks. Maybe try and have a OCsaber> VS>VS>Recklessness>SHock>>relics>VS>VS maul>Discharge

Try and use assassinate with relic at less than 30%. How about trying to get some Saber strike in there to get a bit more force? I mean the options are endless. Yes it is mostly Vs>Vs>Shock but thats not all you do FFS.

Yes darkness can do the same, but the shock wont hurt as much, the discharge is pfft on dark, Vs damage is slightly better than thrash,

The thing is, it is going to be as good as you make it. Dont cry over what you cannot do. Try and max out what you can do.

This class is very very situational, and It has the tools to do well in any situation. But you cannot expect it to do well in all situations at the same time.

In one word, do this : ADAPT

Wish my sin was that easy to play. Maybe you are doing that and you feel it sucks. Maybe try and have a OCsaber> VS>VS>Recklessness>SHock>>relics>VS>VS maul>Discharge

Have you ever played deception.... let me run you through that rotation again

1) spike out of stealth (bye bye force)

2) VS

2.5) target gets up, UH OH, and shields himself/casts defense whatever

3) VS

3.5) He CCs you, and he is only missing 2.5k hp

4) He hits you harder because youre squishy

5) You get up, Shock.. OMG IT PROCS TWICE 3.5K TOTAL DAMAGE ZOMG!!!11!

6) He hits you harder because youre squishy

7) Electrocute because you need CC

8) He breaks CC and mows your face more or heals himself back to full.

9) You stealth out and run like a little girl because you have 4k hp left and he just healed to full.

That is the life of a deception assassin... Now add another enemy into that fight and its laughable. Sure you can add a healer on your side, but an equal healer on theirs and its over for you again. Your DPS as a decep assassin is not greater than ANY healer to last long enough against you. And any good team will IMMEDIATELY run to their healers aid, at which point you are SCREWED.

If you were a marauder on the other hand, you have options. Your dps IS better than their heals, you CAN take more hits (even in DPS stance) and you have INVINCIBILITY.

Shadow/Assassin is now reduced to playing one role, and despite what everyone says BW's intentions were, it is a hybrid role. You are now mediocre DPS, and mediocre tank, you will never be good at anything.

I don't know why anyone is still responding to Shalashka if you watched his live stream you know he's bad. After watching him Low Slash to Crushing Darkness repeatedly in a Deception build and then watch him get rolled by a trooper and blame it on Deception and talk about how he rolls this guy all the time then respec to Darkness and proceed to get rolled again. I can't take anything he says seriously. Edited by SkyToHigh

I don't know why anyone is still responding to Shalashka if you watched his live stream you know he's bad. After watch him Low Slash to Crushing Darkness repeatedly in a Deception build and then watch him get rolled by a trooper and blame it on Deception and talk about how he rolls this guy all the time then respec to Darkness and proceed to get rolled again. I can't take anything he says seriously.

low slash to crushing darkness sounds so pro

Have you ever played deception.... let me run you through that rotation again

1) spike out of stealth (bye bye force)

2) VS

2.5) target gets up, UH OH, and shields himself/casts defense whatever

3) VS

3.5) He CCs you, and he is only missing 2.5k hp

4) He hits you harder because youre squishy

5) You get up, Shock.. OMG IT PROCS TWICE 3.5K TOTAL DAMAGE ZOMG!!!11!

6) He hits you harder because youre squishy

7) Electrocute because you need CC

8) He breaks CC and mows your face more or heals himself back to full.

9) You stealth out and run like a little girl because you have 4k hp left and he just healed to full.

That is the life of a deception assassin... Now add another enemy into that fight and its laughable. Sure you can add a healer on your side, but an equal healer on theirs and its over for you again. Your DPS as a decep assassin is not greater than ANY healer to last long enough against you. And any good team will IMMEDIATELY run to their healers aid, at which point you are SCREWED.

If you were a marauder on the other hand, you have options. Your dps IS better than their heals, you CAN take more hits (even in DPS stance) and you have INVINCIBILITY.

Shadow/Assassin is now reduced to playing one role, and despite what everyone says BW's intentions were, it is a hybrid role. You are now mediocre DPS, and mediocre tank, you will never be good at anything.

Thats why its out of stealth, more regen. you are talking out of you *** about 1 scenario. As I said assassins are situational. You will not use Spike out of stealth for a 1vs 1. You cant take one thing and play a deception assassin. You need to FREAKING adapt to the situation you find yourself in.

If you are on a 2-1 with the other player being a DPS against anyone, If they are already fighting, spike out of stealth did F all damage but just assisted your other companion to 4 secs of uninturrepted DPS.

I any team scenario, if I go in and the enemy is attacking me rather than a Healer/Tank/Ball carrier, I have already done more than you can ever think.

Ofc, if you go on in a 1v1 you will not open with spike from behind or being in front of the enemy. I would go with Force Slow/VS from front and Maul>electrecute>VS from behind.

It just depends on a lot a things how you play an assassin. People like you just do VS>VS>Shock and think wow this is ****.

The rotation I mentioned is the one I use if I can just let rip. If he uses shield, I have CC. If he uses CC I can speed up, if he damages me more than I can handle I run.

Once again, learn to adapt.

dude, anybody who is Assassin that has deception i immediately know they are noob. I cant even fathom how bad the whole tree is.

Its a PVE tree. Only thing good in that whole tree is Crackling blasts, Induction,Duplicity (only 2 points really even needed), and static cling. Everything else is like meh.

No, every time I read a post like this, I know the guy who posted it is horrible.

Every Assassin who thinks he's good for playing Darkness, and that other specs are horrible, is horrible himself. I also see everyone complaining about Madness/Deception survivability, while they take no points into Insulation or Sith Defiance. Granted, those talents don't mean much, but they account for some survivability.

Just a small btw, I haven't tested Madness in 1v1 yet as of this new patch, but it's horribly overpowered in WZs thus far, especially in the survivability department.

It probably still sucks for 1v1 versus tank Juggernauts/any spec Marauders, but anything else, you'll probably steamroll over.

As for Deception... it's probably the spec with biggest jaw dropping burst in the game right now. Open with Force Slow from stealth ( honestly... Spiking out of stealth is worthless, too much energy for too little of a stun ( 1.5 sec global cooldown for 2 sec stun ), that fills too much of resolve bar, and you still have to Force Slow afterwards ), after Dark Embrace effect ends, use Blackout for extra 6 seconds of force regen+10 energy on use, coupled with Overcharge Saber.

Voltaic Slash x2, Recklessness, Shock, Voltaic Slash x2, Discharge ( if at least at 3 stacks of Static Charges up, otherwise you can just do one autoattack or another Voltaic ), Shock, Assassinate - that's guaranteed to drop EVERYTHING that doesn't have guard on itself.

The amount of damage that a well geared and played Deception Assassin does, it simply doesn't justify any significant amount of survivability past Shroud/Cloak/Deflection. The only downside to the spec is that you need LOADS of crit/surge rating on your gear ( effectively having to purchase duplicate champ/battlemaster gear to take the enhancements outside of the gear and place into PvP pieces that don't have crit/surge on them ).

edit :

after reading some more in this thread..

Low slash to Crushing Darkness, what ? That DoT is designed first of all, to get used by a Madness specced Assassin, not by a Deception ***., and secondly, you only ever _CAST_ crushing darkness as a part of your "burst" opener as Madness in rare situations where you 1v1 someone ( Mind trap -> Overcharge+Trinket+Recklessness -> Crushing Darkness -> Death Field ). Crushing Darkness is used 99% of time as a instant cast+free cost spell due to Raze proc.

And saying that Darkness takes skill to play.. ***** please. Wither when it drops off, Dark Ward when it drops off, Shock on cooldown, Thrash to reset Shock CD and Lightning when 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness are up. Real skill jop.

Edited by Kennobai

low slash to crushing darkness sounds so pro

Truly enlightening to watch a amazing player teach us exactly how not to finish a person who is stunned with around 20% hp left. Stun a person and then waste your stun time using a skill that isn't even made better or included in the synergy for your current tree. I could be totally missing out on the use crushing darkness has in those situations however.

A "very very ...very" good player in what I'm pretty sure was a premade, roflstomping a bunch of pugs who barely put up a fight (400 to 0 being the scoreline, and look at the distribution of kills v deaths etc). Who had so little difficulty he had plenty of time to swap stances to cheese as many badges as possible...

Your brag shot is like an adult bragging he beat up a bunch of 5 year old kids. You may very well be as skilled as you think you are, but that shot doesn't prove much of anything apart from the fact that you know how to wring badges out of the system.

Best post of the thread.

edit :

after reading some more in this thread..

Low slash to Crushing Darkness, what ? That DoT is designed first of all, to get used by a Madness specced Assassin, not by a Deception ***., and secondly, you only ever _CAST_ crushing darkness as a part of your "burst" opener as Madness in rare situations where you 1v1 someone ( Mind trap -> Overcharge+Trinket+Recklessness -> Crushing Darkness -> Death Field ). Crushing Darkness is used 99% of time as a instant cast+free cost spell due to Raze proc.

And saying that Darkness takes skill to play.. ***** please. Wither when it drops off, Dark Ward when it drops off, Shock on cooldown, Thrash to reset Shock CD and Lightning when 3 stacks of Harnessed Darkness are up. Real skill jop.

When you're by yourself and using Low Slash (and have force available), crushing Darkness is not the most stupid thing to apply. You'll have to do something with the 4 second window and either you wait it out (if you're low on force and there are no Hots on the target) or you apply crushing darkness after waiting 1.5 seconds. Everything else makes no sense at all, Madness or not. It is free damage after all.

When you use low slash as an interrupt (which is the way I usually end up using it, to pressure healers etc.) you just continue to dps anyway.

Edited by GruulTapul

When you're by yourself and using Low Slash (and have force available), crushing Darkness is not the most stupid thing to apply. You'll have to do something with the 4 second window and either you wait it out (if you're low on force and there are no Hots on the target) or you apply crushing darkness after waiting 1.5 seconds. Everything else makes no sense at all, Madness or not. It is free damage after all.

When you use low slash as an interrupt (which is the way I usually end up using it, to pressure healers etc.) you just continue to dps anyway.

You're better off using Maul with a Low Slash than Crushing Darkness -- it hits harder as Dec.

You're better off using Maul with a Low Slash than Crushing Darkness -- it hits harder as Dec.

Only if it crits (and it will still costs more force); but if you have EW up, you should Maul anyway, correct. Crushing Darkness also has much more chance of proccing Exploitive strikes (impossible for Maul) and EW itself, coupled with the fact that you can force a crit via Recklessness anway, which makes for reliable damage. Also the chance of not getting EW from Crushing darkness immediately is very small since it ticks every second.

Edited by GruulTapul

Only if it crits (and it will still costs more force); but if you have EW up, you should Maul anyway, correct. Crushing Darkness also has much more chance of proccing Exploitive strikes (impossible for Maul) and EW itself, coupled with the fact that you can force a crit via Recklessness anway, which makes for reliable damage. Also the chance of not getting EW from Crushing darkness immediately is very small since it ticks every second.

Good points.