Onderon Daily Mission Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Onderon's daily missions are now available for testing! In order to access Onderon, talk to the travel droid at the Odessen base camp (right near the boost terminal). Let us know your thoughts and be sure to include:

• The name / location of the Mission.
  • Your faction / Class.
  • Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?
  • Is the Mission too easy or difficult?

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class - Merc (Heals)

Companion - Shae Vizla Rank 44 (DPS)

Faction - Imperial <3

Are there only a max of 10 dailies you can do a day? Or did I miss 2? The weekly requires 12 dailies.

All of the Imperial Dailies I did were pretty straight forward to complete and I think they're balanced pretty well difficulty wise. I did have to heal more than I would on live doing dailies but that's to be expected with lack of any level 75 gear haha. My companion was doing good DPS (but then again it's Shae soooooo) so I think companions have been bolstered/scaled or whatever up well too.

But anyway Onderon is super *********** pretty send my regards onto the folks responsible for making it look so amazing!

PS. Will there be reputation? Also, we NEED lots and lots of pretty Onderon decorations? Please! :D

Edited by Pandoras_Jar

Please, please please please PLEASSSSE remove invisible walls from rooftops and stuff so we can have fun and go jump everywhere.

It has sadly been a recent trend of the fun police to put invisible walls everywhere to not make us go to places outside of the paths. I really love jumping around and when I saw the hunting lodge I got really excited and immediately went up on the roofs to go full assassins creed mode on my assassin and everything seemed so lovely until I hit an invisible wall, and another one, and another one and AAAAH PLEASE IT IS SO FUN BUT YOU RUINED IT PLS FIX :(

Onderon Collector Quest

I found where Queen Talia's Necklace was but it wouldn't let me click it and get credit. It's not glowing blue like the other items. You can put your cursor over it and it says, "Queen Talia's Necklace" but that's about all.

I assume somebody else clicked it before you and it was still on cooldown. It works the same way on Dantooine for the onetime "collect-some-stuff"-quest. One can just hope the respawn-timer isn't as ridiculously long as on Dantooine.

As for my own experiences:

Imp-side, Assassin-dps, heal/dps-comp lvl 22

Most of the quests are straight forward, except for "Rooftop rumble". I couldn't figure out a way to get up there (or if I'm even supposed to). Related to that, I would agree with an earlier post, that the invisible walls are extremly annoying, pls remove them (unless they're only temporary to prevent us from finding something we're not supposed to yet).

I only found 10 missions, when the weekly needs 12, so I hope I either missed some missions or you're gonna reduce the weekly to match the amount of dailies.

4 small things:

- when I was trying to use a taxi from "imperial forward operating base" to "imperial cave camp", it wouldn't let me

- when I used QT to "forward operating base" I spawned in the republic outpost (maybe this QT-point shouldn't be there for imps? or maybe the spawnpoint is just wrong?)

- when using a taxi to fly back to the hunters lodge, my lovely thranta (or whatever) went straight through a rock-formation at one point (not that it bothers me much, I'm not using taxis normally)

- there is a typo on the map for one of the taxi-points "imperail archeological site"

Edited by mrwayn

Just a few thoughts:

-The Mandalorian Armor quest should have the Armor dropping off the regular mobs as well as the Strong ones. Getting a bunch of people there trying to farm the Armor item objective with it only dropping off the Strongs will cause the mission to take a long time and lead to griefing.

-You may want to reconsider using Yellow to outline Mission objective locations. The yellow blends in too well with the dirt and I ended up running around for half an hour trying to do one of the dailies because I couldn't see the objective spots to plant the surveillance stuff.

Also, I found a couple of seams in the world map as well (X,Y, Z location above the minimap in the bottom right corner)

https://i.imgur.com/qXRNAIO.png

https://i.imgur.com/rFhCitJ.png

Please, please please please PLEASSSSE remove invisible walls from rooftops and stuff so we can have fun and go jump everywhere.

It has sadly been a recent trend of the fun police to put invisible walls everywhere to not make us go to places outside of the paths. I really love jumping around and when I saw the hunting lodge I got really excited and immediately went up on the roofs to go full assassins creed mode on my assassin and everything seemed so lovely until I hit an invisible wall, and another one, and another one and AAAAH PLEASE IT IS SO FUN BUT YOU RUINED IT PLS FIX :(

I second the removing of invisible walls.

Character Merc

Comp, used T7 level 6, as was sending higher levelled comps on crew missions.

Was it hard? No found it OK (other than moving slow which I will get to later). Really liked the planet. Did not find any mats to pick up, have they not been added yet? However it was also very long winded having to do 12 to get the weekly. Can it be reduced to 10? which then gives the player the option to pick and chose which 10 out of the 12. Nothing to stop anyone who wants to do all 12 doing so. There are a few issues but all the ones I found have already been mentioned by above posters.

. In the end did not do all quests there. For some reason this planet same as Dantoonie my character is just moving so slowly. Other players running past me just fine, so clearly the issue is with my PC not the planets but really found it time consuming because of it. Maybe some tech expert may be able to advise on that, but yes my PC is really slow for playing this game, fine in doing anything else.

Onderon is at least as far as I am concerned well done, and now hope the other planets are as done as well as this.

so 10/10 from me on the planet.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

For rooftop rumble mouse over the ladder untill you find the clickable spot. Not sure if intended or bugged, but it's a small hotbox and no highlight.

Also the lures weren't working for dewback until after I lures that cat, then suddenly it worked.

+1000 on reducing the weekly to 10 dailies.

+1000 on less invisible walls, and even should be possible to platform up some steep/tall cliffsides, the winding maze through cliff canyons is a tad boring.

Besides that no real complaints.

Most of the dailies are fine to do, they're as easy as you'd expect dailies to be. Though I do have one major complaint about the planet, optimization. I had the same issue with Dantooine where in the PTS it was extremely poorly optimized and I felt like I was playing a slide-show. And in the live servers the same happened. So I hope Onderon gets better optimization as even if I de-activate things like shadows, I still have areas where I suffer major lag.

Onderon Collector Quest

I found where Queen Talia's Necklace was but it wouldn't let me click it and get credit. It's not glowing blue like the other items. You can put your cursor over it and it says, "Queen Talia's Necklace" but that's about all.

Same here but instead of Talia's necklace its Kith Kark saber. I'm unable to click even though I logged in and off.

+1000 on reducing the weekly to 10 dailies.

I second that.

Another vote for reducing the weekly to 10.

Iokath, Dantooine, and now Onderon. Weekly missions that require you to return at a later date and repeat some of the missions are just terrible design. A lot of people can only log on a few days out of the week, so if they decide to spend their time on a daily planet, they really should be able to knock out the weekly in one sitting. Making you come back another day to finish the weekly just means people will always repeat the easiest missions, which gets boring and repetitive.

I been doing Onderon Collector Quest, and I will say that I believe for how long it takes to do it and the fact it's a one time mission I believe we should get some type reward by doing it other than XP, credits, and rep (in which I am assuming there is a rep on onderon). Like a mount, maybe armor piece, a pet, it could even be reskin (not a armor reskin), but the point I believe the BW devs should try to make some quest like this where it's a one off quest, more rewarding

I will do the other dailies later.

Agreeing with the rest of the people here: reduce the amount of missions needed to finish weekly. There's a reason I can't be bothered with Iokath or Dantooine weekly: I have so many alts I would have to write down which one is half way through weekly and which has not even started. I want to finish my weekly in one go. This is supposed to be a game, not a job.

The missions (rep side) were not too difficult, but I gave up on the "find a shiny pixel on the map to complete the mission", as I have better things to do than that. I'll just wait for someone to write a guide and show the exact locations, then I might do them. If you want players to find a specific shiny pixel to click, the area needs to be way smaller.

Character: Sorcerer (dps)

Faction: Empire

Missions difficult is about right considering these are dailies and you want people to do them.

The rooftop mission sometimes the comm tower bugs out so you might want to check that out.

Nice Decorations---I want!

Stronghold would be good there to make up for Rishi mess.

Note: No repair droids on the planet (at least that I saw) You might want to do that. You might fall when trying to climb lol, Thankfully I brought a stronghold with a vendor and needed things in it.

Edited by casirabit

Onderon, [DAILY] To Catch a Killer

• Your faction / Class.
    Sith Assassin

NO. Once accepted I have an "area indicator" implying that the area to complete the mission is the map area to the "east" of the quest giver. If I go in that area looking to "Track Evidence to Find The Assassin" I find nothing close to the area indicator, and then find a non-clickable astromech droid after a while which shows "Evidence" on mouseover. If I read the quest description, it tells me to "Hunt for clues of whereabout [sic] of the murder [sic] in the hunting lodge villa." If I then go to the hunting lodge I've got nothing. Help?

Unable to progress, can't guess on difficulty

EDIT: Okay, it appears the area to the "east" of "Hunting Lodge" really is "Hunting Lodge Villa" but I've gone back and the wrecked astromech still isn't clickable.

Edited by Kalorilan

Ok, either I'm really stupid or I'm just completely missing what I'm supposed to do.

Pub side. Quest: [Daily] Feed's Gone Dark - Place Motion Tracking Devices: 0/3

I have scoured the entire area and can not find anything to click on to complete this quest. I thought maybe I have the devices in my Mission Items but nothing there. I have floated my cursor over every tree, plant, rock, hillside, dirt road and mound. I dunno what to do? Was I supposed to pick something up from somewhere first?

Onderon Collector Quest

same here

Ummm... might want to check out the Quick Travel spots and confirm who gets to use which ones, unless this is a funny joke on devs part.

Being an Imperial Sniper I was able to Quick Travel to Forward Operating Base. Yeah. that was a bit of a surprise on arriving. Being gunned down by to Super Elite Gunners.

Onderon, [DAILY] To Catch a Killer

• Your faction / Class.
    Sith Assassin

NO. Once accepted I have an "area indicator" implying that the area to complete the mission is the map area to the "east" of the quest giver. If I go in that area looking to "Track Evidence to Find The Assassin" I find nothing close to the area indicator, and then find a non-clickable astromech droid after a while which shows "Evidence" on mouseover. If I read the quest description, it tells me to "Hunt for clues of whereabout [sic] of the murder [sic] in the hunting lodge villa." If I then go to the hunting lodge I've got nothing. Help?

Unable to progress, can't guess on difficulty

I dont agree. Mission was very easy to figure out, took me literally 10 sec to get the idea "oh, I gotta search for clues" and clues were easy to find, same with the assassin at the end.

Republic side {[DAILY] Combing the Wreckage} was super confusing. Found the log but it's unclickable atm and way too buried in the ground to be seen.

EDIT: Turns out, the datapad respawns and disappears based on players, cuz when i swapped to the pvp instance, i found the first one to be clickable and it continued the quest.

Edited by alexine
continued exploration

I didn´t do the dailies, I´m just here to say that the planet is so beautiful.

Please add more new monsters though - I only saw one dinosaur-like that seemed new.

(It´s nitpicking I know - but I would be super happy if the vegetation especially the violet trees could be more detailed :)

But great work - I love what I´ve seen so far.