Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

StephenReid

This is from twitter. So no it will not be going all day long or into the night even.

The Old Republic @SWTOR

Close

The third wave of Early Game Access emails have been sent, one more to go!

So no more waves. :( Ah well i pre-ordered the game late in order to write it off to someone else as a christmas gift. I dont expect to get in today but i had held vain hope for tomorrow.

Anyone that got on the 4th Wave know when they redeemed their code? Maybe we can get a guesstimate going on how far long the que they are.

Back to playing Skyrim and other goodies on my days off.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's be clear.

They said 5 days earlier. I paid for that. By the 15th of december at 00:00 I should be playing.

I don't care if your servers are exploding, you should have organized everything for this. If you didn't, then you shouldn't have sold pre-orders.

actually they said "UP TO" 5 days, you could have 1 day EGA, but hey thats 1 day more than alot of players

Lurking this forum reminds me of WoW on patch Tuesday.

Ghostcrawler-"We now expect servers will be up by 5PM."

Ghostcrawler- "We now expect servers will be up by 6PM."

Ghostcrawler-"We now expect servers will be up by 7PM."

Ghostcrawler-"We now expect servers will be up by 8PM."

I still dont get why only 4 waves. can someone tell me how that makes sense? 6 8 or 10 hours after launch there wont be 1 person in the newb zones, and I hear that the west coast servers are mostly low population. No excuse or legitimate reason for only 4 waves today.

Its to the point that I think its all just for hype now. A powerplay for new customers at the expense of those they know will play regardless :(

Bioware is taking advantage of the product they really created. It wasn't a video game they were making over the past 10 years, it's a propaganda machine (HYPE). They are now using it to torture fanbois and noobs (yes you).

My only problem is with people that keep saying that this was some sort of blessing or gift from Bioware. Wake up idiots, this was done for THEIR purposes, not because they were being heavenly towards customers. They offered it to garner more pre-orders and to have a free week in which they can mess stuff up and still claim it wasn't 'official launch'. Sheesh, take off the Bioware colored glasses.

thus pasting here are requested by a mod:

"So, long story short:

I pre-ordered my game trough a dutch shop listed here on the website: Bart Smit.

Payed 4.99 for the pre order code and 54.99 euros for the game, WHICH I didn't get because the game of course comes out on the 20th, NEITHER a game cd-key, because as well the key comes with the gmae itself, go figure.

So I got home, entered my pre ordered key, received the email confirmation for the early access (not granted tough) and now I read the following statement on https://account.swtor.com/user/account

"Redeem a Product registration Code:

Your Product Registration Code is either packaged in the game box or was sent to the email tied to your EA/Origin account. In order to be granted game access and confirm which edition of the game you own, you need to redeem this code."

Now my question is:

Why do they pre order making you pay without giving out any keys trough their legit stores and then hit you in the face after you pay 5 euros? Simply said, I just payed for early access (even if it was for 1 day) just to hear that I will never be able to get it?

Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Boefje"

have you ever played an MMO before? They ALWAYS give you the cd key in the case as the cases are shrink wrapped, and NEVER email it ahead of time.

Hahha i love how people have no CLUE what the words "Up to" mean. Read the fine print when you're ordering/paying for something.

Just because you pre-ordered, doesn't mean you get in on the 15th even.

You can play UP TO 5 days before ....meaning, hello....1 day before, 2 days before, an HOUR before....

Oh man, I'm gonna get some lunch, and probably some popcorn and just watch this space for pure entertainment value.

July 23rd pre-ordered here, and I ain't even mad. This is worth it.

RIVERS OF IDJIT TEARS! I should have brought a kayak.

You win the interweb! - This post makes the most sense to me honestly...

(well after some typo correction that is...)

Originally Posted by Arialyn

Well if you take the months that you could pre-order in, July - December, and line them up with the days..

13 - July

14 - August

15 - September

16 - October

17 - November

18 - December

19 - 2nd day of 'at least 2 days'.

20 - Launch day.

Thoughts? And no, im not trolling, just idely currious if im right or not.. would be interesting to see how close i am.

Edited by BadDawGe

Surely it would make more sense to send emails to people telling them an estimated time of when they should be able to get on, even if the 'waves' are delayed or get sent early.

Just love how they can **** up and have masses of emails sent to the wrong people, but can't send masses of emails when they're supposed to... Nice handling of things Bioware.

Launch days are always epic...sure we call em "Early acces"but it's launch. I'm gonna sit back and see the whole thing unfold. This is a once in a lifetime thing. Never have there been 160+ mil people ready to play all at once. Goodluck Bioware!

BioWare should have handled communication better. I mean they could given a general time schedule or something and not make people wait for a mail that will be send between now and the 19th.

Furthermore everone who pre-orderd the game should get an acceptable early access period. We all paid for the same product in advance.