Marauder Says Scoundrels are OP

GCLAN

So I was doing 1-49 PvP today, and I'm level 42. I have an Op at 50 full WH that I've been playing ever since this game first came out so I think I know the class pretty well. IMO.

Well today in huttball, this 48 marauder decides to target me of all people, and knowing the tricks and trades of the class + the no charge to cover tactics, I beat this marauder. I then proceeded to find him and kill him everytime he came out of the Rez zone, (I'm stealthed at there side to receive passes from their pit,) and shoot first and burst the crap out of him with lucky crits. And the crits aren't even as high as my gunslingers at lvl 27. When the game ended and I continued on my questing, he logs on a Pub character and continually spams my messages saying we're too OP and we need another NERF.

My response was... LOL.

Scoundrel/OP = No gap closer, not as many nor as near effective Defensive CD's as the marauder, not enough sustainable damage, (let's face it, I was playing scrapper and was lucky to have crit the whole rotation, and we know scrapper is only for burst and sucks hard at long fights,) and that after the NERF we're already hitting 40% if not more less than we used to.

All he had to say was, You're still OP, and ignored me.

And that's my QQ story of the day. Bye. (:

Scoundrel/Operatives are pretty powerful at 40+, but then again, in pre50 pvp all classes are powerful at 40+

Just so happens that in my opinion Scoundrel/Operative are the best in terms of DPS

Not sure how they are now but before adrenal removals I could 1v1 any class and burst them down within my stuns and it was great.

After i'm done with my VG i'll probably be powering through a scoundrel to 40 and augmenting my gear and just beating on people all day in WZ's XD

Oh and about the Marauder, keep beating on him if you see him, it's probably the only time for a while you'll be able to kill them so might aswell make it a living hell for them :)

Enjoy the bloodshed!

Even though I know it's pvp...when someone comes after me I return the favor in full force! I'll usually mark them and make sure I kill them if they are near...but I'm a d**k XD.

After i'm done with my VG i'll probably be powering through a scoundrel to 40 and augmenting my gear and just beating on people all day in WZ's XD

Have 48 sniper in full augments, got 450k damage the other day it was hilarious! Close second had 200k :rak_03:

The funny thing is, you could have done the same thing to him or worse when you were on your gunslinger, and he never would have complained. He wouldn't have realized it was all just one person taking him down.

It's amazing how many times in these forums I've read something to the effect that, so-and-so beat me so therefore their class is clearly overpowered. Otherwise I might have to admit <gasp> that I simply lost to a better player.

Scoundrels and Operatives are OP... from levels 40-49 with acid blade/fletchette rounds. My op is moderately geared and I've been leveling pvp only since I hit 40, and I don't think I've ever lost 1v1. That doesn't mean the class isn't flawed at 50, but ops/scoundrels can dominate low level pvp.

Scoundrels and Operatives are OP... from levels 40-49 with acid blade/fletchette rounds. My op is moderately geared and I've been leveling pvp only since I hit 40, and I don't think I've ever lost 1v1. That doesn't mean the class isn't flawed at 50, but ops/scoundrels can dominate low level pvp.

Anyone on any class can dominate low level PvP if they any idea how their class works and throw on purples of their level.

Scoundrels/Operatives at 40-49 are in their prime and have always been strong as far as damage compared to health pool at that level, and Mara/Sent scales at 50 better and surpasses them much easier as gear improves. It is one of the few classes that Scoundrels/Operatives lock down pretty well though as a counter, as locking up the Mara/Sent from the start doesn't allow them to get their defensives rolling, which is where they are strongest.