Finding FP group not good

I would love to do some Flash Points. But after 20 or 30 minutes of standing outside a Flash Point with my looking for group icon and typing in general chat lfg is really not a good way to handle this. It is not enjoyable for me just sitting in front of my comp waiting on someone to join. I wish you guys would come up with a better way to not only do Flash Points but Heroic areas also.

If this has already been discussed i apologize.

I agree, I've only done a few flashpoint because I can never and when I do, half the time one of the players leave and we have to spend a nothing 30-40 minutes spamming general chat and that usually causes one of the other players to get frustrated so now I'm back to square

I know people are just going to say "use your guild" but, guild members aren't always available and even if they are they usually are too high or low level for the particular FP.

I agree, I've only done a few flashpoint because I can never and when I do, half the time one of the players leave and we have to spend a nothing 30-40 minutes spamming general chat and that usually causes one of the other players to get frustrated so now I'm back to square

I know people are just going to say "use your guild" but, guild members aren't always available and even if they are they usually are too high or low level for the particular FP.

It's a rather ignorant sort of tool that takes for granted just how much work and administrative effort it is to lead a successful progression and raid guild, which is the sort of guild you ideally want to be in for this sort of content.

If its a large guild, you can bet most are mooks that do nothing but say when they can raid and get rostered by someone doing actual work, then show up and take direction from someone that did actual research.

Nothing wrong with being a mook in that capacity. But they do tend to overlook, or remain completely naive to, the realities involved in establishing and maintaining such things as a guild you can rely on do hit content like FP's, hardmodes and raids with any regularity and cohesion. They then commonly take entirely for granted how anyone else's experience, under different circumstances, could possibly be the product of anything other than being lazy or a 'baddie'.

Been there, done that. Frankly, you need a guild to do a lot of that content regularly, or a lot of time to waste on trying to put together or find a pug for specific, especially higher level, FP's.

Been there, done that so far here too, and I completely sympathize with you; it can be a real pain to even try to run some of that content. Is your playtime way off-peak? Are you commonly juggling something like a baby or having to go AFK for whatever? Anymore, its becoming an increasing exclusionary factor if you don't want to spacebar through the dialogue too.

The lists of hurdles could go on, but it doesn't need to. They desperately need to prioritize a dungeon and raid finder if they're gonna carbon-copy everything else from WoW as well. May as well incorporate the features that allow more than 5% of a playerbase to actually do the higher end content, right?

Edited by Uruare

It's a rather ignorant sort of tool that takes for granted just how much work and administrative effort it is to lead a successful progression and raid guild, which is the sort of guild you ideally want to be in for this sort of content.

If its a large guild, you can bet most are mooks that do nothing but say when they can raid and get rostered by someone doing actual work, then show up and take direction from someone that did actual research.

Nothing wrong with being a mook in that capacity. But they do tend to overlook, or remain completely naive to, the realities involved in establishing and maintaining such things as a guild you can rely on do hit content like FP's, hardmodes and raids with any regularity and cohesion. They then commonly take entirely for granted how anyone else's experience, under different circumstances, could possibly be the product of anything other than being lazy or a 'baddie'.

Been there, done that. Frankly, you need a guild to do a lot of that content regularly, or a lot of time to waste on trying to put together or find a pug for specific, especially higher level, FP's.

Been there, done that so far here too, and I completely sympathize with you; it can be a real pain to even try to run some of that content. Is your playtime way off-peak? Are you commonly juggling something like a baby or having to go AFK for whatever? Anymore, its becoming an increasing exclusionary factor if you don't want to spacebar through the dialogue too.

The lists of hurdles could go on, but it doesn't need to. They desperately need to prioritize a dungeon and raid finder if they're gonna carbon-copy everything else from WoW as well. May as well incorporate the features that allow more than 5% of a playerbase to actually do the higher end content, right?

^This

/Support. Was spamming general chat looking for a group for either Athiss or Hammer Station on my level 20 alt. After only the second spam I had level 50s telling me to shut up and some other nonsense....trolls (WoW kiddos made it here quick). Eventually I found another healer who was up for it and we two-manned Athiss.

Its pretty frustrating not being able to find a group even for the lower level flashpoints. And finding a group for the level 47 heroics on hoth? lol forget about it.

Edited by DocScarecrow

Never had a problem... all you really have to do is group with people while you're leveling. After running with people that are good, just ask if you can put them on your friends list. Most won't have a problem with that. Then when looking to do a FP just whisper them if they want to start a group with you. Unless they were tank/heals besties playing together more than likely they've been just waiting to see someone spam a certain FP. Run as much as you can and get in good with as many tanks and heals as you can... basically by just showing that you know how to play your role. Also helps if you're social during the group and make it fun.

I think bioware did a decent job of keeping the game social: social points, heroic quests, FPs... you should be grouping up almost every level. And even when you hit 50, you should be doing daily heroics and what not building up your social base even more. The whole point of an mmorpg is to be social... take some initiative if you find yourself getting bored. Most people are just waiting for someone to start a group.

I'd like to see them keep it only server based though. It would promote the community more and help weed out capable vs incapable players.

I'd personally place a higher priority on features, tools and content escalation that teaches the incapable how to be capable, as well as fosters a mindset encouraging that sort of inclusion rather than fixate on only that which segregates the 'capable' from the 'incapable'.

I say this for several reasons, chief amongst them being that if you'd like to see a massively negative community that is rife with fixation on its segregations and factors for segregation and stratification of illusory 'ability', you need look no further than trade chat in WoW.

Just pick a server and go hang in Orgrimmar or Stormwind. A half hour later and you'll probably have a pretty fair idea of what we don't need to be replicating.

Mindset is important. The tools and features available as bridges into escalating, capability-demanding content need to be accessible and they need to work in a manner that, if nothing else, isn't directly damaging to the whole concept of a raidgame's mindset.

I've ranted about it elsewhere, but the reality is, TOR's trying to be a raid game. If they want to replicate the toxic community standard of WoW, they need to do nothing, as that toxic, negatively steeped 'community' divided itself viciously across all kinds of imaginary lines, and no small number of those lines formed between those that got to do the dungeons and raids regularly for having access to, typically, a functional (if not always healthy) progression/raid guild...and those that, for whateve reasons, could not or would not.

THose that did not often wound up on one side of an ubiquitous fence and essentially became the spat-upon inferiors. Inspects and armory data, then gearscore, then item level succeded, in addition to their intended purposes, in widening the rifts and turning smoldering resents on both sides into raging infernos of interwebz hatred and disdain.

That war of sorts exists here as well. You need look no further than elsewhere on the forums for the threads about add-ons to see a spill-over battleground.

The problem never really was intra-server crossover in the dungeon or raid finder.

The problem never had anything to do with the actual difficulty of the content.

It had everything to do with the accessibility of said content and the mindsets that evolved on both general sides; the Haves and Have Nots, so to say; and all the things they respectively blame for all their perceived woes.

Mindset is important. So important, in fact, that fostering the desired mindset really ought to be a primary concern for the dev team, though I suspect my posulate there is quite possibly way ahead of its realistic time.

For a realistic basis of expectation, expect TOR to feel a lot like World of The Old Republic-craft with laserswords in short order. Except not so savvy to the macrosocial and psychosocial requirements of such things, or finesse in crafting and scaling the content on par with Blizzard's...possibly ever.

Reality kinda sucks, but as far as I have cause to believe at this time, that's my prognosis.

/doctorwozzit

Edited by Uruare

I would love to do some Flash Points. But after 20 or 30 minutes of standing outside a Flash Point with my looking for group icon and typing in general chat lfg is really not a good way to handle this. It is not enjoyable for me just sitting in front of my comp waiting on someone to join. I wish you guys would come up with a better way to not only do Flash Points but Heroic areas also.

If this has already been discussed i apologize.

You mean to tell me spamming LFG Red Reaper for 20 to 30 minutes doesn't build "community" in your view?

I'd like to see them keep it only server based though. It would promote the community more and help weed out capable vs incapable players.

So instead of using it's creative genius to design a decent "flag the a-hole" system in a LFD tool (and yes, no system is perfect and any system could be abused... bla, bla, bla), the Devs give us no LFD tool and called it "community" building? But wait! What about the great queue system in PvP? You mean to tell me those players don't need "community?" Why do they have a LFD tool?

This is one of the most succinct, eloquent, and above all, accurate description of most of the Guilds and Raids I’d ever seen! Also, the total absence of rants and l33t-speech are greatly appreciated. Kudos!