Phantom Stride after 5.9.3

LudhaninRolgge

I know you tried to do something useful, but making PS respecting the GCD is not the right solution. It makes sin's rotation very clunky. So could you please at least make PS not respect the GCD again. Since you don't want to fix it correctly, that's the least you can do.

The best solution would be to make it an actual teleport instead of a dash, but I've stopped hoping for that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's even worse as a tank as there is a 1.75 second gap in the opener (1.5 second between Force Pull and Phantom Stride, 0.25 second after Phantom Stride), when you don't generate any threat at all. The 1.5 second between the two abilities is enough for some of the bosses to jump on the tank, who's most likely not in the optimal position.

I don't know what you wanted to fix with this change, as the patch description is incredibly vague but please change it back and find another way that doesn't include neither dps nor threat nerf.

All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used. Edited by ForfiniteStories

Holy crap is it awful.

I would seriously rather have a non-zero chance of flying into outer space and dying than have this. This cripples the tank opener. Who would ever think that this is a good idea?

Imagine how it'll be on something like NiM Writhing Horror where not building threat fast enough can cause serious problems.

All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used.

As Deception it builds 3 Stacks Static Charge.

Hatred gets proc for Eradicate.

Tank gets proc on Maul.

With Reapers Rushutility you get a proc for Assasinate

:-)

All it is a small GCD nerf with the ability Phantom Stride or whatever it is called. It isn't going to make or break the game. That ability is only used to enclose the distance between you and a target, therefore it is used rather rarely. Whoever says that it is a DPS loss probably doesn't have good DPS to begin with since it's not even a part of their rotation, and therefore shouldn't even be used.

Actually if you played sin you'd know it absolutely is part of the rotation using it to close on someone is 2ndary.

We get it, you don't play sins.

You have to use phantom stride for good DPS to begin with. Why do you comment in class specific threads if you don't play the class? Now you just made yourself look stupid.

As mentioned above, using the ability procs various other abilities and as such, it is a crucial part of assassin rotation/priority.

Please remove the GCD from Phantom Shride again. It's really annoying to play the class like that. The class feeling isn't especially for Deception Sin the same as it was before.

It would be very nice from you to change it again to no GCD.

Very good changes. I am so happy about it as never before. It is brilliant how they fix PS. 10/10 Now it's inquisitors time!!! Time to buff Sorcs since assassins recieved a PS fix that now will allow them to stay in the battle and deal more deeps. Great job bioware. Respect from me

Very good changes. I am so happy about it as never before. It is brilliant how they fix PS. 10/10 Now it's inquisitors time!!! Time to buff Sorcs since assassins recieved a PS fix that now will allow them to stay in the battle and deal more deeps. Great job bioware. Respect from me

I hope you're being sarcastic because the way they fixed PS is like putting a bandaid on a hole in the hull of your sinking ship.

I haven't log in since last week, and as I understand from this thread they have sh#!@ even more on sins now.

I bet they want us to go play with PTs in the corner.

They added a .25s GCD to pStride... which wouldn't be an issue (IMHO) IF it didn't also make it respect the normal GCD (if you use an ability, you have to wait a GCD to use pStride.

For Tanks, this means our opener goes from Pull>Stride>shock to pull [GCD]>Stride [miniGCD]> shock, giving us more than a GCD between the first two threat generating moves (pull/shock). It's annoying as hell and most people I've spoken to say we'll likely have to revert to the 2.0 opener which eats one of our DCD's as a gap closer.

For Deception, that means you're lowering your APM by using pStride (which you need to use rotationally, for the few post I've seen here that apparently post without actually playing the class) and have to fight muscle memory like crazy.

Tests have already also shown that this "fix" fixes nothing of the normal over/undershoooting issues or basically 18 of the D20 roll possibilities when using pStride.

The only reason we're not sure yet if it fixes getting launched into space (which it shouldn't, as that thing is usually caused by angles and not ability overlap AFAIK) is because the launch is so rare that you can't really rule it out just because it hasn't happened yet. I'm fully expecting to hear within the next week or two that someone gets launched though, and that this was all just to screw with our class XD

its a huge nerf to dps but it completely cripples tank opener. 1,5-1,75 secs global cd u get after force pull before u can use phantom stride causes bosses like writhing horror or raptus to pretty much wipe the raid on harder difficulties.

their explanation was so vague it seemed like they couldnt find proper reason for adding that 0,25 global cd. feels like this: what will i mess up in next patch, maybe cripple all assassin specs with 1 change? but how do i explain it? : .25 second Global Cooldown has been added to Phantom Stride to prevent an issue when this ability was overlapped with other movement abilities. ->i never had any problems, only platforming was a bit off when stride is used on target close to the edge of something. and thats not even worth mentioning since all the rest worked perfectly. so what movement abilities they even speak off?

Please remove the GCD from Phantom Shride again. It's really annoying to play the class like that. The class feeling isn't especially for Deception Sin the same as it was before.

It would be very nice from you to change it again to no GCD.

100% agree. since stride is part of all sin class specs whatever i try it feels so wrong and clunky. dont know why they fix something that clearly isnt broken. hope they will realize their mistake of nerfing a class that definitely doesnt need it and go back to no gcd for phantom stride.

In no way is this a "cripple" to tanking, simply do force pull from 10m and then follow that up with normal rotation, no need of using phantom stride at all, use force speed if you are slow at getting to your target. If you are still struggling with maintaining aggro you can either use your first taunt earlier, use a DPS Adrenal, use Recklessness, use Overcharged Saber or a combination of those. After your 3rd taunt, you will have the highest threat on the target and it will be incredibly difficult for someone to get aggro, even if you have worse gear than the DPS or aren't using power mods.

In no way is this a "cripple" to tanking, simply do force pull from 10m and then follow that up with normal rotation, no need of using phantom stride at all, use force speed if you are slow at getting to your target. If you are still struggling with maintaining aggro you can either use your first taunt earlier, use a DPS Adrenal, use Recklessness, use Overcharged Saber or a combination of those. After your 3rd taunt, you will have the highest threat on the target and it will be incredibly difficult for someone to get aggro, even if you have worse gear than the DPS or aren't using power mods.

Sure, it isn't THAT bad. But it is still an unnecessary change that is not welcome. Especially for Deception.

P.S. And by the way, I don't even know what they fixed with this. I have already seen people teleported 30+m away in the wrong direction after using holotraverse/Phantom stride. May be the bug where you get thrown upwards into the sky?

Edited by Equeliber

Yeah sure, why not delete phantom stride? We don't need that crap anyway, we can just waste one of our best dcd as a gap closer in the first second of the fight.

Seriously, why are you defending this change? Or should juggs use mad dash instead of force charge and PTs pop their hydraulics? Sins have this ability for a reason. Sure, we can adjust until this fix is unfixed again but that doesn't mean it should stay like this.

Edited by FlyXan

if something negatively affects all specs of single class it should be deleted. i play tank sin only and the change we got is real hindrance imo.

Force Pull->Phantom Stride->combat.

this was perfect opener. once you used Pull, you could use stride to

close distance even while global CD was running because stride

was off GCD and then normally tank rest of the fight with high starting

threat.

Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Phantom Stride->0,25secs GCD->combat

that 1,5secs that got thrown in there is

making my like living hell especially on bosses

like Raptus who have plenty of time to jump on

you before u can close the distance with your

Phantom Stride.

My friend suggested to stay at 10m and use

Force Speed but that is also hindered: Force Pull->1,5secs GCD->Force Speed->combat.

As for dps specs i dont play it but from what ive seen on this forum and on guildchat it messes up rotation and lowers overall dps-> not good either.

As i never noticed any instance when Phantom Stride overlapped with "other movement abilities" i really dont get why they had to "fix" it. Assassin tank is my main character and the only thing i noticed that should warrant some fix was bad platforming that caused a person to fall down when Phantom Stride was targeted on someone close to the edge of some platform - and even this is something that u stop noticing after few mins of playing. But something nobody noticed needed fixing more than that? And as a bonus all three class specs get nerfed? This needs to be undone immediately so Phantom Stride can be free of GCD like before.

Edited by Darittha