life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the F2P features page. That's your season's ticket, your weekly front row seat.

Or isn't getting no limitations whatsoever not enough? Do you also feel entitled to getting things everyone needs to pay extra money for? Ya know.. like hot dogs or cold drinks..

That depends. Does my paying for a season ticket fund the creation of said hot dogs and cold drinks? Are said hot dogs and drinks sold under the premise that people with a season ticket won't be required to pay extra in order to get them?

If the answer to these questions is no - and I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suspect that it is - then your comparison is inane and not applicable to this situation.

Well i love swtor but I have to say this makes me mad. This is the first mmo that I have ever played that makes you pay to enjoy holiday fun. There should really be quests to get these items at least for subs. This is a big fat fail imo bioware.

Do not buy them... they are not mandatory.

Ranting here will not change anything, if majority of players still gave them their money for such "holiday items".

Do not buy them... they are not mandatory.

Ranting here will not change anything, if majority of players still gave them their money for such "holiday items".

Complaints are always valid, they may not always work, but that doesn't make the act of complaining about something that you feel is wrong any less valid.

The more I think about it, I think I'm done as well. F2P is barely a month old, and the cash shop has already jumped the shark. My sub expires Sunday and will not be renewed.

The sub lvl 50 +41 stat crystals are P2W, end of story. They are BiS and only obtainable by *someone* spending money in the cash shop.

I can see arguments on both sides for the space ship parts, because they are BiS, but space combat is a single player minigame. However, they can also be obtained playing the game, but I wonder how many of you people defending the space ship parts in the cash shop would defend Elite War Hero gear and Dread Guard gear in the cash shop under the same logic.

Stuff like Revan's robes should be end game rare drops (even as cosmetic items), not *********** gambling box items.

I think Life Day is effing stupid and wish they had done nothing, but having no event like LotRO does every few months with their festivals and putting all those items LotRO would have you just grind minigames for in the cash shop while giving us lame *** fireworks is just insulting.

I guess next month you'll see Malak's mask or Mandalore's helm in gambling boxes. :mad:

Edited by HarleysRule

So my season ticket, that shows how loyal I am, allows me to watch the game from somewhere in the middle of the stands? Because I sure dont have frontline seats, thats reserved for the rich people who only watch a game or 2. Seasonticketers have to deal with mediocre seats at this time. Theyre not as bad as the worst seats but theyre nowhere near as good as the frontrow.

And yes I feel entitled that my team does something for their loyal fans every now and then.

In the real world theres fan days where people with season tickets get to meet their teams, autographs etc for free. They get extra cool stuff like a magazine every month and discounts on stuff like caps and other gear.

I know a few clubs thatll give 2 drink tickets for every match to their season supporters.

Also yet is the operative word there. They already implemented a "Pay for a quick win" concept with the Grade 7 ship stuff. You dont need to get it but they made it a lot easier.

An analogy I can follow and agree with.

As a loyal subscriber, the current situation leaves me with the feeling of being cheated and taken for granted. I can afford the monthly sub, but little more. If that results in a mediocre gaming experience compared to spending the same amount of money on 2 characters in F2P, I'll look into the option of unsubbing and playing my two highest characters only.

That may very well be the intended result, though, with current subscriber-only benefits eventually available for purchase.

Soon this game wil be on every game site with bad rating only because EAware did this.. why dont they continue the cartel shop how it was? with unlocks for f2p users... noone complained.. it was nice.. now they add star ship items and soon PvP gear... -.- do they want to make us leave?

I guess next month you'll see Malak's mask or Mandalore's helm in gambling boxes. :mad:

I don't know about next month, but I suspect that is where you will see them, and the only place you will see them. :(

Probably the same for any "event" items too given the Life Day precedent. :mad:

There's way too many people that just aren't getting the point of this thread, Its not about getting something for free, its about feeling cheated. We were promised an event, not a charity drive.

Every MMO I've played has events and fun in game stuff for those events. To make the event only available through cash purchases is kind of sleazy.

I understand that it is a catch 22. They need money for new content, and have to use new content to make money, but for an event, you either have to make it available to all subs or just don't do it at all.

I'm not a big fan of WOW any more, but I don't think they would have made it 8 years if you had to buy the Horseman's Helm with a credit card.

Grinding for fun stuff keeps people paying. Paying for it is kind of pointless.

Anyway, I will try to enjoy the Life Day event as it is, I don't think there will be one next year.....

Seriously I could do without the Life Day event and I'm glad it isn't in there. Seriously anyone who saw the Life Day special would agree lol. Anyway we're getting a new planet in one next month or two, so its not like it really matters anyway.

Although I can agree I don't like the insane prices they have for it. I think I spent like $10 in total for the Life Day tree, tinsel bomb and orb.

I just wished that they allowed us to get the schematics for the fireworks, vanity items and pets in the Cartel Packs so that we can make as many fireworks as we want like they did in FFXI.

I've been ruminating on this for a couple of days. I've come to the conclusion that EA has decided that we, as subscribers, are the 2nd class citizens of the game. They have gone all-in with the CM and no amount of cancelled subs will do a damn thing so long as there is the constant "BANG BANG" cacophony of people opening item packs on fleet going on. Unless we're dropping cash on coins, we don't matter. I'd say something about cancelling my sub but, as I just explained, I don't think EA gives a crap.

I also believe the placement of the Grade 7 ship parts on the CM is a test of the player base's tolerance of P2W via gear purchasing. If enough of the packs sell, there will be end-game raid/PVP gear packs on there next patch. After all, it just saves time and shortens the grind, right? It's coming, just wait. People will buy it, EA will take their money with a big ol' smile on their face.

I may be rushing headlong down the slippery slope here but that's how I see it.

There's way too many people that just aren't getting the point of this thread, Its not about getting something for free, its about feeling cheated. We were promised an event, not a charity drive.

Actually, we weren't promised anything. Someone datamined items with "life day" in their names and everyone assumed there is going to be an event.

I was pissed at first too, and expressed this ni this thread, because I felt that BW is making an event that requires you to spend CC to enjoy it.

But then I went to sleep, got over it, looked at whole case calmly, and yep, it all makes sense.

So to say - there is no life day in old republic era. Many people hated ida of introducing it to SWTOR, others hated any Christmas-related event, and yes, there is no event. There is no story behind it. There are only fluff items themed in a way people want to see, and money flow.

As far as game is concerned, life day isn't celebrated, and people aren't riding around republic fleet on gigantic thrones with imperial logo. Life day holotree is no different than rancor holoreplica. Speeder is just another speeder, life orb is carbonizing chamber, sparkles are sparkles.

There is no event, never was meant to be. But if people want to celebrate it that much, they were given a means. Cashshop means, because that way it's not officially in game(and obviously, this means money flows).

Edited by Elear

Actually, we weren't promised anything. Someone datamined items with "life day" in their names and everyone assumed there is going to be an event.

I was pissed at first too, and expressed this ni this thread, because I felt that BW is making an event that requires you to spend CC to enjoy it.

But then I went to sleep, got over it, looked at whole case calmly, and yep, it all makes sense.

So to say - there is no life day in old republic era. Many people hated ida of introducing it to SWTOR, others hated any Christmas-related event, and yes, there is no event. There is no story behind it. There are only fluff items themed in a way people want to see, and money flow.

This is true - as I said before, maybe if we actually had Kashyyyk where the only inhabitants who know of Life Day would be able to say something about it could work, but Life Day was not recognized anywhere else in the galaxy at this time. The items are also not content. I still think it would have gone a long way in good faith to put a couple of things things in game for subscribers to run around and have fun with without paying, but I do think some people overreacted to this a bit just because "Every other game is doing a Christmas event OMG" or "SWG had Life Day!" (where it actually made sense to have the holiday unlike here).

Big deal. If you want to celebrate life day spend the CC you get with your sub and RP it up with your buddies.

No Christmas event? Good, there shouldn't be. We're a long time ago in a friggin' galaxy far, far away. Watch that crappy old special on youtube if you need your fix.

But game ______ haz X-mas stuff? What're you playing this for then? Shove off matey and go play some ______.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Even though the items are totally crap and I'm not even remotely interested in obtaining any of them, they SHOULD be obtainable through in-game means.

Absolutely, so now we have to pay for event stuff too? Plus the P2W ship parts insult?

I have been a big fan of this game and a loyal subscriber since launch, but if this is a taste of what BW/EA are planning for the game, a cash shop centered game where you have to pay for every single thing and to add insult to injury, P2W items on the store, yeah, NO MORE.

There are plenty of games out there with none of this stupid non-sense.

Edited by Aelrail

Even though the items are totally crap and I'm not even remotely interested in obtaining any of them, they SHOULD be obtainable through in-game means.

They are obtainable through in-game means it is called the GTN which you use credits you earned in-game to buy things from. It seems to work since I just sold my life day clothes on the GTN yesterday.

It you want to know what people feared with F2P/Cashshop.... well, this is IT. :(

No. Actually, what we feared. Well, expected, was Pay-to-Win. Life day isn't that. But the ship enhancements... :rolleyes:

Well done, EA. Well done. You implemented P2W on the second F2P expansion, just as I predicted.

No. Actually, what we feared. Well, expected, was Pay-to-Win. Life day isn't that. But the ship enhancements... :rolleyes:

Well done, EA. Well done. You implemented P2W on the second F2P expansion, just as I predicted.

They have already admitting to making a mistake with the ship parts and are planning on doing something to correct it go here for the official post

They have already admitting to making a mistake with the ship parts and are planning on doing something to correct it go here for the official post

And you trust them to do this? Eaware has "said" a lot in the past and have nothing to show for it.

They are obtainable through in-game means it is called the GTN which you use credits you earned in-game to buy things from. It seems to work since I just sold my life day clothes on the GTN yesterday.

ONLY if someone decides to actually sell them.