Galactic Command Armor and Weapons no longer available in 6.0

BenKatarn

Since this is also being discussed on the SWTOR subreddit, I figured it should also get some coverage here as well.

Prior to 6.0, we were told all the cosmetic stuff that was available from Galactic Command would be available from the Spoils of War vendors on the fleet once Galactic Command had been transitioned into Galactic Renown.

However, all we got were the pets and mounts, not the cosmetic armor and weapon shells. While I did see random gear drops of around item rating 276 appearing in the wild that sported the same appearance as those tiered Galactic Command shells, those that dropped had generic names and were unmoddable.

This now means that all these shells are no longer available, except for what is still available on the GTN or what people have been hoarding in their cargo bays. I'm absolutely not a fan of this game losing any cosmetic stuff due to the passage of time, and have been since the original Tionese, Columi and Rakata gear got thrown to the wayside.

It was promised by the devs that these items would still be available from vendors, yet they are not. This needs to be changed.

A list of armor sets that are now no longer available:

• Agile Sharpshooter
  • Ardent Warden
  • Brutal Executioner
  • Concealed Hunter
  • Cunning Vigilante
  • Dark Praetorian
  • Deadeye
  • Devious Outlaw
  • Devout Overseer
  • Disciplined Conscript
  • Force Champion
  • Force Herald
  • Frenzied Instigator
  • Frontline Mercenary
  • Hazardous Recon
  • Lone-Wolf
  • Majestic Augur
  • Mandalorian Enforcer
  • Omniscient Master
  • Recon Spotter
  • Rim Runner
  • Ruthless Challenger
  • Ruthless Commander
  • Savage Despot
  • Shrewd Privateer
  • Stately Diplomat
  • Tribal Hermit
  • Unbreakable Defender
  • Underworld Enforcer
  • Venerated Mystic
  • Veteran Infantry
  • Vicious Adept

A list of weapons that are now no longer available:

• Adept's Polesaber
  • Augur's Polesaber
  • Bulwark's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Bulwark's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Challenger's Lightsaber
  • Champion's Lightsaber
  • Commander's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Commander's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Commander's Rifle MK-1
  • Commander's Rifle MK-2
  • Conscript's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Conscript's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Conscript's Rifle MK-1
  • Conscript's Rifle MK-2
  • Deadeye's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Deadeye's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Defender's Lightsaber
  • Despot's Polesaber
  • Diplomat's Polesaber
  • Enforcer's Rifle MK-1
  • Enforcer's Rifle MK-2
  • Enforcer's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Enforcer's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Exarch's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Exarch's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Exarch's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Exarch's Blaster Pistol MK-2
  • Exarch's Lightsaber MK-2
  • Exarch's Polesaber MK-1
  • Exarch's Polesaber MK-2
  • Exarch's Rifle MK-1
  • Exarch's Rifle MK-2
  • Exarch's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Exarch's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Executioner's Lightsaber
  • Herald's Polesaber
  • Hermit's Polesaber
  • Hunter's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Hunter's Blaster Pistol MK-2
  • Instigator's Lightsaber
  • Lone-Wolf's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Lone-Wolf's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Mandalorian's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Mandalorian' Blaster Pistol MK-2
  • Mystic's Polesaber
  • Occultist's Polesaber MK-1
  • Opportunist's Rifle MK-1
  • Opportunist's Rifle MK-2
  • Overseer's Lightsaber
  • Praetorian's Lightsaber
  • Privateer's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Privateer's Blaster Pistol MK-2
  • Recon's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Recon's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Recon's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Recon's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Revanite's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Revanite's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Revanite's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Revanite's Blaster Pistol MK-2
  • Revanite's Lightsaber MK-1
  • Revanite's Lightsaber MK-2
  • Revanite's Polesaber MK-1
  • Revanite's Poilesaber MK-2
  • Revanite's Rifle MK-1
  • Revanite's Rifle MK-2
  • Revanite's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Revanite's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Rishi's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Rishi's Lightsaber MK-1
  • Rishi's Lightsaber MK-2
  • Rishi's Polesaber MK-1
  • Rishi's Polesaber MK-2
  • Rishi's Rifle MK-1
  • Rishi's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Sharpshooter's Sniper Rifle MK-1
  • Sharpshooter's Sniper Rifle MK-2
  • Underworld's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Veteran's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Veteran's Assault Cannon MK-2
  • Vigilante's Rifle MK-1
  • Vigilante's Rifle MK-2
  • Warden's Lightsaber
  • Zakuulan's Assault Cannon MK-1
  • Zakuulan's Blaster Pistol MK-1
  • Zakuulan's Assault Pistol MK-2
  • Zakuulan's Lightsaber MK-1
  • Zakuulan's Lightsaber MK-2
  • Zakuulan's Polesaber MK-1
  • Zakuulan's Polesaber MK-2
  • Zakuulan's Rifle MK-1
  • Zakuulan's Sniper Rifle MK-1

Edited by BenKatarn

For what it's worth, a lot of the unmoddable armor items now dropping randomly at max level share the appearances of the galactic command sets.

The problem with those is that they are automatically bound to legacy, meaning you can't get them from the GTN. Only what drops for you personally will be available to you.

Don’t forget the schematics for the Eternal Command and Gemini shells. I still think the Eternal Command Force Expert MK-14/15 appearance is the best set for Consulars that they have made so far. Edited by phalczen

Don’t forget the schematics for the Eternal Command and Gemini shells. I still think the Eternal Command Force Expert MK-14/15 appearance is the best set for Consulars that they have made so far.

I was looking forward to getting the schematics that never dropped for me. Hopefully they add them in a future update.

While I did see random gear drops of around item rating 276 appearing in the wild that sported the same appearance as those tiered Galactic Command shells, those that dropped had generic names and were unmoddable.

Most people these days will either be using newer shells with bonuses, or they already have lots of empty shells, so I can't see that those new ones, being unmoddable, is much of a problem..

The unmoddable gear can still be used in an outfit, if you really want the "look".

• 5 weeks later...
Add them as drops (stat-less, unbound and freely trade-able) on all the trash bosses in flashpoints (all difficulties) that currently have empty loot tables (e.g. the three shielding droids in D7, the dude with the punt and circle of death on the bridge in FE, the pig at the start of Ilum, etc). Edited by DawnAskham

For what it's worth, a lot of the armor items now dropping randomly at max level share the appearances of the galactic command sets.

I have been working on collecting those to document for TorFashion and there are two issues.

1. Of the 32 outfits from Galactic Command, only 8 have reskings in 6.0. Now I'm only at iLevel 288, so perhaps there is a new batch that I haven't seen yet, but I will be highly surprised if the remaining 24 are left for me to find. I haven't started working on weapons yet, but from what I've seen there are very few styles represented.

2. Since they can't be bought or sold on the GTN is is very hard to put together a complete set.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anything been done to add these sets into the game by now? I really am missing a lot of them and it's impossible these days to get a full set of one of them from the GTN. Either some pieces of the armor simply never show up or when they do, they go for absolutely insanely ridiculous prices. Is there a vendor that sells these armor sets now?

Has anything been done to add these sets into the game by now? I really am missing a lot of them and it's impossible these days to get a full set of one of them from the GTN. Either some pieces of the armor simply never show up or when they do, they go for absolutely insanely ridiculous prices. Is there a vendor that sells these armor sets now?

Nope. Nothing has changed. Most of them (90%) are still gone.

Nope. Nothing has changed. Most of them (90%) are still gone.

I keep hearing from people that you can obtain them from some vendor on the fleet, but I cannot seem to find this vendor. True, you have the pets and the mounts vendor in the Supplies are but any armor vendor that sells these cosmetic sets is nowhere to be found.

I also was told that these armor sets can drop from heroic crates. Can someone confirm this?

I keep hearing from people that you can obtain them from some vendor on the fleet, but I cannot seem to find this vendor. True, you have the pets and the mounts vendor in the Supplies are but any armor vendor that sells these cosmetic sets is nowhere to be found.

Correct, because the vendor does not exist(1). Anyone who says that it does is wrong.

I also was told that these armor sets can drop from heroic crates. Can someone confirm this?

I can confirm that anyone who says that is wrong.

(1) This may change in the future, but as I write this, the vendor does not exist.

Correct, because the vendor does not exist(1). Anyone who says that it does is wrong.

I can confirm that anyone who says that is wrong.

(1) This may change in the future, but as I write this, the vendor does not exist.

Thank you for both answers! Funnily enough it was one of the Bioware Influencers that told me there was a vendor and that the sets dropped from the heroic crates. I checked both on the fleet and the heroic crates crates however and indeed there is neither a vendor nor do these armor sets drop from the crates.

In that case I turn to the devs: introduce a vendor to the Fleet where all the armor sets mentioned in the OP and elsewhere in this thread become available again. There's so many fantastic sets that are otherwise largely unavailable because Command Crates no longer exist. Please, either make a vendor that sells these cosmetic sets or make them drop from something again, like the heroic crates or the Renown crates.

Edited by Ylliarus

Since my job disappeared thanks to Covid-19 I decided to re-up my sub despite Bioware continuing to ignore the fact that Ossus still resets story flags screwing up character's stories.

Anywho...I looted my first purple static i286 piece of gear. Does anyone know anything about this tier? Do you have to be close to ilvl 306 to loot it? Is it just incredibly rare or was it stealthily added in recently?

Since my job disappeared thanks to Covid-19 I decided to re-up my sub despite Bioware continuing to ignore the fact that Ossus still resets story flags screwing up character's stories.

Anywho...I looted my first purple static i286 piece of gear. Does anyone know anything about this tier? Do you have to be close to ilvl 306 to loot it? Is it just incredibly rare or was it stealthily added in recently?

gear drops for bosses are generally in the range of -4 to +2 of the item rating you are at. trash drops tend to be much lower, and may even be capped (or floored) depending on content typ*

this and the fact that veterans edge buf is directly tied to worn item rating average leads to the prefered gearing method being "equio whatever has the higher irating, regardless of stats, until 306" since those stats whill make only a nominal difference compared to the buff.

*as an example, SM FPs drop items well below my current 306 gear rating, even from bosses, all the way down to 270)

gear drops for bosses are generally in the range of -4 to +2 of the item rating you are at. trash drops tend to be much lower, and may even be capped (or floored) depending on content typ*

this and the fact that veterans edge buf is directly tied to worn item rating average leads to the prefered gearing method being "equio whatever has the higher irating, regardless of stats, until 306" since those stats whill make only a nominal difference compared to the buff.

*as an example, SM FPs drop items well below my current 306 gear rating, even from bosses, all the way down to 270)

Apparently I didn't express this right.

We've been specifically talking about the 6.0 gear sets that are visually identical to Galactic Command gear sets, but static rather than modable. They can come from world drops & Treasure Hunting boxes. There are 4 styles of the green "premium" sets which are ilvl 270-274. There are 4 styles of the blue "prototype" sets which are ilvl 276. Up until 2 days ago I had not seen a single purple "artifact" style at all. The piece I got is ilvl 286. I assume there are 4 styles of this purple "artifact" tier.

Onderonian & Sha'tek are also world drop sets, but they are modifiable and have completely different ilvl ranges. They are stylistically new and are not what we are discussing here. We are not discussing the sets with set bonuses either. Just the static (un-modalbe) gear sets.

So what I'm try to find out is specifically about purple "artifact" static world drops. I took a long time gearing because the content I like to play absolutely sucks for gearing. I did not get a single purple static drop until I finally started getting ilvl 306 gear equipped. Is this because the purple "artifact" tier was only recently added? Or is it tied to my iLvl but very rare? Have other people been getting static purple drops all along or only just recently? Are the ilvls they are seeing for this tier just ilvl 286, or is it a range like the premium tier? Again, I'm not talking about Onderonian or Sha'tek sets, just the static sets.

I've never seen trash drops above 276, but I haven't played Ops or (most(1)) Vet+ FPs since 6.0 dropped. That said, even yellow-name ambient trash can drop 276.

(1) Do Vet BT and SLS count? But I've only ever seen "scales up with you" drops (i.e. above 276) from their bosses. The Vet BT/SLS trash drops are worthless once you get a character past 276.

Apparently I didn't express this right.

my bad, I misunderstood the assumption there.

So what I'm try to find out is specifically about purple "artifact" static world drops. I took a long time gearing because the content I like to play absolutely sucks for gearing. I did not get a single purple static drop until I finally started getting ilvl 306 gear equipped. Is this because the purple "artifact" tier was only recently added? Or is it tied to my iLvl but very rare? Have other people been getting static purple drops all along or only just recently? Are the ilvls they are seeing for this tier just ilvl 286, or is it a range like the premium tier? Again, I'm not talking about Onderonian or Sha'tek sets, just the static sets.

AFAIK the 280-ish appearance variants for those gear have been around for the entire time, but they may be seeded in the drop tables differently depending on content... I wasn't paying much attention to it when I was originally gearing. I want to say a saw some of it dropping from bosses in SM FP (I was farming for decos this last week, and saw a high proportion of under-leveled drops, including in that range)