Healer Ranking for Solo Ranked?

alibenali

Hey,

as a returning player and long time healer in every MMO I play I was wondering what the current meta is for solo ranked healers?

If I understand your question correctly, the best healer right now are commandos/mercenaries. Operatives are also good but have a steeper learning curve.

Honestly, good luck if you intend to climb the ranks in solo as heals. Currently DPS is king so you're more reliant on your team than ever before.

Having played mostly three healers from second expansion up until fourth expansion, and now play them randomly I can say the following. Last I played in ranked with my Sage Seer was in Season 11 which was my main from 1.0 to 5.8 more or less.

Commandos/Mercenaries are current best PVP healers, there DCD are very strong (self healing and reflect) and are also very mobile with the heal-move tactical.

Scoundrel/Operatives is best HPS healer since 5.0. HPS wise they are the best of the trio, doing 10% more to the other two classes. They also have good escape routes, but do suffer burst situations. Off my mind I think they only have one real burst heal. Scoundrel healing is all about Hots, so half the game is all about looking at Hot mark in buff.

Sage/Sorcerer would still be second best heal in PvP and ranked situations. They have a couple burst heals, and are also very mobile. What you have to learn in this class and what can screw you is energy management, which in those burst situations does get depleted fast.

Edited by limenutpen

When it comes to healers it works like this:

First question is: are there consistently pops with tanks or not? If there are tanks: Operative and Merc are strongest, Sorc is weakest (but still viable).

If there are no tanks you need facecheck if you as a healer are generally focus target, or CC target.

If you're focus target: Merc is strongest, Sorc is good, Operative is weakest.

If you're CC target: Sorc is strongest by far (because 2 CC breakers), Merc and Operative only have 1 CC breaker. I would still say that Merc is overall stronger than Operative there, because Merc has tools like Hydraulic Overdrive and knockback.

While Operative has the highest HPS potential, most of the time in Healer/DPS games only 1 target will be damaged at a time, negating that factor. In general Operative is considered to be harder to play than Sorc and Merc, or it will at least take a lot more practise in regs before you can take it into Ranked. So as a beginner or returning player Merc is probably the way to go right now, but Sorc is not far off.

• 2 weeks later...