"unknown effect"

Skyrill

Hello

talking about the gunslinger pvp

Gunslinger wasn't designed for pvp, i am now sure about it, why?

Well, reading the forums gives you a lot of reasons, but 2 are missing :

- in warzones, in a fight, you need to take cover fast, you click and... "unknow effect". The précious time you loose to realize why you cant just take cover and use your skills ==> combat lost.

- in warzones, specially in huttball and voidstar, you want to use your bump to kill people with acid, fire or throwing them off the bridge : blinding grenade + you go at the place that seem to be good to do it and click on take cover... and you see your character rolling meters away to take a cover that is not at all the one you wanted... often at the worst place that could be... time lost, combat lost...

sorry for my english

Hello

talking about the gunslinger pvp

Gunslinger wasn't designed for pvp, i am now sure about it, why?

Well, reading the forums gives you a lot of reasons, but 2 are missing :

- in warzones, in a fight, you need to take cover fast, you click and... "unknow effect". The précious time you loose to realize why you cant just take cover and use your skills ==> combat lost.

- in warzones, specially in huttball and voidstar, you want to use your bump to kill people with acid, fire or throwing them off the bridge : blinding grenade + you go at the place that seem to be good to do it and click on take cover... and you see your character rolling meters away to take a cover that is not at all the one you wanted... often at the worst place that could be... time lost, combat lost...

sorry for my english

First yellow: happens on spots where taking cover is not possible, usually on slopes/edges of walkways/acid pools. After a while you will know the spots and avoid them but yeah, it sucks and hopefully will be fixed in the future.

Second yellow: Go into options, and exchange the keybinds between 'take cover'(originally F) and 'take cover in place'(originally shift-F). That way pressing F will drop you into cover right where you are standing. You still have option to roll into a distant cover if you wanted to for some reason by they way of shift-F.

Alternatively, you can put 'crouch' ability on your quickbar and bind the F key to that slot(this is the way i do it).

i always shift + f for cover in warzones. The only time i ever use natural cover is when im in front of natural cover for it to be usefull. Learn to use take cover and just cover. I keybined my take cover with f and shif + f for just cover in place.

This will help in warzones a lot which a lot of people don't do which i assume is the main cause of cover sucks in pvp argument