Is the story of JK worthy for utter loyalist of the Empire?

TGaP_Andrey

So, da title explains almost everything. U'r probably gonna laugh, but I'm on the Empire side (in gaming) almost from my childhood right along starting from Battlefront series. And in The Old Republic, which I've been playing for two years already, I have only imperial chars. Now, when we have awesome 12xXP-boost, I'm thinking about trying into the MAIN story of the game, which many of players consider story of Jedi Knight.

Now i'm on Taris and... Well, I already feel myself very confused. Almost ten years i've been looking on the Jedi and Republic as my worst enemies, which must be eliminated without questions. And now i'm on THEIR side, listening that bulls**t about "U MUST SERVE DA REPUBLIC" from republic generals, about "There is no emotion" etc, and something like "Woo-hoo, we've just kicked asses of that Sith scum, fck yeah! DO U PLEASED ABOUT IT, HUH, MATE?! YEAH U MUST TELL THAT BECAUSE U R PLAYING FOR THE REPUBLIC, MATE ", watching that annoying Kira with her annoying speeches, rmararrgh!

So tell me, pals, is the story of Jedi Knight reallly good and useful? Or i can delete char with clear conscience?:rak_02:

Edited by TGaP_Andrey

It's a game. Ease off there, champ. ;)

Shhh! We need him as cannon fodder- What, who said that?!?

Just kidding, of course. :p

I do agree that the Republic Storyline contains waaaay too much "We're the good guys! Whoop whoop!" nonsense. I prefer the quiet satisfaction that comes with being an Imperial. We're not excessive, we're just... smug. We just steeple our fingers and chuckle a little.

It's boring to unthinkingly pick light or dark in any story. The knight has excellent opportunities to make a complex character who's torn between a ddesire to be a good djedi and a desire to win. While some of the ds choices are merely ******e-in-space, and best avoided unless that's what you're playing, some are far more logical than the ls choices. IMO, if the knight is allowed to be human, it's a very good story. It's also important lore-wise

If you can't find the perspective to distance yourself from your "f yeah Empire!!!1!!' to roleplay a character. in a game. within the Republic, then yes, by all means, delete the toon. You'll be missing out on an interesting story with ramifications for the Empire, but I'm not sure with the mindset you project you'd be able to appreciate it.

Umm, well I don't know about all that but there are things that happen in JK that you will want to see and playing through it is a lot more fun than reading about it on Wikipedia.

Whether some of the stuff that happens in JK will be relevant to future expansions/flashpoints/operations remains to be seen I suppose but it is fairly big for shedding light on how the Empire functions and answers a bunch of questions that were floating around after the end of the two KOTOR games.

Yes because without the JK

All life including all the sith would be destroyed by the emperor. Being loyal to the empire is one thing, but being loyal to someone who wants to kill you is questionable.

The same thing could be said for a republic loyalist to find the imperial agent worthy

because the agent is fighting an enemy that against both the empire and republic.