3.0 Theorizing: The Dark Tower, Lost & Revless

Darth_Wicked

WARNING:

In this thread, I'll be referencing events from the Forged Alliances storyline, as well as from the Sith Warrior, Jedi Prisoner, Call to Arms and the Revanites' story on Dromund Kaas.

In addition, I'll also bring up the Dark Tower book series and the Lost TV series.

Assuming you are fine with that, read on please.

- - - -

GOAL OF THIS THREAD:

To theorize on the Revanites' ultimate plan, plus the purpose of Revan's Temple of Sacrifice. To that effect, I will try to establish a comparison between them and other works of fiction.

- - - -

PREVIOUS THREADS:

"A Deadly Force Returns" Visual Hints ( A light description on an element that stood out from that teaser )

Revan, 3.0 & the Infinite Empire ( Revan's link to the Rakatan Infinite Empire )

Revan, 3.0 & the Infinite Empire ( Part II ) ( In-depth analysis of the teaser, plus my interpretation of it )

The Sith Emperor: 3.0 & What Came Before ( Lord Vitiate's origins, relations and goals )

SoR Announcement Trailer -- Step By Step Analysis ( Visual analysis of the trailer, plus hypothetical allusions )

First Look Into Raider's Cove? ( Rishi ) ( Aye, matey! Shiver me timbers! Scallywags be here! )

- - - -

THE DARK TOWER

Also known as the Red Daddy, Red King or Lord of Discordia -- among other names -- the Crimson King is the ultimate evil in the Dark Tower series, his goal to bring down the Dark Tower.

You may be asking yourself: What is the Dark Tower?

The Dark Tower is the center of Creation and the crossroad between many words, including the one where the series take place. It was created by the Great Old Ones, an advanced race whose might and genius was beyond parallel, before they disappeared.

Were the Dark Tower to collapse, life as we know it would come to an end, and the Crimson King -- assuming he'd survive the cataclysm -- would reshape existence at will, bringing about Discordia.

You see, as this one character pointed out once, it's all about size:

The greatest mystery the universe offers is not life but size. Size encompasses life, and the Tower encompasses size. The child, who is most at home with wonder, says: Daddy, what is above the sky? And the father says: The darkness of space. The child: What is beyond space? The father: The galaxy. The child: Beyond the galaxy? The father: Another galaxy.

The child: Beyond the other galaxies? The father: No one knows.

- - - -

Size, Gunslinger… size.

The above is taken from the first novel in the Dark Tower series -- aptly called "The Gunslinger" -- and it is one of its finest moments.

It concerns an exchange between two characters:

Roland Deschain, protagonist of the series, whose sole goal in life is reaching and ascending the Dark Tower, and Walter O'Dim -- the Man in Black -- Roland's quarry in the novel and a servant to the Crimson King, the latter briefly alluded to; he's also a powerful Dark Magic practitioner.

Seeing I do not wish to spoil the series any further, I'll stop here and jump onto the next stage of this thread.

- - - -

THE MAN IN BLACK ( LOST TV SERIES )

First seen during season five of Lost, this Man in Black is also a powerful figure, just like Walter O'Dim himself. During the first four seasons, he is known as the "Smoke Monster", a nigh unstoppable force who haunts the survivors of the Oceanic Flight 815 crash, while implying he's far more than meets the eye.

As the series progress, in addition to his "Smoke Monster" form, it is revealed he can also assume the forms of those long or recently deceased, including retain their memories.

For all his power though, the Man in Black is trapped, unable to escape his eons-long prison, his Jailer adamant in keeping him where he belongs.

The reason?

Imagine that this wine is what you keep calling Hell.

There are other names for it: Malevolence. Evil. Darkness. And it's all down here, swirling at the bottom. Unable to get out, because if it did it would spread.

Now, the cork is this Island. And it's the only thing keeping the Darkness where it belongs.

I'll fast-forward now and get to the gist of it:

As part of his plan to kill his Jailer and escape the Island, the Man in Black -- throughout most of season five -- assumes the form of a character who died recently, and starts manipulating other people to do his bidding. Consequentially, the Jailer is murdered and his emancipation is close at hand.

- - - -

Did the above struck a chord? If it did, keep reading please. ;)

- - - -

AND THEY HAVE A PLAN

Jedi Consular: Colonel, you're not a fool -- You can see your tactical situation just as well as me. Drop your weapon, and get your Sith friend to do the same.

Colonel Darok: Tactics mean nothing. The plan has been formed over countless decades. You cannot outmaneuver it.

This is to me, by leaps and bounds, the most enigmatic exchange in the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint; as far I'm aware, it is ONLY available for Consulars, assuming they pick the right option off the conversation wheel.

Seeing that Revan spent three hundred years in stasis, as a prisoner to the Sith Emperor, it is highly unlikely he's the one who came up with the Plan -- not to mention spend countless decades perusing it.

In addition, assuming you don't sell out the Revanites on Dromund Kaas, there's also this mail:

You have done a great service for us, but the restoration of Revan's mask to us is greater still. I fear, however, that it cannot remain in our hands indefinitely. The mask of Revan has a higher purpose to fulfill.

Truth be told, most of us assumed the above was to be a reference to

and not much else.

However, what if it was meant to be something more? Something, somehow connected to

:eek:

Revan came to Dromund Kaas after being reborn. Some believe Revan died at the hands of our Emperor. I believe otherwise.

I believe Revan overthrew the Emperor and has sat secretly on the throne for three centuries. Aside from our order, only the Dark Council knows the truth.

Sith Inquisitor: You really think Revan replaced the Emperor?

The Master: I do. It's the only way the puzzle pieces fit.

I have heard whispers in the Citadel. For decades, the Emperor has been in seclusion; The Dark Council no longer speaks with him.

The only explanation is this: The Dark Council betrayed their leader and locked Emperor Revan away, seizing power for themselves. They seek to silence us because we know.

Maybe those are the very first allusions to the Plan? The one Darok talks about? :eek:

Tin foil hat aside, most of the above is easy to debunk, starting with the Master's

If Darok is to be believed and the Plan is as "old" as he claims, this Master -- namely Tari Darkspanner -- was nothing more than a ruse, a decoy to keep the upper echelons of the Revanites safe from harm.

Plus, when confronted by the Sith Warrior on Manaan, concerning his betrayal, Arkous says this:

Come now, Wrath. We both know the state the Emperor is in. There's hardly an Empire to betray.

In other words, it doesn't look like the Revanites are mistaking Revan for the Emperor or vice-versa nowadays. Plus, by their own admission, the guys at Bioware didn't think that far ahead. :p

Still, assuming Darok was being truthful, fact remains that a Plan was "formed over countless decades." Yet again, Revan's input -- given his precarious condition for three hundred years -- is questionable at best.

It may also mean that the Order of Revan is far older than originally estimated.

- - - -

REVAN'S TEMPLE OF SACRIFICE

First seen during the

, not much has been revealed about it.

Located on Yavin 4, it was probably built by the Massassi, most likely following yet another enslavement of the species, this time by the Revanites; judging from Darok's earlier claim of a decades-old Plan, it is fair to assume the Revanites oversaw its construction -- ever mindful of the aforementioned Plan -- "over countless decades."

Its most puzzling element is the tower on the top, which has a huge energy beam running through it. Through a hole in the tower, one can see a spherical device, by which the energy beam also runs through; it can be assumed it is part of a larger device powering the beam or stabilizing it. Judging from the darkened sky -- plus the crackling tangles of lightning -- the energy output must be massive.

Maybe as massive as

Czerka had Tatooinian artifacts they claimed were "the find of the millennium" -- mystery devices with the energy throughput of a sun...

The above is a reference to the Rakatan devices of old, more specifically pertaining the Imprisoned One on Tatooine. Perhaps the Revanites looked somewhere else first, before deciding to raid both Korriban and Tython? Maybe that sphere is from Rakatan origin?

Better yet, why would anyone require "devices with the energy throughput of a sun?"

In the midst of the ongoing war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic, a long-hidden sect of extremists has emerged, led by the enigmatic former hero of the Jedi Civil War - Revan. These “Revanites” are mustering an army with an apocalyptic plan that will leave the Republic and the Empire in ashes.

Which leads me to the finale of this thread. :p

- - - -

HYPOTHESES

• REVAN IS REVAN, A MINION OF THE SITH EMPEROR ONCE MORE

Walter O'Dim serves the Crimson King in "The Gunslinger",
for whatever reason. Revan's Temple of Sacrifice -- assuming it has the energy throughput of a sun -- was designed to torch everything,
and bringing tranquility to the galaxy.

• REVAN IS REVAN, AND WANTS TO DESTROY -- ALMOST -- EVERYTHING

Like the
Man in Black from Lost, Revan believes both Republic and Empire care only to fight one another, corrupting everything and everyone in the process. As such, he seeks to selectively torch both galactic powers, thus saving the galaxy on the long-run; how he aims to do this, while NOT fulfilling the Emperor's plan, is unknown.

• REVAN DIED AT THE FOUNDRY AND THIS MAN IS AN IMPOSTOR

Like the Man in Black from Lost, this being -- I call it Revless -- is posing as Revan, supported by the Revanites' upper echelons.

Seeing both Republic and Empire played a role in the demise of the TRUE Revan, the Revanites now wish to make them pay; they will accomplish this by enacting their decades-old Plan, specifically by torching both factions, if not the ENTIRE galaxy. Who or what Revless is exactly is uncertain.

• REVAN DIED AT THE FOUNDRY AND THIS MAN IS AN IMPOSTOR (V-2)

Fairly similar to the previous theory, but instead of being in cahoots with the Revanites' leadership, Revless is posing as Revan and taking advantage of whatever the Order of Revan is providing him with. Whether he seeks emancipation for himself or is in service of some other master -- like the Sith Emperor -- is unknown.

• THE WRENCHED REVAN

Forfeit his balance in the Force, following his defeat at the Foundry, Revan fell once again to the dark side, thus bringing to the surface his darker persona yet. Akin to Jekyll and Hyde, the latter took over Revan completely. His plans may NOT be what the Revanites think; whether he can be redeemed or reasoned with is uncertain.

• REVAN IS SIMPLY BEING... REVAN

Like the three hundred year-old
Roland Deschain, perhaps Revan is seeking a semblance of redemption, by hoping to
centuries ago. As we know, considering
and
, the ends ALWAYS justified the means to Revan.

Revan's Temple of Sacrifice, by hoping to "leave the Republic and the Empire in ashes," may give the galaxy an opportunity to start anew.

Tabula rasa.

- - - -

And that's it.

Assuming you read everything up to this point, I hope you enjoyed it. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Nice read. But i really hope Revan doesn't server the Emperor, he should act on his own. I hope that if:

Revan is redeemable, he should die a heroic death.

Revan is unredeemable, he should die a cool death, but not disgraceful like, for example, Thanaton.

But, although we don't know the whole story of SoR, i think the light side ending of KOTOR was pointless. Revan should've stayed on the Dark Side and use the Star Forge to destroy Vitiate and his Sith Empire. Just my opinion, though there's probably a reason why Revan was corrupted by the Dark Side once more. :)

Nice read. But i really hope Revan doesn't server the Emperor, he should act on his own.

Quite honestly, me neither.

It is even possible they could make it sound right but even so, he played the Emperor's minion -- one way or another -- one time too many.

I hope that if:

Revan is redeemable, he should die a heroic death.

Revan is unredeemable, he should die a cool death, but not disgraceful like, for example, Thanaton.

I have a dream...

And that dream is seeing the Emperor laughing his backside out, after Revan realizes he has failed to achieve his objective yet again. :D

I kid, I kid. :cool:

But, although we don't know the whole story of SoR, i think the light side ending of KOTOR was pointless. Revan should've stayed on the Dark Side and use the Star Forge to destroy Vitiate and his Sith Empire. Just my opinion, though there's probably a reason why Revan was corrupted by the Dark Side once more. :)

I believe claiming he fell may be a matter of perspective. He was dark enough by the time the Mandalorian Wars came to a close but as far as embracing the dark side is concern, that only came to pass after he encountered the Emperor on DK.

December can't come soon enough. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked