Do I just suck?

Zoszia

I've always played DPS ... but I want to get into tank or healing. So I flip my alacrity Operative to Medicine ... I can't keep Malgus alive in the Ossus storyline. My gear isn't trash, but it shouldn't really be the barrier anyways.

So general question. Do people level up being a healer and letting comps tank/DPS? Doesn't seem to be my thing ... or I just suck!

Please tell me if you have similar experiences. I will just flip back to DPS, level up and build a healer once I get there.

I've always played DPS ... but I want to get into tank or healing. So I flip my alacrity Operative to Medicine ... I can't keep Malgus alive in the Ossus storyline. My gear isn't trash, but it shouldn't really be the barrier anyways.

So general question. Do people level up being a healer and letting comps tank/DPS? Doesn't seem to be my thing ... or I just suck!

Please tell me if you have similar experiences. I will just flip back to DPS, level up and build a healer once I get there.

Yeah on my healers if I solo with them I use a DPS comp and have found that pretty easy. It's not the fastest though. I actually rather use DPS too if i want to clear stuff solo. I like having a DPS with a DPS comp out if possible.

I love healer class, the only healer I don't have is the Smuggler one . I just didn't like that one . Found Commando healer a bit of a pain, but was still fun. The Operative healer is also fun but I sucked at it till I did a heroic with some guy and he taught me how to play it (Thnx stranger), but my favorite is Sorc and JC healer !

I played Onslaught on both my healer and the biggest issue was the BUG . On Imp, Malgus just get stuck at the door and won't move lol and on Repb side, Tau just freeze during a fight and won't attack, then once the battle end..she move..then freeze again...then move ..etc .

Tank , DPS and Healer don't play the same way . Healer (at least back in the day when we had a role), is to heal . We are a support class, we save our yellow bar to heal the Tank during heroic , we heal our Tank companion so he can do his job...

If you love dps and go and focus on just doing damage and not healing...well...may as well just keep going DPS .

I suggest you do some heroic, and get a good feel to it, learn how to play it . And really, if in the end..it just doesnt feel right to you ? Thats okay . I have 27 toons, I've got pretty much one or 3 of each and alot of duplicate .

I can play all of them, but healer fit me better . I'm confortable with them, where I find Tank a bit of too much click click click...and DPS are squichy....but I still like them.

Some peoples feel confy no matter what class they are, some are just confy with that X class . Practise is your best teacher! Just keep at it! ;)

I am healer. I use dps companion when leveling or completing story chapters. Which part of story are you having a problem? Maybe, more specific tips would help there.

In general:

Make sure you are cleansing any debuffs.

Help by dps'ing when companion is not taking a lot of damage.

Use any aggro dropping tool, defensice cd's, and or cc you you have on mobs attacking you, because companion will die if you are busy trying to save yourself.

Make sure you put defensive heals on him before he pulls. This will give you more time to get off any big heal, and/or delay your first hard cast heals so as not to draw aggro onto yourself.