Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball worst warzone ever!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball worst warzone ever!

Reefguy
12.23.2011 , 10:07 PM | #21
I can't believe ppl dislike huttball. It was an amazing idea and it's great fun. Give ppl time to learn its mechanics and strategy. Some ppl learn slower then others. Give it a few weeks before you really judge it. I for one absolutely love it!

Jooji
12.23.2011 , 10:10 PM | #22
This warzone is broken because of knockbacks. Other than that I really enjoy it. And holy god they need to let us choose our wz. I'll gladly take a 5 minute longer Q to play alderan over huttball.

MaverickXIV
12.23.2011 , 10:10 PM | #23
Every time I leap up onto the opposing team's platform and score out of nowhere, I get a special feeling inside.

Scerion
12.23.2011 , 10:29 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Warcrimez View Post
Great. Now WoW comes into the conversation. Some of the melee classes can get up to 3 charges/leaps in THIS game, you know that game's forums your on. That combined with force choke and force push while wearing heavy armor makes me not even care about any ranged character.

I have no problem with a ranged class sitting on the 3rd tier shooting me. He isn't doing anything good for his team and he probably won't be able to kill me before I force charge back into his grill or get out of range.

Ranged classes do not have any significant advantage in Hutt Ball. Learn to play your class.
I play a Sith Assassin:

Light armor - so that's one of your points void
No force leap - another point void
No force choke - another point void
Force push - yes - but as I said it's practically useless unless you're guarding the ball carrier since you're just giving the ranged class more range - pretty stupid as a melee.
"Learn to play" - nice to see someone rant about a WoW refernce, then use a term seen in just about every thread in every WoW forum. Kids say it when they can't think of an argument.

You're obviously new to pvp, that's why you don't understand that creating a multilevel terrain gives a huge advantage to classes that can attack between the levels vs the classes that can only attack people on the same level as themselves. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but keep at it. I have faith in you.

Anyway good luck with your learning. I won't be reading your response, but I know I have such control over you that you will be compelled to respond - haha. Now do my bidding!

Jooji
12.23.2011 , 10:51 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Scerion View Post
I play a Sith Assassin:

Light armor - so that's one of your points void
No force leap - another point void
No force choke - another point void
Force push - yes - but as I said it's practically useless unless you're guarding the ball carrier since you're just giving the ranged class more range - pretty stupid as a melee.
"Learn to play" - nice to see someone rant about a WoW refernce, then use a term seen in just about every thread in every WoW forum. Kids say it when they can't think of an argument.

You're obviously new to pvp, that's why you don't understand that creating a multilevel terrain gives a huge advantage to classes that can attack between the levels vs the classes that can only attack people on the same level as themselves. I know it's a difficult concept to grasp, but keep at it. I have faith in you.

Anyway good luck with your learning. I won't be reading your response, but I know I have such control over you that you will be compelled to respond - haha. Now do my bidding!
Agreed. It's broken as **** that my AC doesnt have a leap, knockback, or pull...and these 3 abilities are all op in huttball.

Malaix
12.24.2011 , 03:22 AM | #26
I dislike huttball personally. Operatives are pretty dam useless in it. I'm speaking of the stabbing variety.

Knifewrench
12.24.2011 , 03:49 AM | #27
I have fun with this BG... being a Sith Assassin :O I just hate it when my teammates ignore the enemy carrier or they have the ball and don't know where to go.

TL;DR: My teammates = http://youtu.be/AjGs5wkYUcE

Strangewayes
12.24.2011 , 03:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by PBSkrilla View Post
Nobody passes, nobody guards, nobody heals/or healss aren't enough. the fire things pop up too fast. The fact that I get this warzone EVERY SINGLE TIME, i hate queing for warzones.
Stop rolling a DPS class then.
Strangewayes
Radiant Knights

swtor.radiantknights.co.uk

Trimag
12.24.2011 , 04:01 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by BawssMcgee View Post
Should be rephrased to "People don't know how to play simple pvp mechanics"

Huttball is the most enjoyable for me if I play with one or two friends. All it takes is a little coordination.
This the game is fun if folks actually understand how to play. If you are not gonna pass the ball then allow others that do the chance to win one for the team. Play defense. I know I bite at passing, so I run point or defense and allow others who can run the ball do so.

EricKazuma
12.24.2011 , 04:01 AM | #30
I've noticed that mostly all the people without a Avatar are complaining about Huttball while the ones with avatars like it. I myself like the game even if my team loses, as said above just takes some practice and a team that passes. I roll a healer and always drop heals down on people who need them. The skill that helps a lot in this game mode is force sprint, just pass the pall to the person and they force sprint out of the fight and to the enemies side.