Hood On/Off Toggle?

Morniel

I just noticed that the ONE jedi-outfit (more acurately, the Sith Outfit) listed in the cartel store with it's hood down, the Destroyer set, costs 1200 Cartel Points.....

that's almost every coin I'm going to get for being subscribed for the past year.....for an outfit?

I've decided that they're doing this on purpose. They HAVE to be.....there's no way that they're completely unaware of the lack of hood-down for the JK. And instead of giving the players what this 1,000 post, 100,000 view, 12-month old post that's never left the first page of the forums has been asking for, they're going to charge a rediculous amount for the one and only item that does it....

It's a joke to them, it's GOT to be......and if it's not, they have turned into the most greedy and opportunistic game developers.....

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This outfit looks crap. There are Sith tattoo-like (no Jedi should wear it!) patterns on the robe and the yellow accents on the armorings are ridiculous. And its level is way too high!

This is not a band-aid. It costs about 10 euro, too... -_- Instead of adding funny recolours they SHOULD put at least one armor set from the character progression video.

Also - the red-robed armor is already available in game. I wonder who's gonna buy it for real cash.

I bet everyone was 100% sure that the first wave of cartel shop armor will be the stuff worn by NPCs, which was requested by players in the thread even Bioware responded to. I feel trolled - not only none of the requested armor is there but the armor on the cash shop are just awfuly bad recolours of already available stuff. Is recolouring less work than putting npc-worn armor into the cash shop? They have all the assets and art already, don' t they? If hood toggle is so hard to work on I bet putting two variants with hood up/hood down for every robed chestpiece would take much less time and leave everyone happy.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

:)I bet putting a hood-down armor is as much effort (or even less) than making a ridiculous, "naked" chestpiece...

New finding:

This from the new Companions 101 featuring Kira Carsen and our Jedi... Do you think hood up really fits such moments? :)

http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/cb/2012_thumbs/companions_101/kira/kira_romance_854x480.jpg

lololololol

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Rubbish! Most of consular robes have hoods up...

As a synthweaver and a Consular most of the armor sets have no hoods. If you're referring to orange items, yes some have hoods up but even the high level gear, excluding pvp, have hoods down. So, no it's not rubbish. You just don't know what you're talking about.

I can back it with screenies anytime... I've done my research. And I speak of models, not the number of reskins and recolours (and there is a lot of them).

Edit: just been to GTN, there is LOTS of hood up armor... Add PvE and PvP sets to this.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

What I find so sad about the hood thing in this game is that the Jedi Knight page for this game shows mostly screenshots of a Jedi with the hood down. Even the character creation screen is a lie in itself.

When I first logged on this game and started creating my JK, I instantly felt good knowing that I would probably some day in the near future get a cool looking armor like that with the hood down.... I am actually amazed why this has not been adressed yet, I just can't understand why it is so hard for Bioware to add a armor like that to some vendore or something.

For some reason they decided to give better looks to NPCs than players...

This is actually done often in MMOs for some reason, so many games I have walked around and viewed NPCs with much, much better looking gear than any player has. It is really annoying. But SWTOR is the only game I have been this annoyed by how my character looks, but I think it has lots to do with the fact that hooded armor has ruined lots of cutscenes in this game.

I too would be eternally grateful for a hood toggle. I've been using the same armor for my Knight since the beginning of the game (customizable) because frankly, all the other armor looks awful with the hood up on this particular character of mine.

I am passing on playing Guardian since December until I get the toggle...

Here is what I love .. this Thread has more posts then ANY other thread on the forums. Period. AND NOT ONE GD RESPONSE BY DEVS?!?!?! Go figure. Pathetic and lazy.

I'm not going to dig them up but there are yellow responses to this subject (not sure if they're in the thread somewhere or not). I think there have even been fairly recent dev comments if I'm not mistaken (I may be). They just haven't told us what we want to hear (hard patch #/date) so its easy to forget/ignore.

Edited by Savej

Hood+mask combo is on the way. It's on PTS where a lot of masks got adjusted to not remove hoods.

And yes to the statement that Imps want hood up and pubs hoods down... You know that the thing you want most is the one you don't have. However the Imperials are more 50/50 in terms of hood up/down stuff being available. Pubs aren't so lucky.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I have been playing since day one and i have rolled several classes to 50 and the one i want to do the most is jedi knight but i refuse to wear a hood. Not a single jedi ever wore a hood except obi-wan in the desert for 5 seconds, luke walking into jabba's (again coming from the desert) for a few minutes and Anikan once he was sith. In all the promotional pics for this game the jedi do not wear hoods and this thread has several links to that. Having a hood up is not how i or most people envision a jedi.

Ii noticed in the promotional pic for 1.5, HK-47 standing next to a jedi knight in the jedi battlelord armor with the hood down. I assume they are telling us by that pic that the hood toggle will be a feature, because if they don't like the hood being up in their promotional pictures, then they should know that we dont like it either.

The way my character looks is very important to the way i play the game, and in a game based on cut-scenes and story, it is even more important. This picture of HK better not be another lie.

It's not on pts and they said it's not gonna come in the short future... But 1.5 is not coming in a very short future either ;)

I am pretty cynical but I wonder if they are gonna sell as many vile eliminator and destroyer chestguards as they can for real cash before giving us that toggle. And maybe even selling another round of the robes we REALLY want (that dominate the moddable clothing poll) before giving us our wish. The ironic thing is that once I can take the hood down, I like almost ALL the JK robe designs.

Edited by JohnRoy

Maybe they don't want to add the hood toggle, because then people will not buy stuff from the cartel store as the robe models allready in game would actually be good looking. The armor I got now, the Jedi Battlelord set would be awesome with the hood down, as it is the same armor as in the character creation screen, only green. It is actually even cooler as it is almost the same armor Master Zallow has in the Sith intro... I will never understand why they made the decision to have all JK armors have the hood up... Makes no sense since mostly all the screenshots from the game has the hood down.