[BUG]: nightmare mechanics implemented in SM & HM DF/DP !

Hi everyone !

We used to clean every weeks on tuesday HM DF and DP .

But since the 2.7 patch we were surprised to see different mechanics on HM like dismantlers heals a lot by despoiler on Draxus or the debuff on player who gets simplification on Tyrans, Grobthok enrage timer is reduced etc......

please fix this quickly !!!!!

Edited by bouledepoil

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fights are somewhat bugged but you can still clear them.

Draxus: CC the Despoiler

Tyrans: as soon as you get Simplification, jump down and click the Holocron

Grob'Thok: moar deeps.

I know that sudden new mechanics can be annoying... But you can still work to clear it.

Corruptor Zero: Elite Droids being inmune to CC abilities.

It's not just the elites, the healers and some of the silvers couldn't be cc'd, stunned, knocked down etc. either.

Is this working as intended? The way I read the 2.7 patch notes is that the changes are only intended for nightmare mode, and the mechanics will remain in NiM once the additional buff time period has passed, dropping the boss hit points back down to HM levels.

I would make the assumption these additional "features" were not intended to be patched.

Tyrans is the only one that is really irritating. Three people losing 1/3 of their health each Simplification round makes the healers wet themselves.

The despoiler in Draxus can be CC'd... and the adds in CZ can just be AOE'd down while a Sentinel locks down the gold. My group has never bothered to CC/stun the adds.

The DF bug on Grobthok doesnt appear to be an enrage timer issue, our guild did it in 16 man HM last night, and the enrage seemed to be the same (we didnt hit it, but killed him at 6:01, the enrage is 6:30 I think). The biggest thing that changed in that fight, and it is 100% no doubt in my mind, that the magnet is moving much faster now. We do it every week on a time between pipe smashes. We know exactly where the next magnet will be by where the previous magnet caught the pipe. Last night, the magnet was a full straight away in the room further along than it should have been. After about 5 wipes to figure out the new magnet speed, we once again got it down to another timer and then killed it on the next pull.

This is pretty much BioWare's NiM buff working as intended, where the new mechanics end up with the current HM content. They announced this is what the new HM versions of these operations will be. So working as intended .

Wrong!

There wasn't intended to be any change to the current HM mechanics. The Nightmare Mode mechanics were added for Nightmare Mode, along with the Nightmare Power buff. At some point in the future, Nightmare Power would be removed, but the extra mechanics would remain. In Nightmare Mode only.

The Nightmare Mode mechanics were NOT intended to be in hard mode. This is a (rather large) bug. Presumably no one tested HM on the PTS. Not surprising, of course; why would they?

NOTE: The specific mechanic we noticed was that the gold/elite adds in Corrupter Zero in HM DF had the CC immunity buff. The previous encounters were rougher than normal, but handleable. But that change to CZ ruined our strategy. While I'm all for the NM mechanics, I'd rather choose the time when we have them added to the equation (which was the whole point of what was added in 2.7: do NM now with the Nightmare Power buff and get the title, or do it later without the buff but with the NM mechanics).

Edited by jasoneth

Hey,

They should definitely fix this, I mean, people are now used to HM and doing smooth runs in order to get crafting schematics, loot, ultimate coms etc. It sucks that you lose a week or more for this. I mean yeah, it can be done, but for example we got stuck on Tyrans yesterday since we needed time to adapt. Yes, its a challenge again, but still with no reward, why doesn't the game ever bug in a good way? Like getting NiM loot in SM for example :D

Its really annoying and should be fixed.

It's funny to get new mechanics but :

- Do they have to change now some of the future NiM DP mechanics, to keep the surprise in June, do they have enough time left to do this correctly so it won't be a cheaper NiM.

- Some serious QA problem here, they're relying too much on PTS, not enough safeguards between Devs and players and between PTS and Live.

Right now they're deciding if they're gonna acknowledge their error or not.

It's nobody's fault I'm sure, it's just Cartel Market's money that is going in the wrong place !

I'll add a bug to the list. Last night in the second fight in DP (Tyrans), we were missing a tile on my guilds weekly 16m HM run. As in before we even pulled the boss a tile was already missing. After every wipe, it was still missing.

Add to that the other 'bugs'... having to drop down when you get simplification. And we had multiple people die from simplification even though they dropped down and got to the center pyramid clicky thingie in plenty of time. They clicked, and then died as soon as they got back up. Happened to me once and said in the chat window 'Simplification 0 damage.'

:mad:

I'll add a bug to the list. Last night in the second fight in DP (Tyrans), we were missing a tile on my guilds weekly 16m HM run. As in before we even pulled the boss a tile was already missing. After every wipe, it was still missing.

Add to that the other 'bugs'... having to drop down when you get simplification. And we had multiple people die from simplification even though they dropped down and got to the center pyramid clicky thingie in plenty of time. They clicked, and then died as soon as they got back up. Happened to me once and said in the chat window 'Simplification 0 damage.'

:mad:

This is exactly what happened to my raid group last night in 8 man HM. Missing a tile and raid members respawning dead after clicking the pyramid.

We also wiped once on Bestia and when we reentered her chamber had two larva and two monsters just standing there next to their portals because it didn't reset correctly. We just killed them and then the fight proceeded as normal but it was weird.

Hey,

They should definitely fix this, I mean, people are now used to HM and doing smooth runs in order to get crafting schematics, loot, ultimate coms etc. It sucks that you lose a week or more for this. I mean yeah, it can be done, but for example we got stuck on Tyrans yesterday since we needed time to adapt. Yes, its a challenge again, but still with no reward, why doesn't the game ever bug in a good way? Like getting NiM loot in SM for example :D

Its really annoying and should be fixed.

Well, there are MMGs on every boss now...so at least there's that.

If it would've been a bug in Cartel market it would've been fixed already.

Servers wouldn't have been up for 1 hour before they'd patch it.

Anyway,it's more then doable with the new mechanics,i like them to be honest.

But yeah,time consuming to learn them again,more stress etc.

If they could only patch their game without *********** something up,that would be nice -_-

Hi to everyone!

I understand why Tyrans was changed,it was a really boring and too easy Boss.

But what I can not understand is why the same player has the same Debuff 3 or more times in a row.

Last night I become Simplification 3 times without time to make any Dmg or Heal between Debuffs.

I had the first simplification,I go down and when I go back to the field I have again the same Debuff.

That happened 3 times in a row and I died because of it.

Bioware must fix this problem,or else most of the people cannot survive this fight and he is the 2er Boss not Endcontent.