Kaliyo is a horrible companion

Lyability

Playing an agent sniper, she is ruining the whole experience for me. All I see is -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1. To the point when I'm screaming "leave already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Seriously, I'm picking choices an assbag would pick because I'd like her to be partially decent at running crafting missions. Its ruining the whole story for me. Please tell me there is a better companion that actually fits the story line coming soon.

Edited by Lyability

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... Kaliyo is a love or hate type of companion, personally she is my favorite of all the companions I've leveled with on any class. :D She's actually really easy to get positive affection for once you realize that it's not about what choices you make, but WHY you make them. She hates Imperial bootlicking, she hates if you're being too kind or "wussy", but if you spin it so that it benefits you or her, she is usually happy. She likes it when you're snarky or just confident. Don't want to act that way? Doesn't really matter, getting -1 affection doesn't really hurt anything, you can easily get affection up from gifts and farming dailies later, doesn't sound like you really want to get Kaliyo's affection up anyway.

You'll probably be a lot happier with the rest of the companions.

I just wanted to be a stoic, quiet, professional killer. Confident, yeah I noticed that, and its the only +15 I get, I don't want to make jokes and ask the stupid questions, I want to be cut and dry. I'm a sniper, an assassin, an agent, I'm behind the scenes and forgettable. I don't ask questions, I kill from a distance and collect my pay. She doesn't fit the role at all. She is ruining the whole "feeling" of the story arch because I'm stuck with her.

I love to hate Kaliyo, every time I see that -1 pop up it brings a smile to my face :D

Even so I still get overall positive affection with her simply because she likes it a lot when I ruthlessly remove a threat.

Edited by Andronicos

I've gotten to where I just laugh, shake my head and say "oh Kaliyo, you silly girl". Seriously - why run with an IMPERIAL Agent if she hates it when you show your IMPERIAL superior officers respect. And does she really want me to taunt a sith lord? That's very bad for your career and your internal organs. :rolleyes:

BUT she kicks butt in a fight, keeps the heat off me better than most tank companions I've used somehow, and she likes it when I get snarky - and I do get snarky with people I don't report to/fear will force-choke me and drop me down one of the many open shafts in this world - so it's a wash in the end. Real affection comes from gifts anyway, as others noted - especially for your first couple companions because of their low conversation base gain.

Gifts fix everything.

This.

Always keep in mind that she's just a crazy psychopath (== Jack from ME2), so just give her a weapon (gift) to play with and she'll be fine.

For a first companion she gets such ridiculously high affection gains from gifts = weapon, luxury, u-goods (just compare her to Qyzen who takes ages to get to 10K aff.). Hey, I even don't care about her -30's any more because of that :cool:

(Currently leveling my 2nd IA and having a blast as an operative :D )

Kaliyo is.... hard to get used to. Of all the companions in the game, her affection is probably the most difficult to understand. She isn't really a black and white character where picking Dark Side will always gain/loose you affection. Like it was said, it more matters WHY you make your choices. If you play the in-line agent who always bows to superiors and the Sith, yeah she'll hate you. Personally, I didn't know how I was going to play my Agent at first, but once I got Kaliyo I was like 'I wanna do that'. She more fits the Agent that is mostly just out for himeslf and is using his job to mostly just state his lust of watching the world burn.

She's a sadistic, blood-thirsty, son of a rancor, but I freaking love her :D

I'm playing my Agent much like the OP wants to: cut-and-dry silent professionalism, which of course Kaliyo hates.

I look at it this way: don't change your preferred answers to please Kaliyo. Answer the way you want to. If she doesn't like it, too bad for her. As others have pointed out, gifts make up for it anyway.

Kaliyo is.... hard to get used to. Of all the companions in the game, her affection is probably the most difficult to understand. She isn't really a black and white character where picking Dark Side will always gain/loose you affection. Like it was said, it more matters WHY you make your choices. If you play the in-line agent who always bows to superiors and the Sith, yeah she'll hate you. Personally, I didn't know how I was going to play my Agent at first, but once I got Kaliyo I was like 'I wanna do that'. She more fits the Agent that is mostly just out for himeslf and is using his job to mostly just state his lust of watching the world burn.

She's a sadistic, blood-thirsty, son of a rancor, but I freaking love her :D

I so disagree.

I only leveled 1 imperial agent, my operative.

EVERYTHING i seem to do makes her +15, +40. EVERY time.

I love me some sadistic *****es

I also hate Kaliyo with a passion. I made it a point to never use her but unfortunately the next companion after that is so incredibly dull and lifeless that I used Kaliyo until Lokin.

I'm conflicted because as a sniper she's a solid meat shield, but yet I can't stand her. I just have to tolerate her so I do. My job is a lot easier when enemies are attacking her, even if I am constantly resummoning her because each fight she's down to 25-50% health.

I wanted to take this psycho b**** out behind the chemical processers and put a blaster bolt through her bald head the minute I met her.

I don't mind a strong female character, but the Son of Sam personality is not what I was hoping for.

Once I get a new compaignen she can sit and rot on the ship.

Well I'm only level 22 now so she's my only companion but my agent has been getting along with her famously so far. Seems like every time I sneeze I gain affection with her. Then again I've been RPing my female operative as a dark sided, flippant, mouthy *****, so that's probably why.

Besides I love when she randomly calls people dirtbags, how can you not like that? hehe

My Sniper ditched her the minute I got Vector, but unfortunately my Healer Operative was stuck with her until Belsavis.

The happiest moment of the Agent storyline for me was (Act 3 SPOILERS):

When the Sith took her away from you, now my Agent disliked Sith but at that point I was all like 'Weeeewt! Thanks gais! Dont bother bringing her back!". Unfortunately we had to rescue her back, I honestly wish we could have just left her there to be torture practice for Sith Acolytes.

Edited by ZakMorgan