copy char to testserver...

TheHolgar

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the PTS forums, AllisonBerryman stated that if you filled out the form before Monday, your character should already be copied over to the PTS. They are still transferring characters in batches so if you fill out the form now, it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using

heh, I had to download the PTS-client again anyway. still 10gb to go and I'm gonna stop the download now to play... but from what I gathered from other people who signed up on the day the sign-up went live, their chars are so far all on the PTS

heh, I had to download the PTS-client again anyway. still 10gb to go and I'm gonna stop the download now to play... but from what I gathered from other people who signed up on the day the sign-up went live, their chars are so far all on the PTS

Signed up May 26th... no transfer.

it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using

So...we're being lead to believe they have a transfer tool we can use in "early summer".....but it's so broke they can't even use it on the test server? They have to manually transfer?

Wow.

So...we're being lead to believe they have a transfer tool we can use in "early summer".....but it's so broke they can't even use it on the test server? They have to manually transfer?

Wow.

By manual I mean they themselves are copying the characters over - no automatic transfer for us to do it on our own. They say within a couple weeks, server transfers will be comming. And from past conversations, they said it would be them doing first, then later we would get an automated tool. Biggest issue they are running into now is Legacy Names which it sounds like they have that figured out.

For instance, on the PTS, some peoples characters were copied twice, some people ahve their character names as LKJLKUBKOPJG so it's still a WiP

Edited by rhirne

Wow.

Broken ? let me ask you, have you ever set up mass transfer of chars through a computer system to take into account legacy names etc and all the other variables , no you say, well neither have they.

on the PTS forums, AllisonBerryman stated that if you filled out the form before Monday, your character should already be copied over to the PTS. They are still transferring characters in batches so if you fill out the form now, it will be transfered at some point just not immediately since it's a manual process they are using

Manual process? That sucks. I wish they would use a better testing method. Other MMOs will clone an entire highly populated production server, apply the patches, and then test. IMO this gives the greatest chance of a successful rollout since you are emulating what will happen when the patch goes live. Staring with a server wipe and transferring characters is not real world. it is alpha testing at best.

Edited by Owsley

Manual process? That sucks. I wish they would use a better testing method. Other MMOs will clone an entire highly populated production server, apply the patches, and then test. IMO this gives the greatest chance of a successful rollout since you are emulating what will happen when the patch goes live. Staring with a server wipe and transferring characters is not real world. it is alpha testing at best.

Actually, if you tested 1.2, your character(s) are still there. So they just applied the 1.3 patch to 1.2 and started transferring characters to the PTS. Appears there's still some bugs as some people got copied twice, or their name is JKHKJPJKGJH. A WiP but it does at least appear to be working. And they are still copying from live to PTS

Greetings everyone!

We wanted to give you the following information from Senior Community Coordinator which you can find in the Developer Tracker:

I havn't seen this "survey" you guys keep talking about, and I am wondering if I can fill it out still, now that 1.3 is on the PTS?

You can still sign up to be copied - you can find the information in this news article.

If you filled out the survey before Monday, your character should be copied. If your character isn't copied, please fill out the survey again and make sure that all the information is correct. We'll continue to copy characters over periodically, so you'll need to check back to see if your copy has completed.

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

• Dev Post

Update: We are extending the cut off time until 10AM CDT tomorrow, June 8th. This will be the last batch of character copies for a while, so be sure to sign up!

I have some more information for those of you interested in getting your character copied over to PTS. If you haven't, make sure to fill out the survey in the news article by midnight CDT tonight (6/7). We'll be doing another batch of copies on Friday, but you must have your survey filled out by the end of the day today. We'll continue to copy more characters periodically and will let you know as we do!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Dev Post
I signed up the 1st day the article was posted and didnt get copied. I have since signed up again and still not copied?

If you haven't been copied, you should try filling the survey out again before the end of the day today. If it is filled out correctly, you'll be copied as part of tomorrow's batch!

Sigh, really hoping I get copied this time. I filled out the survey the first day it was available, then again when 1.3 went live on the PTS, then again today. There's stuff I'd really like to test as a level 50, not the level 30 I made on the PTS.

Broken ? let me ask you, have you ever set up mass transfer of chars through a computer system to take into account legacy names etc and all the other variables , no you say, well neither have they.

Actually, most of what I do is about 1000X more difficult....

:)

Update: We are extending the cut off time until 10AM CDT tomorrow, June 8th. This will be the last batch of character copies for a while, so be sure to sign up!

I have some more information for those of you interested in getting your character copied over to PTS. If you haven't, make sure to fill out the survey in the news article by midnight CDT tonight (6/7). We'll be doing another batch of copies on Friday, but you must have your survey filled out by the end of the day today. We'll continue to copy more characters periodically and will let you know as we do!

So if this fails after cutoff hour on friday, how do you expect the response will be from those who tried repeated attempts to sign on when the form was first posted for 1.3 single character transfer ?

Actually, most of what I do is about 1000X more difficult....

:)

The fact is that its not difficult when the infrastructure already existed long before this day, its all about personal esteem now, the model is already on stage ... we are just tired of pep talk and want to see a real response from BW regarding the obvious flaws with the over exposed CTS blunders. Today as in thursday not after fridays cutoff wishwash deadline I ask that you explain why some have had even double copies, while others still fail after repeated attempts ?

And i was attempting to be non suspensful, there goes that one :rolleyes:

Edited by Holopax