Oceanic Server Consolidation Soon

DropbearSW

Bioware..

I realise you must be hoping that F2P increases the server pop on the Oceanic Servers to make them viable, but why should we paying subscribers be forced to use these vastly underpopulated ghost-tows why we wait for freeloaders?

Allow us to transfer off of these oceanic servers ASAP, or I for one will be unsubscribing.

I have tried my self to transfer over and over they don't care about Oceanic at all it's all USA USA USA Dalborra is a bag of crap I would rather have a higher ping than continue with Dalborra it's putting players 10 steps back they should just close down all 3 Oceanic servers and merge us all on a super server also get rid of RP servers just have 2 types of super servers PvP and PvE.

I have tried my self to transfer over and over they don't care about Oceanic at all it's all USA USA USA Dalborra is a bag of crap I would rather have a higher ping than continue with Dalborra it's putting players 10 steps back they should just close down all 3 Oceanic servers and merge us all on a super server also get rid of RP servers just have 2 types of super servers PvP and PvE.

You are no loss to the dalborra server, but I'm glad you like to put yourself in a disadvantage with higher ping.

Do we need a super server for the oceanic's? Probably, but it's only so the pvpers think they'll get more ranked matches. Because in Dalborra there is plenty of people to do ops with.

I have no trouble at all with getting groups on Dalborra so good luck with the higher ping. But I do have to say that with some of the times that I play the US west servers could be better but I would not trade for a higher ping.

As far as I recall there was an immense amount of pressure from the Oceanic community to make BioWare open local servers there. It's very unfortunate that players there now ask to be able to transfer back to US servers.

I agree, it's unfortunate, but having a ghosttown for a server impacts the enjoyment of game play in many serious ways .. The GTN economy is dead, the warzones take a long time to pop, it's almost impossible to find someone to play along with for HM OPS during the day.. (some of us are shift workers and don't get to play in prime time).

Merging the three oceanic servers would go some way to alleviating this issue.

...That's a highly ignorant view. There are plenty of Rpers enough to populate a server between all three regions. Thats very much the viewpoint of someone who doesn't care about Rping at all.

Allow us to transfer off of these oceanic servers ASAP, or I for one will be unsubscribing.

Nice threat, do you really think Bioware cares if you unsub?....lol

I like being on the AP servers and i would unsub if i was forced back to the high ping US servers......:p

Edited by Reble-Dog-Squad

Exactly! It really does shock me that people don't get this, there are different rulesets for a reason.

The way it is on the APAC pvp server is there is NO world pvp. If we moved to a pve server simply flag for pvp or continue about your business. If you want to RP, surely there could be an RP channel.

I totally understand your point about rule sets. Rules don't mean anything when there is barely anyone online to play by them or breach them.

Oceanic servers transfer hs been ignored. Check this link -- http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list , then click "High population servers and consolidation matrix".

Dalborra >>> Dalborra !!!

Gav Daragon >>> Gav Daragon !!!

Master Dar'Nala >>> Master Dar'Nala !!!

You are no loss to the dalborra server, but I'm glad you like to put yourself in a disadvantage with higher ping.

Do we need a super server for the oceanic's? Probably, but it's only so the pvpers think they'll get more ranked matches. Because in Dalborra there is plenty of people to do ops with.

The population in these Oceanic servers are not only containing poeple from Australia, also other Asia countries like me, and we have zero benefit on ping in these servers, in fact I have worse ping to Dalborra than to The Harbinger. I moved to here 'coz I thought there are more ppl to play with at my prime time, clearly a wrong choice.

Anyway, ping is never what I concern. WoW; GW2; Rift; and dozen of other MMOs I played, they are all sitting around 150ms-250ms ping for years for me from I was starting with UO, then EQ, then Asheron's Call, then Anarchy Online, then DAoC... your name it, I never need a server located next to my house in order to be epic in PvP. Some disadvantage on PvP -- yes. Unplayable -- NO. I can live with ping for PvP/PvE, I cannot live with dying population and long queue. Who care about ping while most of time I can do is waiting on the fleet or farm Black-Hole again the #34,262 times?

You like your 15ms ping, okay, no one ask you to transfer, stay in Dalborra as long as you like, your choice. But give people a choice to leave here, 'coz we want to. You can have your super smooth ping "Light" server to play with, I can enjoy my 150ms "Heavy" server. Win win.

You don't need to leave, but I am not going to stay for your own benefit. You can stay, Bioware, let me go. I am definitely not a loss to the Dalborra server also.

The population in these Oceanic servers are not only containing poeple from Australia, also other Asia countries like me, and we have zero benefit on ping in these servers, in fact I have worse ping to Dalborra than to The Harbinger.

Yeah that's because they put the servers in Sydney and not on the West Coast where there is a direct tunnel :rolleyes:

The way it is on the APAC pvp server is there is NO world pvp. If we moved to a pve server simply flag for pvp or continue about your business. If you want to RP, surely there could be an RP channel.

I totally understand your point about rule sets. Rules don't mean anything when there is barely anyone online to play by them or breach them.

You know that's such an amazingly simple idea that I'm surprised no one has mentioned it before. It would mostly work...

But just thinking of the mechanics of it, how the range would work, when you zone in and out etc. Otherwise you'd be hearing RPers from across the planet which kind of defeats half the point of RP...

Edited by Ailie

Oceanic servers transfer hs been ignored. Check this link -- http://www.swtor.com/transfer#servers-list , then click "High population servers and consolidation matrix".

Dalborra >>> Dalborra !!!

Gav Daragon >>> Gav Daragon !!!

Master Dar'Nala >>> Master Dar'Nala !!!

Well that sucks, guess there will be no change to the population. Obvious solution is to X-server pacific servers to the US ones.

BW/EA clearly isn't concerned about the issues APAC servers face. Look at how most of the countries in the region still can not buy the game on-line directly, after how many months since the APAC release? Currently, those in non-supported countries go through relatively extraordinary lengths just to get a copy. BW have basically lost subscription from those who were borderline interested in the game, who, could have been persuaded, if the game was easily procured.

Hopefully when SWTOR goes F2P they will remove this restriction.

"To maintain a high quality of service, only certain regions worldwide will be able to pre-order Star Wars™: The Old Republic™."

I guess if their definition of "QoS" is having dead servers...