Addons, but...

I am a big supporter of addons. Not because I need them as a crutch, but simply because I find a game more enjoyable if I can customize the UI to my liking, and view my performance to further improve it.

However.

At this time, I don't think Bioware should even be thinking about them.

First and foremost, they need to make their own game stable before they try and add player made additions to it. The game has too may little bugs right now. Companion abilities toggle on and off on their own, the cover bar re-enables itself after you shut it off, the reverse-engineering button randomly disappears, map icons randomly disappear, harvesting nodes are still broken after one patch supposedly addressed them, my party chat randomly stops working... etc etc etc

So while I would love to have a damage meter or be able to change my own UI, right now I would prefer to have a UI that actually functions properly.

The game has been very fun and playable for me, nothing gamebreaking. But it make me sad that while all these ancient and obvious problems exist, they are instead working on things like being able to use emotes while mounted...

I totally agree, I have only just started playing the game and have a level 20 Sniper, I love the class but dislike the buggy cover system (great concept, poor implimentation) I've never been a great one for addons, prefer a clear screen although I would love a damage meter to assess if my DPS is consistant with other members of my group, so I can evaluate the best rotation/energy conservation.