Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

Q: Do you like SWTOR in it's current state?

~No talk about/comparison to WoW.

~No arguing/provoking others. You get your say, everyone else gets their say too.

~If someone annoys you, IGNORE THEM. You have your opinion, they have theirs.

~No fanboyism and/or hater banter.

Just a simple YES or NO answer with a brief description of why you feel that way. This should give a clear look at the current mood of this forum with regards to SWTOR in it's current state.

GO!

CURRENT TOTALS

(click above to view pie chart)

Triple counted. Accuracy is top goal.

Last updated on: February 04, 2012 (Page 92)

NEWS: I have been told by a friendly Bioware employee that there is a high chance the Developers and others at Bioware are taking an interest in this thread. Keep up the good work, everyone.

Edited by StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO

The game is too quiet and levelling has been very lonely. The storyline was great but I felt more like I was doing a coop version of DA2 in a star wars setting. Too many bugs and basically got bored. Got to 50 and have no inclination to play anymore or do the repetition on my alts.

Edited by Xerda

Yes

People who claim the game is dying or failing have no real proof. Opinion does not count as proof. If you don't like the game or it bothers you enough to leave, that's fine, I don't think any game can please everybody, nor should it. But ranting on the forums about X or Y you don't like, while not necessarily a bad thing, creates several threads of the same topic, which really isn't necessary.

Now on the other side of the coin, with people blindly praising the game, this also has no merit. It's not like any game has no flaws, you can admit if you don't like something, you really can. But, as with the complainers, creating anti-hater threads about the same things all the other anti-hater threads comprise of, that's not necessary either.

These boards should (ideally) be about what you'd like to see in-game, general discussions about the game, maybe a question or two if your confused about something, those types of threads. Not all these "tinfoil hat" doomsday prophets trying to persuade people to follow their train of thought, it's posts like those that breed the "fanboys" in the first place, you beget eachother to no end.

Yes and No honestly.

Yes - I love the parts of the game that were done right.

1-49 was the most fun leveling experience I have had in a MMO. Great story line, main and planet quests were very immersive.

Crafting is fun as a cybertech; I liked playing with grenades, making my mounts, making new earpeices as I leveled.

I like the class I picked as a main quite a bit. I don't PVP so those issues don't affect me personally.

No - So much missing.

Lack of combat logs make learning encounters frustrating and expensive.

Dailies are MIND NUMBINGLY dull.

I am on the Rep side of a low pop server. The guild with the most 50 in it has 7 on during prime time - combined guild 8 mans FTL.

End game crafting is near pointless.

Bugs, for the most part don't affect my view of the game, as I know they will be fixed eventually. However, the last patch with the lockups really hit me at a bad time as I was getting frustrated with the post 50 game already.

If you put a gun to my head and demanded a yes or no answer right this second, I would say:

"sorta?"

edit:added spoiler tags to my longer explanations (not particularly long mind you) in order to appease the OP.

Edited by EternallSlumber

Yes I love it.

Arrived level 50 with Sage in a week now. Finish my class quest more or less the same time. Ilum extension yesterday.

Been playing for not less then an hour a day since 20 December says something. I have never played so much a game in my life. Not even KOTOR which I loved.

It is challenging in some areas which I like a lot.

Some issues like Ilum delays (laggings) are there but I hope they get them fixed.

Now fun is also increasing for PVP because level 50s are becoming more numerous. So the fixture of these issues will become more important.

I never played WOW but I hate the comparison because for me it felt a childish game next to this. I think this is just the beginning of this game, if Bioware can deliver more content it will be much bigger in a years time. I hope they do.