Heroic Lost Island

Was wondering if the first boss in this is bugged. At 10% he seems to enrage and plant instant bubbles all over the room. thought this might have been a time out enrage the first time I seen it but it happened at 10% 4 times. At any rate I have yet to down it since 1.3 patch.

Was wondering if the first boss in this is bugged. At 10% he seems to enrage and plant instant bubbles all over the room. thought this might have been a time out enrage the first time I seen it but it happened at 10% 4 times. At any rate I have yet to down it since 1.3 patch.

Just downed it earlier with absolutely no issues. Bring DPS with rakata gear. Its a tier 2 FP so requirements are a bit steeper.

That is intentional soft enrage when droid is on few % (also lava erupts constantly), tell dps to save dps adrenal/relic and dmg mitigating CDs for this phase, before that it is everyone besides tank can avoid most of damage, yes melee as well (it is not so hard to move around).

That is intentional soft enrage when droid is on few % (also lava erupts constantly), tell dps to save dps adrenal/relic and dmg mitigating CDs for this phase, before that it is everyone besides tank can avoid most of damage, yes melee as well (it is not so hard to move around).

It is time based, not % based. The reason people may be seeing it more than before is that armor reduction buffs no longer stack so for many group compositions the dps requirements have gone up (especially if you haven't augmented your gear to compensate.)

I tanked this successfully for the first time last Friday evening (29th). The only group composition that worked was one with 2 ranged DPS (1 gunslinger, 1 commando). They stayed together around the solid parts of the floor away from me+droid, and any time one of them was targetted by one of those plasma grenades, they moved -- and healer was able to use AE heals to keep them up from random damage.

Every attempt with a melee DPS failed miserably due to Incinerate damage on the DPS, or a plasma grenade being thrown at them and forcing me to move early.

Quite seriously, this boss is FAR too hostile to melee DPS, unless they are massively overgeared and are at the top of their game. Ranged DPS can do the job with far far less hassle.

As mentioned, LR-5 has a "soft" enrage. The rate of lava eruption and lightning ball spawns increases the longer the fight goes. If you get to the point where all of the lava vents are firing constantly, that means your team's DPS is too low.

There are two main things to be concerned about in this fight: 1) interrupting Incinerate, and 2) not eating damage from lightning balls. If you have two ranged DPS, tank deals with #1, and DPS deals with #2. If you have melee DPS, tank deals with #2, and DPS deals with #1.

I tanked this successfully for the first time last Friday evening (29th). The only group composition that worked was one with 2 ranged DPS (1 gunslinger, 1 commando). They stayed together around the solid parts of the floor away from me+droid, and any time one of them was targetted by one of those plasma grenades, they moved -- and healer was able to use AE heals to keep them up from random damage.

Every attempt with a melee DPS failed miserably due to Incinerate damage on the DPS, or a plasma grenade being thrown at them and forcing me to move early.

Quite seriously, this boss is FAR too hostile to melee DPS, unless they are massively overgeared and are at the top of their game. Ranged DPS can do the job with far far less hassle.

Mara/Sent with interrupts (and other melee with interrupts im assuming) works just fine. The tank has to be open to moving the boss. And it helps to walk through the game plane before you activate him if you havent done it before.

we had Jugg tank, myself (mara), merc dps, sorc healer. with me being melee and having to be on the boss, it was easier with the merc and sorc near me. the tank would move him when bubbles went out. i was able to interrupt while the tank was moving him. once the first bubbles went out we moved to the edges of the room to avoid lava.

if you have played any other game, Tank goes in front, melee behind. if you follow this rule, no one but the tank will ever get any accidental incinerates.

The hard part is convincing people who have read how "easy" it is with ranged, to even try it with melee. its not harder, its just different.

Edited by broknpieces