1 875 000 credits to finish the Heroic Tur War ??

Nebdar

Hi,

What is that high price for?

Not only that this Heroic have terrible boss mechanics that stop working in the middle of the fight - try finish killing the Nova Blade Boss that has Immune to ALL damage buff without the anty buff mechanic.

Today i had to reset quest 3 time because the heroic moment ability turned off the anty boss mechanic ability :p

I just don't get why? so much credits?

Edit:

And the reply from customer support:

I do realize your disappointment with the situation, however, the credits charged for the heroic missions are working intended as per game mechanics which can't be changed from customer support.

Being a player myself I do understand it becomes annoying at times but I really appreciate your efforts for taking the initiative to report the concern to us.

The updates and changes are implemented by the game developers on the basis of feedback we receive from our valuable players.

Our development teams are always interested to hear ideas and constructive criticism about the game, and they regularly check the official forums to read feedback from players like you and posting the suggestions in the suggestion box is the most efficient way to bring your valuable feedback to the dev team's notice.

Please refer to the following link for the suggestion box on the official forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While the SW: TOR team can’t reply to every post, they do read through them all.

Edited by Nebdar

High price? Credit sink. Simple as that.

As for the Nova Blade guy, I usually ran in, got all three attackable NPCs to target me and follow me right back to the Nova Blade guy. He will usually do his AOE attack, and the other two will attack him, and I just back away for a bit. (I usually leave my companion on passive). Then I use the bowlfruit to target the Nova blade guy a few times, the other two guys do all the work killing him, until around 6-7% health left. Then I let the Nova blade guy kill the other two. I hold one of the fruits in reserve to use to finish him off last with my comp. Really kinda easy.

The other two Heroics arent a problem either, so I wouldnt say they are broken.

Finally, the reward for Turf War is simply an ability to turn yourself darkish-color. Sorta cool if you are Sith. But its sad for my other characters to use it I have to email it, since it is not legacywide.

Good luck.

Hi,

Not only that this Heroic have terrible boss mechanics that stop working in the middle of the fight - try finish killing the Nova Blade Boss that has Immune to ALL damage buff without the anty buff mechanic.

Today i had to reset quest 3 time because the heroic moment ability turned off the anty boss mechanic ability :p

This was part of the 'new' content they mentioned sometime back in November if I remember right, that would be released in December. One heroic that costs you credits and that's buggy AF... Yay!!! :D I never bothered running it when I read on the forums that it would cost you credits. I suppose if you want the reward and somehow bypass the bugs, it might be pretty cool.

Hi,

Ridiculous right?

Just FYI, if you actually plunk down all that money to finish the mission x 20 times PER faction, you can get a special cosmetic item. So... yeah. Not going for that personally, but it is there, lol.

Mek Sha heroics are just broken, as hopelessly as the Pub-side turret mission in Dantooine Pirate event.

They are ok. Only one of the empire side one seemed to not spawn an item once but i could still go on the instanced area once i got near it.

The brotherhood heroic 2 rep side is actually probably the best heroic you can do in the game. Only 1 instance, 3 bonus missions, a box of gear, kill 5 groups and 2 more mobs. Super nice.

The other one on rep side is a bit busier as you have to travel to two instances. Always choose to capture the guy. It's the fastest way.

Empire side ones are busier. One with 3 instances with out world mobs you cant skip without stealth and the one i mentioned before, wich is not so bad but still has 2 instances and outer world items to click.

The heroic 4 is a travesty though.

Devs please dont do heroics like this anymore. The one on dantooine has an option, that is fine. But locking content behind a huge credit payout is just wasting your time and ours cause no one is gonna run them. There's enough credit sinks in the game now. There is no need for things like this. Make it optional.

Edited by Nemmar

So, I did this one last night, pub side, for the first time, with a guildie of mine. Agreed to help out Harido Wald. I think we had both chosen in our original Mek Sha stories to support Harido Wald. I chose the conversation option to assist them that said (Friendly Discount) after it, option number 1. Me as Guardian tanking and my guild mate as shadow dps. Both our comps were set to heal. I didn't quite notice that the other two attack the nova blade person. They just attacked us. Did the fruit thing repeatedly on the Nova Blade Lt. when they went immune. We killed the Nova Blade Lt. and then killed the Dire Skull and Dar'manda pirate. We didn't use any of the special abilities on them, they were never immune to damage. When the npcs were down, the Harido Wald representative had us buy the contract, but it was only 1800 credits or possibly 18k I think, definitely not the 1.8 million credits everyone keeps talking about. For both of us. However, my guild mate consumed the contract first, completing the mission for both of us, but only incrementing her counter towards the achievement. Mine still says 0 for all the sub-achievements. I consumed the contract while still in the phase, still grouped with my guild mate and it still didn't do anything to my achievements.

So, not that I'm complaining that the cost is way cheaper than 1.8 million, but I'm wondering if this is intended? I know that the nova blade reactor ransom achievement only counts for the player paying the ransom. I sort of get that, since they are the ones fronting the money. The other players still get the rewards of the mission for free, especially the Surveyor Notes, ultimately making money on the encounter because no repair costs etc.

This Mek Sha Turf War heroic isn't like that at all. Signing the contract (consuming it) can't occur until after the npcs are dead. So, the players in a group trying to complete that heroic do all the work. They should get credit towards the achievement.

I'm hoping one of the mission designers can come in and explain what this all means and if its working as intended.

This was part of the 'new' content they mentioned sometime back in November if I remember right, that would be released in December. One heroic that costs you credits and that's buggy AF... Yay!!! :D I never bothered running it when I read on the forums that it would cost you credits. I suppose if you want the reward and somehow bypass the bugs, it might be pretty cool.

I nearly expect BioWare to say “if you want to play the fixed version, it will cost you 2400 cartel coins”

Is this cosmetic item like the Dantooine one where you can get it on every character for 1 credit afterwards? Or is it tied to the character that does the achievement

Apparently, it is only available to the character who claimed it, but it can be mailed to other characters in your legacy, based on other posts on this topic.

And the reply from customer support:

I do realize your disappointment with the situation, however, the credits charged for the heroic missions are working intended as per game mechanics which can't be changed from customer support.

Being a player myself I do understand it becomes annoying at times but I really appreciate your efforts for taking the initiative to report the concern to us.

The updates and changes are implemented by the game developers on the basis of feedback we receive from our valuable players.

Our development teams are always interested to hear ideas and constructive criticism about the game, and they regularly check the official forums to read feedback from players like you and posting the suggestions in the suggestion box is the most efficient way to bring your valuable feedback to the dev team's notice.

Please refer to the following link for the suggestion box on the official forums: http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

While the SW: TOR team can’t reply to every post, they do read through them all.

Remember don't post your suggestions or complaints if you are not "valuable" player :) and make it constructive....

This lie though :D Always cracks me up - you'd think they'd realise by now that we all know this is standard CS script for just about every product/service on the planet.