BioWare are you trying to get your operations players to leave?

DarthTexas

The last operations were released on October 1, 2013, the next one will be October 21, 2014 at the earliest, since there's no indication of a new operation in 2.9 on August 19; that's at least a year between new operations. Nightmare Modes of existing operations do not constitute new operations, despite how much you may want us to believe that.

Additionally, it will be at least 18 months between the raises of the level cap. We had 16 months for 1-50 content with 8 class stories and 4 operations. It will be at least 18 months, and possibly more for 51-55 with no class stories and only 3 operations.

If your goal is get players who love operations to leave and try out other games then you're succeeding. Please throw us a bone and tell us when anything of substance will be added to the game beyond gambling and housing mini-games.

Edited by DarthTexas

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guild won't be leaving, but we definitely are bored. Most only login for operations and even NiM isn't really stirring the pot. I'll patiently wait though. Because Dammit, I love this game

The last operations were released on October 1, 2013, the next one will be October 21, 2014 at the earliest, since there's no indication of a new operation in 2.9 on August 19; that's at least a year between new operations Nightmare Modes of existing operations do not constitute new operations, despite how much you may want us to believe that.

Additionally, it will be at least 18 months between the raises of the level cap. We had 16 months for 1-50 content with 8 class stories and 4 operations. It will be at least 18 months, and possibly more for 51-55 with no class stories and only 3 operations.

If your goal is get players who love operations to leave and try out other games then you're succeeding. Please throw us a bone and tell us when anything of substance will be added to the game beyond gambling and housing mini-games.

There's one thing I can tell you that will keep coming...

Cartel packs.

Yes, the complain is predictable but bare with me for a moment, please.

In this case, Bioware will be reintroducing the old Tionese / Columi / Rakata armor sets - apparently(!!!) - via-CM, after having them removed...

FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Other than of course, wanting to reintroduce them later on in order to make a quick buck. For now, it would seem we'll be getting...

- Battlemaster gear for Inquisitors, Troopers, Smugglers and Jedi Knights.

- Columi / Rakata for Imperial Agents, Bounty Hunters, Sith Warriors.

Good news, hey? :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My guild won't be leaving, but we definitely are bored. Most only login for operations and even NiM isn't really stirring the pot. I'll patiently wait though. Because Dammit, I love this game

That sounds like my guild right now. Most of us login twice a week for nightmare operations, and do very little else in game the rest of the week. Many of us are instead playing other games together outside of SWTOR. The longer BioWare waits to give us anything of substance, the harder it will be for them to get back our full attention.

My guild has actually been booming lately and we have old members returning. We are planning on finishing up HM Council this week since our raid team is now fully formed and will start working on Nightmare DF/SNV/TFB. Nonetheless we aren't super hardcore though so without new operations in the horizon we will need to make an effort to keep people busy by running PvP nights and running alts at least until Guild Conquest.

My guild aren't considering NiM content at the moment, largely because we're not cutting-edge players (sounds harsh, but it's true). We do hard mode, but I think we're suffering burn out because my god this content, it's been around ages. We may not have the Council or Bestia on farm mode, but it's a drag to go there every week with no end in sight. If this raid's going to be around for another six or ten months, why hurry?

So yeah, they're discussing WildStar. I don't see the attraction, personally, but I'm really wondering why I'm here as well. It's not so much "love" as "there's nothing else on the market I really want to try", and that's not really a sustainable attitude to have in your customers.

They're getting better with their fight designs, I feel (again, I'm not a world class raider so my opinion probably isn't worth much in that regard), but they're also a long time in coming. There's no story content to add in, either (oh, Forged Alliances, you mean the flashpoint you can finish in your lunch break? Such story, much content.) or even - heaven forbid - daily areas to pad it out with, and levelling alts is like pulling teeth. Not for speed, but for for the fact I can't be arsed with the planets any more.

But I guess with the bolster I can run around in empty shells and still be fine? Whoo. Such a drive to do the content and get the shinies.

Heh,

I've seen this coming since the original roadmap release in January. At this point, there won't be any new operations until the expansion and level cap increase, because they will not release a new operation in October only to have to bump the level cap of it in December. Also, I'm not convinced it won't be tactical operations (bolster in SM OPS, are you kidding??) with the HM/NiM versions coming some time in 2015.

I have 3 days left on my 6-mo subscription, and have been waiting/hoping since February for some reason to extend it. But there isn't one.

Edited by NoFishing

I've never really been negative about this game before, and I've played since damned near launch....

but I agree. Ops are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too slow to come on. 1 year between DF/DP and next op? It's too long. Unless 2.9 is a new op and then they raise it to a level 60 op when makebesque expansion comes out (and contains a NEW Op a la the 2.0 update), they will be working on a roadmap that basically does nothing for raiders.

The same could be said by players anticipating story content who haven't had it since makeb, or pvp players which I won't even get into because I'd start rambling, GSF players dismayed that their new ship was shelved, and so forth and so on.

They try to please everybody, and at the end of the day they fall short with everybody.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

The same could be said by players anticipating story content who haven't had it since makeb, or pvp players which I won't even get into because I'd start rambling, GSF players dismayed that their new ship was shelved, and so forth and so on.

They try to please everybody, and at the end of the day they fall short with everybody.

cz, oricon, forged alliances granted not much story in those but still some new story they added...

Since the last new operations were introduced there have been multiple updates dedicated to the launch of GSF, in addition to new maps and ships. PvP'ers have got a new huttball map, as well as seasons 1 & 2. I will agree that story players have been short-changed as well.

It's an interesting dilemma.

The casuals can't clear NiM and so don't progress on current content.

The hardcores have NiM on farm and thus have no more content left.

I'm not certain how to fix that.

What Bioware was doing right up until DF/DP was fantastic; release a new operation every 6 to 8 months, with NiM, new HM FPs ( and I do mean hard, like Lost Island in 1.2 ), events, and new daily/story planets in between. It doesn't require a new operation every two months, it just has to be often enough for raiders at every level to see and become excited about what's coming up next.

EDIT: I realize I completely left PvP out of this. Sorry, PvP needs updates in there too!!

Edited by NoFishing

It's an interesting dilemma.

The casuals can't clear NiM and so don't progress on current content.

The hardcores have NiM on farm and thus have no more content left.

I'm not certain how to fix that.

More new ops.

Having watched the thurs night streams on twitch and seen some of the guys behind the scenes and listened to what they've been responsible for and the other names they mentioned I honestly believe that bioware has maybe 30 people tops working full time directly on swtor. That excludes tech support , customer support, and backend staff such as HR etc.

So no wonder they're slow.

I will add that everyone who's appeared on stream as been super enthusiastic about the game and I genuinely believe they love their job and are giving it their all , but I do think that GSF, player housing and cartel market stuff shouldn't be taking resources away from the core content of new planets, new ops , new warzones.

I'm more a PVP than PVE guy and even I'm starting to feel sorry for the guys who do OPs

The way I look at it is $15 a month subscription is the same as 3-4 AAA games a year equivalent. For the first 2 years I think my sub was worth it I got value for money. This year no, my sub runs out soon and I'll be trying out some other games. When they add meaningful content I'll be back , first to catch up on what little I've missed and then to get stuck into the new stuff. If this lack of content trend continues then I can see myself just taking a gaming vacation in the world of SWTOR and only subbing 2-4 months a year.

There's one thing I can tell you that will keep coming...

Cartel packs.

Yes, the complain is predictable but bare with me for a moment, please.

In this case, Bioware will be reintroducing the old Tionese / Columi / Rakata armor sets - apparently(!!!) - via-CM, after having them removed...

FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Other than of course, wanting to reintroduce them later on in order to make a quick buck. For now, it would seem we'll be getting...

- Battlemaster gear for Inquisitors, Troopers, Smugglers and Jedi Knights.

- Columi / Rakata for Imperial Agents, Bounty Hunters, Sith Warriors.

Good news, hey? :rolleyes:

Great news since I like the Inquisitor BM Robes but they don't have Valor Free versions. Also As I've mentioned before I wanted the Agent chest for my Shadow.

Great news since I like the Inquisitor BM Robes but they don't have Valor Free versions. Also As I've mentioned before I wanted the Agent chest for my Shadow.

As I've said before, I want them too.

I just wish they had never removed them from the game to begin with, if only their main goal was to make a quick buck on the long run all along.

I could say I'm surprised but then I would be lying.

As I've said before, I want them too.

I just wish they had never removed them from the game to begin with, if only their main goal was to make a quick buck on the long run all along.

I could say I'm surprised but then I would be lying.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad they were removed and are being brought back as adaptive, adds some great items to your collections to enhance your roleplaying.