Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reverse the nerf on Sentinels and Sage Healers

Eastiano
11.14.2019 , 05:56 PM | #21
Lol, is this a troll?

Professional mara? Hahahaha good one, ask anyone in swtor if they are getting paid to play 😂

Sorc heals were hard to play?

Gonna unsub? Well Iím sure bioware will think, oh dayum we messed up boys, letís buff 2 of the ok performing classes for the sake of 1 person cos those are their main toons and even with best gear etc, not as op as they used to be.

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 06:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Spasi View Post
Maras were never truly the best pvp class in the game that was merc i think that you dont understand the fact that IF mara doesnt do damage mara is useless and there are many ways in the game right now to make mara stop from doing damage.We need to get in what we can get in and make it count and thats not possible when your entire burst, even if the enemy has no cds on no healing or anything ,wont even take them much under half.True you can continue afterwards but at the end of the day what you did was just dps that will likely get healed right away meaning you did basically nothing.Melee dps NEEDS to do more damage on average then a ranged dps due to the fact that you need to stick to the enemy and so you get more downtime.That combined with the ungodly amount of CC in the game makes maras not too great right now and not too great means basically useless for us.There is no other way.What i am trying to say is that marauders are either really good or a nuisance.
I agree that merc was better than mara. That's why I said "one of the top" etc.

And maybe your damage is comparatively lower than it was, but maras get to stealth out a lot more frequently, and still can get good damage in. Good maras will still have success in ranked, i guarantee it. You're not going to find any sympathy from those of us that played classes much worse than maras in 5.0.

What you guys are discussing isn't a true balance issue, because maras are still relatively balanced. It's just that you're understandably disturbed that maras aren't fotm anymore. That's fine, but you shouldn't pretend that it's a balance issue.

Seterade
11.14.2019 , 06:44 PM | #23
nerf paper, scissors is fine

-sincerely rock

Spasi
11.14.2019 , 06:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
I agree that merc was better than mara. That's why I said "one of the top" etc.

And maybe your damage is comparatively lower than it was, but maras get to stealth out a lot more frequently, and still can get good damage in. Good maras will still have success in ranked, i guarantee it. You're not going to find any sympathy from those of us that played classes much worse than maras in 5.0.

What you guys are discussing isn't a true balance issue, because maras are still relatively balanced. It's just that you're understandably disturbed that maras aren't fotm anymore. That's fine, but you shouldn't pretend that it's a balance issue.
Dont you dare call me FotM player i have played mara/sentinel through thick and thin.I played it when it was good and when it was basically unplayable.Even when it was 5.10 and fury was op i didn't play it because it wasn't fun to me, i was carnage.I am just annoyed its going back to sentinels being garbo unless played in a specific way. I am not annoyed that its not FotM anymore i am annoyed that its BORING. I am slashing and ppl with all my might and decent gear and i cant make a dent in them.These are supposed to be lightsabers dammit not hollow sticks.Besides i never actually said i only want maras buffed.Hell, damage should be increased by at least 10% for everyone aside from sins. Sins are the only class i think are performing what they should be damage wise. Don't confuse me with an average 5.10 merc player. Mara/Sent is MY class i like it and i play it.Its just i wanna play Star Wars not tickle wars.

JediMasterAlex
11.14.2019 , 06:55 PM | #25
Dont you dare call me FotM player i have played mara/sentinel through thick and thin.I played it when it was good and when it was basically unplayable.Even when it was 5.10 and fury was op i didn't play it because it wasn't fun to me, i was carnage.I am just annoyed its going back to sentinels being garbo unless played in a specific way. I am not annoyed that its not FotM anymore i am annoyed that its BORING. I am slashing and ppl with all my might and decent gear and i cant make a dent in them.These are supposed to be lightsabers dammit not hollow sticks.Besides i never actually said i only want maras buffed.Hell, damage should be increased by at least 10% for everyone aside from sins. Sins are the only class i think are performing what they should be damage wise. Don't confuse me with an average 5.10 merc player. Mara/Sent is MY class i like it and i play it.Its just i wanna play Star Wars not tickle wars.
I wasn't accusing you of being a reroller or anything like that. I was only ever talking about the class itself when I said it was fotm. I respect carnage players too, there weren't many around.

Flamenfrom
11.14.2019 , 07:26 PM | #26
Imo
Carnage should be buffed either the burst window or some sort of cc imu(root/stun-something to help them dps,chase and not being able to be shut down so easily)
Fury - it's ok in pvp overperforming in pve (if some changes are needed- lower the sustained dmg up the burst dmg)
Anni- good in pve weak in pvp probably don't touch to break the balance

Nickodemous
11.14.2019 , 09:24 PM | #27
I think fury is fine.What needs to be done is heavily buff carnage so that it becomes an actual burst spec not a 50k crit with 10 s. set up that by the time you complete the enemy already has you slowed, stunned, netted, castrated and so on.Carnage should have been the pvp spec to begin with. It should be carnage doing those infamous 80k crits ppl are crying about not sins. I already said that i think damage is too low this patch in another forum post especially for marauders. Its just fury is the one that doesn't suck all too much.Annihilation is worthless in pvp and carnage is a joke. If you think about it this is the fourth nerf that Carnage has received in a roll.
While i dont agree with crying that maras suck now, cause it doesn't due to fury being decent, i think the class does too little damage overall and needs buffs for pvp especially carnage and annihilation.
I agree, carnage is garbage now, a dumpster fire. Swatting around two wet noodles. I resisted and respec'd rage.....dum du dum dum dumb.....it takes little to know talent....like the ole smash version.
Clandestu TyranticusTyranticus
Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord - Elite Warlord

The Harbinger - POT5 - Jedi Covenant

omaan
11.15.2019 , 06:11 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by sdom View Post
I'd prefer to make them fix it, because not doing so sets a bad precedence for every class. Its not fair.
There could be many ways devs decided to kill mara: useless tacticals, useless set bonuses, useless new ability etc. I think the reason mara was destroyed is partially because of useless set bonuses (yeah blade blitz crit while in camouflage is beyond any joke while dec. Sins got super stacking dps increase set) and new ability - it works only on meele attacks but fury has half of attacks as force.

I think devs killed mara intentionally by giving him bad set and half decent new ability

omaan
11.15.2019 , 06:20 AM | #29
What I'm saying is, fury maras were one of the top specs in ranked for a long time. Now, it seems like they're no longer one of the top specs in ranked. But they're still decent. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that to me.

Yet, you seem to be saying that mara needs to be one of the top classes in ranked for all time. And that's the part that seems silly to me.

You might be right about carnage though, I have very little knowledge of that
In previous threads i already proved ur not a ranked player. Pls stop pretending to be one. Mara wasn't that super fotm in ranked it was worse than merc, oper and required tonnes of skill to win (except for healer games where mara dominated but heal games weren't that often). If mara got caught in 4 dps game in stun chain he is dead. Esp if enemy team had a merc. Running away to regen in camo often didn't work due to chasing from opers or combat not dissapearing because of game issues. Plus in some arenas like rishi cove chasing mara was easy for even the slowest classes (arena is small and mostly nowhere to run/hide).

UltraFlashStar
11.15.2019 , 06:24 AM | #30
lmao, love the star wars twist.
Yeah, thatís going to be my new signature
Coppes Spacer
ďLet me play you a sad song on the galaxyís smallest xantha.Ē