If only 1 class of the 8 woulbe be canonical fo KotFE and on, which one would be?

Balinus

Since all 8 classes got the same story, all of them are outlander, which of them would u think shold be the ''most'' canonical? I sinceraly believe that any non force user shouldnt be canonical, since they could never be powerful enought to challenge big bosses like Arcann, for example. And i think the only class that really fits is the JK, since he is the only one with a backstory with Vitiate, so u can understand the link between them. What are you guys thoughts?

the Jedi Consular is the one used in all of the promotional trailers. Maybe Bioware thinks he (because it's always a dude) is the canonical outlander?

For my part, I can see how some people would assume the most canonical outlander is the Jedi Knight, but I don't think those people have played imp side. It is clear that a lot more tlc and effort went into making the imp stories really well done. The Sith Warrior had the most relevant experiences pertaining to Vitiate and his plans, imo, so I'll go with that. The Inquisitor is a contender as well. I say that mostly because of the superficial similarities between the Inquisitor and Vitiate's background; I can see how some of Vitiate's plans would have begun to revolve around a kindred spirit near the end.

Disregarding force users, I can actually see how the other classes can get along just fine in the expansions. They'd have difficulty standing up to Vaylin and Arcann on their own, sure, but they're not on their own during any of the relevant battles. I really enjoyed the story, playing as an Imperial Agent, and I'm looking forward to a Smuggler and a Trooper run.

Edited by gragnongoth

the Jedi Consular is the one used in all of the promotional trailers. Maybe Bioware thinks he (because it's always a dude) is the canonical outlander?

For my part, I can see how some people would assume the most canonical outlander is the Jedi Knight, but I don't think those people have played imp side. It is clear that a lot more tlc and effort went into making the imp stories really well done. The Sith Warrior had the most relevant experiences pertaining to Vitiate and his plans, imo, so I'll go with that. The Inquisitor is a contender as well. I say that mostly because of the superficial similarities between the Inquisitor and Vitiate's background; I can see how some of Vitiate's plans would have begun to revolve around a kindred spirit near the end.

Disregarding force users, I can actually see how the other classes can get along just fine in the expansions. They'd have difficulty standing up to Vaylin and Arcann on their own, sure, but they're not on their own during any of the relevant battles. I really enjoyed the story, playing as an Imperial Agent, and I'm looking forward to a Smuggler and a Trooper run.

Didnt knew that about the JC, but he doesnt has anything to do with the Emperor. The Wrath is fine too, but Inquisitor? I dont see why.

Wrath was choosen by the emperor's hand, and later on decides not to participate in Vitiates plans, so i can see him interacting well with Valkorion.

Didnt knew that about the JC, but he doesnt has anything to do with the Emperor. The Wrath is fine too, but Inquisitor? I dont see why.

Wrath was choosen by the emperor's hand, and later on decides not to participate in Vitiates plans, so i can see him interacting well with Valkorion.

Spoilers since someone may not have played the stories.

While the Knight does kill the Emperor's Voice, the Voice is in a weakened state at the time, the Consular defeats the Emperor's First Son, either killing them or shielding them from the Emperor's influence. The First Son is an alternate personality of the Emperor and empowered by the Emperor.

Edited by ceryxp

Spoilers since someone may not have played the stories.

While the Knight does kill the Emperor's Voice, the Voice is in a weakened state at the time, the Consular defeats the Emperor's First Son, either killing them or shielding them from the Emperor's influence. The First Son is an alternate personality of the Emperor and empowered by the Emperor.

Still u dont get to face the Emperor, the Knight does and the whole storyline of chapter 3 is dedicated to the emperor.

The Inquisitor is rare in that he/she has an innate ability to draw and attract spirits. He/she is a Force Walker, which would be a highly desirable trait for Valkorian/Vitiate to seek in a host. Even more so, he/she was rebuilt by Ashaa, the Mother Machine, on Belsavis, so the body can withstand the containment of more than one spirit at a time. Going further, the Inquisitor is the only person that resonates with the arrays on Rishi, ones said to contain the ability to grant eternal life.

Mystical stuff aside, the Inquisitor is a member of the Dark Council, a leader of the people, and has his/her own personal fleet of superweapon-equipped warships (Silencers). And the Inquisitor is really the class that has the most rapport with Darth Marr. He talks to everybody, but he treats the Inquisitor as an equal, and even says that he/s he is the only one he can trust.

So yeah, if I had to cast a vote, I'd say the Sith Inquisitor.

The Inquisitor is rare in that he/she has an innate ability to draw and attract spirits. He/she is a Force Walker, which would be a highly desirable trait for Valkorian/Vitiate to seek in a host. Even more so, he/she was rebuilt by Ashaa, the Mother Machine, on Belsavis, so the body can withstand the containment of more than one spirit at a time. Going further, the Inquisitor is the only person that resonates with the arrays on Rishi, ones said to contain the ability to grant eternal life.

Mystical stuff aside, the Inquisitor is a member of the Dark Council, a leader of the people, and has his/her own personal fleet of superweapon-equipped warships (Silencers). And the Inquisitor is really the class that has the most rapport with Darth Marr. He talks to everybody, but he treats the Inquisitor as an equal, and even says that he/s he is the only one he can trust.

But the whole deal with the outlander ''amusing'' and the emperor finding him entertaining to me seems more fit for the Knight. They really seem to know each other, and the Knight had the Emperor in his thoughts for a long time. But i only did the JK one and beginning of the smugler, need to do at least chapter 2 with both sith.

And i dont think the mystical thing is relevant. Every force user is above average, and Valkorion will enter the player anyway.

Still u dont get to face the Emperor, the Knight does and the whole storyline of chapter 3 is dedicated to the emperor.

It is important to note that the Voice is not the Emperor, but the current host that the Emperor is using.

Also, the Voice that the Knight faces is the current host following the events of Voss where the Emperor was imprisoned and stuck doing battle with Sel Makor until released by the Sith Warrior. Whenever a Voice died, the essence of the Emperor would be released and Servant Two of the Emperor's Hand would secure a new host to serve as Voice and help the Emperor take control. It's unknown how the process of assuming control of a host affects the Emperor (although we do get a glimpse in FE/ET), but it is known that the Emperor's imprisonment on Voss and battle with Sel Makor left the Emperor weakened. Conversely, the Emperor's First Son is an aspect of the Emperor, infused with the Emperor's power, and bound to his will. The First Son has, perhaps not the equal of, but the power of the Emperor, as well as a mental connection to the Emperor. So, while the Knight did face the Emperor, or as close to it, the Consular did face an aspect of the Emperor.

But the whole deal with the outlander ''amusing'' and the emperor finding him entertaining to me seems more fit for the Knight. They really seem to know each other, and the Knight had the Emperor in his thoughts for a long time. But i only did the JK one and beginning of the smugler, need to do at least chapter 2 with both sith.

And i dont think the mystical thing is relevant. Every force user is above average, and Valkorion will enter the player anyway.

This is all boiling down to arguments for your favorite class.

In terms of "above average," the Inquisitor is *way* up here, while the others are *down here*, and this is because of the mystical reasons I mentioned above. If you haven't played the Inquisitor storyline, then I wouldn't expect you would be aware. I don't want to spoil anything for you, but the Inquisitor is totes powerful by the end...unless you go Light, in that you give it all away. My canon Inquisitor is Grey, so she ended up only losing some of it.

Edited by Dracofish

I agree. Yeah other force classes can have a history with the Emporer but it's a history Vitiate had buried. Valkorian was prepared to move on beyond the Empire and Republic, it makes no sense to hang on to pawns (Sith Warrior) et al. The SI had no prior history with him, plus a body that is capable of housing spirits with the possibility of immortality. Why waste time trying to convince old enemies and a tossed away pawn to trust him when a possible immortal body with no prior baggage is waiting for the taking?

Isn't it the knight that's used in the trailers?

Since all 8 classes got the same story, all of them are outlander, which of them would u think shold be the ''most'' canonical? I sinceraly believe that any non force user shouldnt be canonical, since they could never be powerful enought to challenge big bosses like Arcann, for example. And i think the only class that really fits is the JK, since he is the only one with a backstory with Vitiate, so u can understand the link between them. What are you guys thoughts?

Knight is very likely the outlander. I say that as someone who is not the knight fan :p

Consular and Inquisitor imo would be the ones I'd say work best for it. However, both those classes I also feel are canonically female (could totally be wrong on the Inquisitor, don't think so on the Consular) and Vitiate may not want to live life as an immortal woman.

Knight is very likely the outlander. I say that as someone who is not the knight fan :p

Consular and Inquisitor imo would be the ones I'd say work best for it. However, both those classes I also feel are canonically female (could totally be wrong on the Inquisitor, don't think so on the Consular) and Vitiate may not want to live life as an immortal woman.

The Force and Destiny core rulebook for the FFG Star Wars RPG alluded to the Barsen'thor being male.

Out of all the stories the JK is the most used in the trailers and is most likely the canonical story. Spend literally most of the story finding ways to defeat the Emperor. Second would be rhe Sith Warrior, tie for SI and JC. After that, non force users make zero sense.

Honestly I'd of had 2 stories. 1 for force users, and 1 for non force users.

Both stories are intertwined. So lets say you pick the SW. You get to also pick 1 of the Non force classes say you pick the IA. You see the IA in chapter 1, either a just standard base lvl 60 like you'd just used a token, or if you have an IA that far up, you could pick your own.

IA runs off to another sector as you do chapter 1 as normal. Get to the end where you're broken out by Lana, and there is the IA. IA goes off to distract or something and the chapters go on as normal with the IA either being a companion a la Vette during chapter 15 till you get to odessen. Then you can either start using your IA or SW depending on the mission(ch 12 well still have to go make your special saber). Of course during specific missions you must play as the SW.

Now the flip side you chose say the BH and same rules apply, you could pick the JC as the (outlander) and you could play the other side of the story. You fight in a different section, making sure people get off the ship. You make it to the escape pod as your ship also escapes, but you get caught and taken to a holding facility. Lana and Koth break you out, then you help them break out the "Outlander". Then you go around helping said Outlander becoming basically his top general. And again when the Outlander goes to build special saber, you're actually on the mission to help Havok and Kaliyo.

Stuff like that so that the non force sensitive classes get more of a story that makes sense vs shoe horning the non force sensitive classes into a story that makes zero sense.

We already know that the Emperor has inhabited the bodies of many species of any gender since he was Tenebrae. Typically, his host bodies don't last long, Valkorion being the exception. I'm pretty sure that gender doesn't exactly matter to him, only power.

Edited by Dracofish

We already know that the Emperor has inhabited the bodies of many species of any gender since he was Tenebrae. Typically, his host bodies don't last long, Valkorion being the exception. I'm pretty sure that gender doesn't exactly matter to him, only power.

That's an interesting, if slightly off topic, point. It's assumed/believed/known (not exactly sure if there's a definitive source) that Voices didn't last long due to the dark side corruption of hosting the Emperor's spirit, and that Valkorion lived so long because the Emperor shielded him from that corruption. Perhaps, because Valkorion was shielded and didn't get the full Emperor experience, that's why he acted so differently and seemed to be such a different person whereas the Emperor's Voices were so consistent throughout the ages. I think that each of the force users has a case for being a potential flesh suit for old Tene, but the above, if true, could make a solid case for the Inquisitor as the Inquisitor's body was altered to make it able to host multiple force entities.

The Knight fits best because prior to Ziost and KotFE, he or she has been the Emperor's primary enemy. They've also battled before and it is quite possible that the Knight was being groomed for possession prior to being freed by Scourge.

That gives the Knight a much more personal connection to Vitiate than everyone but the Wrath, who was the Emperor's "muscle." Scourge also says he had a vision that the Knight would be the one to vanquish the Emperor, so a Knight Outlander feels a bit like the fulfillment of a Force prophecy.

I'd be willing to bet that behind the scenes parts of the scrapped plans for the Knight's class story were recycled into KotFE.

Any of the Force users work however, even if not as good a fit as the Knight. It's the muggle classes that have major problems. None of them feel right as the Outlander particularly the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The Force and Destiny core rulebook for the FFG Star Wars RPG alluded to the Barsen'thor being male.

You know, you're right, I believe I read that at one point and finding it odd, as I felt the Consular fit well with female.

Also makes things kinda sad feeling.

Smuggler we know is meant to be male. Trooper and Knight feel the same way as well. The only one that felt could possibly be female then, would've been the Consular and that RPG would say other wise.

You know, you're right, I believe I read that at one point and finding it odd, as I felt the Consular fit well with female.

Smuggler we know is meant to be male. Trooper and Knight feel the same way as well. The only one that felt could possibly be female then, would've been the Consular and that RPG would say other wise.

All I know is that ever since KOTOR and Revan I've never correctly picked the canon gender as the one I associate the character with in my head, I even got it wrong in Jedi Academy where it was human male as canon. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they came out and said that every one of the 8 classes was in canon a human male. :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Warrior. Obviously. Not only does he already have a strong connection to Valkorion but also the later alliance with the Empire makes sense when it's him instead of Knight (who I think is the second best option).

If there was something you could change, I wish the Outlander wasn't forced to automatically hate Valkorion so much. It's difficult to avoid that kind of dialogue throughout the two expansions. My Wrath only hated his old master at the very end, but before that he still kind of hoped that Valkorion would keep his word and all that... because his entire life he had been told that the Emperor is supreme, god-like, and he didn't quite honestly ever believe he could defeat Valkorion (nor did he truly want to, but - like Baras - Valkorion forced his hand).

Edited by ruffolofi

All I know is that ever since KOTOR and Revan I've never correctly picked the canon gender as the one I associate the character with in my head, I even got it wrong in Jedi Academy where it was human male as canon. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they came out and said that every one of the 8 classes was in canon a human male. :rolleyes:

Inquisitor has got to be female. Has to be! *sigh* It's probably not. :(

Though I feel you're wrong on the human aspect. Smuggler feels like it's obviously supposed to be Mirian (green skinned ones), as the chat option to say "I'm Chiss." works so much better with them, when the come back is, "Wait, aren't they blue?"

It could always change with a later source. It quite often does in the EU.

In any case I fully agree with you that a female Consular seems more fitting than male. Besides, she's got much better voice acting. :cool:

How do we know that about the Smuggler?