Stun Wars: The Frozen Republic

wrank

I'm sick of seeing this topic posted cant you guys just L2p

Instead of all the tears

All I get from these thread is pvp is to hard I'm stunlocked 24/7 with no escape

Not one person complaining explains the situation that lead them to be cc to death No mention of your cc breaker no defensive cooldowns no counter cc

You're all just helpless kittens

Edited by denpic

STUNWARS KNOCKBACK is the current game in PVP today.

Niether STUNS or KNOCKBACK are fun to deal with so BioWare how about giving everyone more of these?

This sums up WZ now. WE NEED MORE LETS ADD 30M KNOCK BACK AND CC AND STUNS THAT LAST 15+ SECOND SEEING IT FEELS LIKE THAT NOW. We can just CC/Stun Knockback everyone 24/7 and the winners are the ones that got CC/STun knocked back the most, Removing the actual fighting in favor of this is WAY MORE FUN

End of sarcastic rant

it is a simple fix really, but bioware doesn't want to do it.

1. lower all classes anti-cc cooldown to 1 minute.

2. make ALL cc's break on damage. no exceptions for some classes/abilties and not others.

3. make the max duration of every cc 4 seconds.

4. increase the AoE cc's cooldowns or make them single target only (exclude knockbacks, as you can still control your char after a kb)

5. put both the target as well as the person who uses that sleep dart/mind trap in combat so they cannot chain use them, or completely full resolve with it.

Well if you weren't going to win anyway...

And if they chose to blow their stuns on what was going to be an easy kill anyway it's their problem. 10 seconds later your team could show up and they have stuns on cooldown.

The point is that you don't get to do anything. You can't harrass the 2 or 3, escape them, delay them, use your own heals/defenses to survive long enough for reinforcements (coming 10 seconds later?), hurt one of them or otherwise actually play the game. You get to watch the respawn button pop up. There's a small amount of skill involved with timing the ccs to keep your character locked up for 8 seconds or so (no, not really - a few classes can do it solo) but basically there's no skill on either side of the fight, assuming your anti-cc button is on cooldown... if it isn't there's a small amount of skill but if they're any good you will have to watch your resolve bar fill up while being cc'd and by that time, with no way to defend yourself, you will probably be dead or as good as dead anyways when you hit your anti-cc button.

Edited by WaywardOne

Frequently spawn, run out, get stunned until I die. Then sit in the respawn room and watch the resolve bar tick down.

Its a rampant problem against any republic team. And quite a few imp teams.

Crafted grenades are completely out of control.

I also frequently watch myself with full resolve get stunned locked and rooted.

27 stuns in a 6 min huttball match tonight.

... 1 person is supposed to die versus 2 people. 1v2 = dead

1v1 is supposed to be a skill of player wins scenario.

And it should never be 1v3 and expects to win. Yet.. BW made it possible for commandos. That's a bit off on class balance.

The stuns and CC are balanced nicely to shutdown wrecking ball marauders (who can do 20k dps in 3 seconds) and troopers.

I play a sorcerer whose dps tree is supposed to be dangerous too, force lighning ticks at 2600 in pve and only 600 in pvp. Its clearly broken.

Chisaineko

lolwut? commandos are the easiest kills in the game. 3v1? heh. no.

incidentally, 1v1 does not reflect skill per se. certain classes will always have advantages over others. it is a kind of rock, paper, scissors. there's a hybrid shadow/sin that absolutely pwns 1v1. most classes have no shot against it unless the player messes up.

Edited by foxmob

The point is that you don't get to do anything. You can't harrass the 2 or 3, escape them, delay them, use your own heals/defenses to survive long enough for reinforcements (coming 10 seconds later?), hurt one of them or otherwise actually play the game.

I do it all the time. Perhaps you're just not a good harasser.

You get to watch the respawn button pop up. There's a small amount of skill involved with timing the ccs to keep your character locked up for 8 seconds or so (no, not really - a few classes can do it solo) but basically there's no skill on either side of the fight, assuming your anti-cc button is on cooldown...

Good combat management is by itself a skill. It's an important element along with situational awareness that makes up the general tactics required to survive in game... not to mention your assumption that you would meet someone who has two stuns (which is actually only one class, one specific build type) while you don't have access to your CC breaker, can easily be reversed. The enemy could equally, as well, have used up one of his stuns prior to the fight, or even better, you could've stunned him first to keep the stunned-twice-in-a-row disadvantage to a minimum.

Because, clearly, there are people -- including myself -- who suffer from none of these 'symptoms' thrown out from the CC/resolve complainers.

So unless we are: (A) blatantly lying, or (B) using hacks ...clearly there is something we do that the complainers cannot, and something we know that the complainers do not. That something is what we define as "skill".

...if it isn't there's a small amount of skill but if they're any good you will have to watch your resolve bar fill up while being cc'd and by that time, with no way to defend yourself, you will probably be dead or as good as dead anyways.

So avoid falling under such a situation in the first place. We call that 'tactics'.

Feels satisfying for the enemy im sure

That's more than enough reason for them not to be able to do it. Why should I care what's satisfying for the other team? Screw those guys. I hope they all die in a fire. CC should be completely unavailable for anyone who isn't on my team.

In all seriousness (though seriously screw those guys.) If you're gonna say "just use your CC Break" then the cooldown needs to be a lot shorter. Why is my stun up every minute but my break is only up ever 2?

I'd also like the resolve system changed slightly to where 8 seconds of stun gives full resolve, but it only ticks as you are actually CCd. So like if you got hit with an 8s mezz and someone breaks it after 4, then it only gives you half a resolve bar, whereas if it goes the full duration you're now at full resolve. The Hard Stuns could add theirs immediately as well. I'd also like to see Full Resolve last longer if it's going to be so much harder to get full resolve in the first place.

As much as they annoy me to no end when they happen to me I agree that the various CC abilities are very important to good tactical play that isn't just a massive DPS race on both sides. It keeps things interesting for sure, but there's a balancing act because as others have said, BEING CC'd, especially stun/mezzed is the opposite of fun.

Well as anyone know by now, the reason the game have lost 80% of the PvP player base is:

1 Stunlocking/resolve fail.

2 Ilum 1.1 disaster/lack of open world pvp after.

3 Low TTK, unheroic gameplay.

4 Expertise.

5 Unbalanced classes,half the AC not wanted in rated.

6 Gear grind.

7 Developers favoring Empire classes.

8 Total lack of communication with the PvP playerbase and PvP updates.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

<< I do it all the time. Perhaps you're just not a good harasser. >>

Someone says "2 or 3 v 1 I was going to lose anyways so what diff does it make", I say "lots of difference, cc stops you from doing this this and this even if you're not going to ultimately solo 3 players" and you say "but I can do this this and this vs 2-3 players"... Not if those 2-3 players are cc'ing you; sure, sometimes they don't.

<<

Good combat management is by itself a skill. It's an important element along with situational awareness that makes up the general tactics required to survive in game... not to mention your assumption that you would meet someone who has two stuns (which is actually only one class, one specific build type) while you don't have access to your CC breaker, can easily be reversed. The enemy could equally, as well, have used up one of his stuns prior to the fight, or even better, you could've stunned him first to keep the stunned-twice-in-a-row disadvantage to a minimum.

Because, clearly, there are people -- including myself -- who suffer from none of these 'symptoms' thrown out from the CC/resolve complainers.

So unless we are: (A) blatantly lying, or (B) using hacks ...clearly there is something we do that the complainers cannot, and something we know that the complainers do not. That something is what we define as "skill".

>>

I think it's a perception issue with people like you. Either you're staying in stealth for half a fight, or staying at range (or both) or you're running with a regular group that consistently ccs the enemy first. Or you're fighting very crappy players. And some people get used to being cc'd a lot and/or possibly like it. In any population there's going to be a small percentage of people that are nuts. My guess is that by far the highest percentage of players (including the majority of the very good pvpers) does not like the excessive cc in this game. I can't prove that but I can point to dozens of threads on these boards and almost any others that talk about swtor pvp. I've shown random non-players some of my wzs and they have often volunteered comments like "that looks like fun" while my character is thrashing on the screen only to be knocked back and mezzed immediately afterwards.

<<

So avoid falling under such a situation in the first place. We call that 'tactics'.

>>

I call it "not playing SWTOR pvp" which is looking like the smarter option now that I consider it.

Edited by WaywardOne

As an aside, what class is your Main? For example, my Vanguard and Sniper don't mind the present system at all because they are rarely (especially after 1.4) harrassed with CC. My Shadow, Mara and Scoundrel, on the other hand, can't stand the system because it's a grey-bar fest.

My two mains are a 'Gunslinger'; who doesn't suffer from a cc problem because of immunity to interupts from cover, immunity to CCs from hunker down and there is no point in rooting him.

And the other is a 'Mercenary'. He gets CCed more and the 'Jet Escape' talent which lowers his CC breaker cooldown by 30 secondes helps a little, but he spends most of him time in the back anyway.

I have been playing a 'Guardian' lately (LvL 36) and I would think that this class gets CCed the most but in his case that only happends like I said when he is dog-pilled. So if I see there is a cluster of them I usually... Leap > Force Push > Saberthrow > Leap ... so that way it's 1v1 (temporarily) but if the rest chase me I'm done for anyway.

Nobody is asking for a perfect system. People are just asking for a system that is more fun. Being grey-barred simply isn't fun. Period.

BW can actually kill two birds with one stone, and even appeal to players like yourselves that like the additional tactical dynamic that CC brings to combat, by decreasing the cooldown on our CC Breaker.

Agreed. This is an exaggeration, but I never stated this. And I already said that dying/death has nothing to do with it. I don't think the majority of players would mind dying at all if they could go down fighting.

I get it. You pay your own sub and are entitled to your opinion on the game's mechanics. However, the fact of the matter is that this game in particular is an MMO, and as such, is in a constant state of change. The gameplay can be improved, and the Devs can improve it. They won't know to do so unless players give their feedback on things they like or don't like. Thank the maker players weren't satisifed and accepted how PvP was in this game at launch. Change is a good thing, and CC in this game can be changed for the better.

Alright, so let's agree that the system could be improved. You find the system more frustrating than I do at the moment, and we both have to live with it until a developer has a brilliant idea of how to fix it.

The point is that you don't get to do anything. You can't harrass the 2 or 3, escape them, delay them, use your own heals/defenses to survive long enough for reinforcements (coming 10 seconds later?), hurt one of them or otherwise actually play the game. You get to watch the respawn button pop up. There's a small amount of skill involved with timing the ccs to keep your character locked up for 8 seconds or so (no, not really - a few classes can do it solo) but basically there's no skill on either side of the fight, assuming your anti-cc button is on cooldown... if it isn't there's a small amount of skill but if they're any good you will have to watch your resolve bar fill up while being cc'd and by that time, with no way to defend yourself, you will probably be dead or as good as dead anyways when you hit your anti-cc button.

Some classes are built to harrass.

Any class that can vanish like a shadow or an operative are good at that. Classes that can be temporarily immune to some CCs can also do the same, such as gunslingers, juggernauts and vanguards.

Maybe that's built in the system. Some classes are good at huttball more than others and some are better at holding off enemies and being on defense on nodes.

Edited by Lionflash

^Exactly!

The current mechanics of the stun/resolve system are FUBAR.

When its possible for a couple of friends to band together in a warzone and camp a respawn site and actually prevent people from even having a chance to play their character in that warzone, it's FUBAR, plain and simple.

As the title says "Stun Wars, the Frozen Republic" is very appropriate.

Edited by Zovyn