Ranking/Favorite Classes

CaptainPann

~Hey everyone!

I know this isn't an original thread, but I figure I'd still ask what everyone's favorite classes were and why (and or ranking them). I'd like to also include stories, abilities, etc. when ranking or discussing them to see and discuss. For me I'd have to say Sith Warrior, Sith Sorcerer, Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular, Smuggler, Trooper (light/dark), Bounty Hunter.

~Thanks!

My favorite 2 are knight and agent (guardian and operative). Knight because it's essentially kotor 3, which is what I originally came to swtor looking for. Agent because it's simply a good story. I like the interplay with the sith, the loyalty/betrayal sub arc, etc.

I'll ignore the storylines and focus on gameplay itself:

KNIGHT / WARRIOR: I don't find its gameplay terribly exciting. It leads, for a reason or other, to overload of abilities and DCDs etc. I am also not a big fan of their resource mechanic. But when playing something rather obvious and easy to build energy with like Watchman, Focus or Concentration...it can be fun. Am ambivalent to Vigilance and don't like Combat at all. Maybe I could like the new Combat? /hm Anyhow: Sentinel > Guard

CONSULAR / INQUISITOR: Now, these are more up my alley. Sage is very relaxing to play(though wouldn't say no to more buffs especially for TkT / Ltng) while Shadow...eh they ruined how I liked to play it. Because you can't Tele Throw anymore in Serenity...meh. Don't get me wrong, both are fun. It's just...I don't care for Kinetic combat at all. Somehow it's the most boring tank. I especially like Infiltration, it's so fun! Still: Sage > Shadow

TROOPER / BH: Apart from the state Vanguard / PT finds itself in, these two are perhaps my favorite pair. I like both of these classes almost equally and jumping in as a Van / PT tank only to blow / burn everything...so fun. I don't like their and Agent resource systems as much as Consular's. It's a mighty shame the state Van / PT finds itself in though. It used to be so fun, now it's just...weird.

SMUGGLER / AGENT: Another very good pair. Sniper and Gunslinger are like a more effective version of Sage, equally relaxing yet way more effective. The point is, I feel totally in control with a Sniper and I LIKE that VERY MUCH! Disciplines wise, I am perhaps the biggest fan of Sharpshooter / Marksman and Scrapper / Concealment. Both feel fast paced and very efficient. I am especially a huge fan of Marksman because, imo, that is how a SNIPER should function like. Concealment is just silly, but somehow kinetic and satisfying. IT'S WOW ROGUE IN DISGUISE(ALERT ALERT!) :p

Imo: Trooper > Smuggler ~ Consular > Knight

1. Marksmanship

2. Engineering

3. Focus

4. Watchman

5. Infiltration

I'll ignore the storylines and focus on gameplay itself:

KNIGHT / WARRIOR: I don't find its gameplay terribly exciting. It leads, for a reason or other, to overload of abilities and DCDs etc. I am also not a big fan of their resource mechanic. But when playing something rather obvious and easy to build energy with like Watchman, Focus or Concentration...it can be fun. Am ambivalent to Vigilance and don't like Combat at all. Maybe I could like the new Combat? /hm Anyhow: Sentinel > Guard

CONSULAR / INQUISITOR: Now, these are more up my alley. Sage is very relaxing to play(though wouldn't say no to more buffs especially for TkT / Ltng) while Shadow...eh they ruined how I liked to play it. Because you can't Tele Throw anymore in Serenity...meh. Don't get me wrong, both are fun. It's just...I don't care for Kinetic combat at all. Somehow it's the most boring tank. I especially like Infiltration, it's so fun! Still: Sage > Shadow

TROOPER / BH: Apart from the state Vanguard / PT finds itself in, these two are perhaps my favorite pair. I like both of these classes almost equally and jumping in as a Van / PT tank only to blow / burn everything...so fun. I don't like their and Agent resource systems as much as Consular's. It's a mighty shame the state Van / PT finds itself in though. It used to be so fun, now it's just...weird.

SMUGGLER / AGENT: Another very good pair. Sniper and Gunslinger are like a more effective version of Sage, equally relaxing yet way more effective. The point is, I feel totally in control with a Sniper and I LIKE that VERY MUCH! Disciplines wise, I am perhaps the biggest fan of Sharpshooter / Marksman and Scrapper / Concealment. Both feel fast paced and very efficient. I am especially a huge fan of Marksman because, imo, that is how a SNIPER should function like. Concealment is just silly, but somehow kinetic and satisfying. IT'S WOW ROGUE IN DISGUISE(ALERT ALERT!) :p

Imo: Trooper > Smuggler ~ Consular > Knight

1. Marksmanship

2. Engineering

3. Focus

4. Watchman

5. Infiltration

That's a really nice ranking there :sul_wink:

My favourite class is definitely Operative from Imperial Agent story, which was the best in the whole game imho. The skills are way nicer compared to it's republic equivalent - smuggler. It's more fun slashing the boss with vibroknife than punching and kicking the operation boss for 10min lol. The voice actors for agent, both male and female are outstanding.

My top 5:

1. Operative

2. Sith Assassin

3. Jedi Guardian

4. Gunslinger

5. Sith Warrior

Honestly it's hard to do a ranking considering voice actors, skills, story ect. I think every class has it's fun moments. Everyone hates consular story, but I loved it and it's my 2nd favourite after agents. :)

On gameplay:

Gunnery Commando. (Arsenal Merc not quite as much because 2pistols << One Honking Big Gun.)

Infil Shadow and its Inq equivalent (disk of death FTW!)

Lightning Sorc for the zappery (TK Sage not so much, lightning >>> pebbles.)

Vigiguard / Veanjugg

KC (tank) Shadow is OK, not great.

The others all show up in a big clump after.

Operative and Scoundrel go way down low, just alongside VG/PT.

I always find it easier to do the boss fights with either the double bladed or two blades when it comes to my force users.

None force users, anything I can throw from a distance. or two pistols/blasters.

I think I enjoy the majority of the classes, the only one I don't really like is the BH. It is an ok story but I don't remember too much that was that was remarkable. Other then a few of the npcs and the companions.

Gameplay I would go with two blades/double blade (when it comes to the force users)

Non force users the ones where you can shoot from a distance and the two blasters. I am finding I Like the big barrel that the trooper uses.

Story wise

Republic: I can't say I an order them in a way because I really enjoy them all. Yes I am a republic girl all the way.

Smuggler

Trooper

Counselor

Knight

Empire:

Warrior

Inquisitor

agent, though i find some of the chapter 2 and 3 offputing, I really really hate the end boss person. (way too much of one of those cartoon villians who thinks they are more special then they really are)

BH: eh I will do it for the cartell coins and full legacy. The majority of the campanions are cool. Not a bad story persay but hmm I don't know it isn't one of my favorites. Though I do like all the companions well except Skadge. I am rerolling a BH so I might change my mind.

Edited by LeelaSeventen

In order 1 though 8

1. Inquisitor

2. Jedi Knight

3. Agent

4. Warrior

5.Bounty Hunter

6.Consular

7. Trooper

8. Smuggler

All the imperial stories feel more driven by the characters, and honestly, the smuggler bored me to tears in acts 2 and 3, and the Trooper is a little too generic.