Why is Darth Baras fat?

TROOGDOOR

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're refering to Threat of Peace, that web comic series is based on almost an entire generation before the current events of TOR. A physically fit younger man can easily become a porty middle aged person.

Yet if you're refering to the concept of having an over wenght Sith Lord, then that's another subject. While many people hate Baras because of his weight, I actually like him for it. His persona for a starting SW comes off like am indulgent older uncle figure, which fits his chubby body. Also Baras is an in-game example that shows people that a Sith doesn't have to remain in top physical condition to retain their power and influence. To be honest, that adds a level of complexity to the Sith that we don't usually see in TOR.

If you're refering to Threat of Peace, that web comic series is based on almost an entire generation before the current events of TOR. A physically fit younger man can easily become a porty middle aged person.

Ah OK that makes sense. I always thought it was funny how his armor is built around his curves lol

Honestly I think it's cool they represent all body sizes for Iconic characters. As a chubbers myself it gives me a costume to make for Celebration (Official Star Wars Convention.) So I personally think it's awesome.

Darth Baras is big, in the vein of Darth Vader.

Unfortunately, there are only 4 character models in the game, very limited. They do this to make it easier to make all the TONS of loot you need in an MMORPG, so they have less work for EACH piece and can have more pieces total.

The problem is, the ONLY body model that isn't athletic and fit is one which is CARTOONISHLY fat.

They could *really* use a more realistic heavy character model.

It works on a very, very few cases. There's a twi'lek fat guy I remember that looked okay, because he's an alien.

The thing is: The fat body model looks like it comes from The Clone Wars animated cartoon, whereas the rest of the game goes for a more semi-realistic semi-idealized KOTOR feel, and so it seems out of place.

Edited by miliways

Propably for the same reason Thanaton has grey hair and Satele has wrinkles on the face. Age.

The difference is, Baras hasn't aged as well as the former 2 have.

PS. This game really needs more diverstiy regarding body size, seriously. 4 types is just too few like poster here mentioned.

Darth Baras' force code:

Cake is a lie, there is only pie

Through pie I gain calories

Through calories I gain fat

Through fat my belt shall be broken

The recliner will free me.

*laughs*

Good read early in the morn'

Thanks!