2V-R8 and C2-N2

Bluejayoo

It's been almost three years, do you think you guys could get around to fixing the weapon slot bug on 2V-R8 and C2-N2? Make it a quest if you have to, where we find a software upgrade to fill in for their lack of combat training...

Regardless of their original intention, these droids are the only healing option a lot of the tank classes get until almost level 40. I don't even care if the weapon they get isn't that strong as long as it stops them from trying to 'Bruce Lee' every mob.

Regardless of their original intention, these droids are the only healing option a lot of the tank classes get until almost level 40.

I wouldn't say 2 is "a lot".

Juggernaut: Balmorra (level 20)

Assassin: Hoth (level 41)

Powertech: Hutta (level ~8)

Guardian: Balmorra (level 36)

Shadow: Nar Shaddaa (level 24)

Vanguard: Taris (level 20)

Regardless of their original intention, these droids are the only healing option a lot of the tank classes get until almost level 40.

Not true. Players have access to Treek if they want a healer/tank dual class companion they can level any character with to 55. Treek is easier to gear up as well. Gearing droids is a pain in the backside.

So really...putting more work into the ship droids is not the best use of resources IMO.

I don't even care if the weapon they get isn't that strong as long as it stops them from trying to 'Bruce Lee' every mob.

disable all but the droids healing skills...if you insist on using the droid.

It's been almost three years, do you think you guys could get around to fixing the weapon slot bug on 2V-R8 and C2-N2? Make it a quest if you have to, where we find a software upgrade to fill in for their lack of combat training...

Regardless of their original intention, these droids are the only healing option a lot of the tank classes get until almost level 40. I don't even care if the weapon they get isn't that strong as long as it stops them from trying to 'Bruce Lee' every mob.

Stop being a wuss. The only thing you need to do to level your character is that you gear up regularly and your companion as well. You don't need a healer companion at all. I've leveled tanks with dps comps all the way through and even dps toons with dps companions and it was all fine.

Whenever someone has problems leveling, it's not the type of companion but the player that's the problem.

Question 1: Are you the correct level?

Question 2: Are you geared properly for your level?

Question 3: Is your companion geared properly for your level?

Question 4: Have you heard of cc, interrupts and kill orders?

99% of the time, the problem lies in the answers to these question. I will say that I do find Makeb easier with a heal companion but till level 50 I have absolutely no need for any companion type. Oh and I have 15 level 55s so yes I have played almost all classes to max level and various combinations of characters and companions. In fact for tanks I prefer using a dps companion because it just goes faster.

99% of the time, the problem lies in the answers to these question. I will say that I do find Makeb easier with a heal companion but till level 50 I have absolutely no need for any companion type. Oh and I have 15 level 55s so yes I have played almost all classes to max level and various combinations of characters and companions. In fact for tanks I prefer using a dps companion because it just goes faster.

Could I see you doing H2+ that requires killing champion at the end? You must be on same level as champion or max 2 levels above. No healing companion.

Could I see you doing H2+ that requires killing champion at the end? You must be on same level as champion or max 2 levels above. No healing companion.

H2+ means Heroic with 2 players + companion(s). Not meant to be done solo.

In beta the ship droid had the ability to use a weapon. That ability was disabled at launch. It's not a bug.

If you're a tank without a heal companion, and use the droid for heals, so what if it tries to melee. You're a tank, this is a good way for you to learn your role to keep aggro off your healers.

H2+ means Heroic with 2 players + companion(s). Not meant to be done solo.

If you know your class you can do them mostly with tank + dps combo (just you and your companion). Way too easy with stealth cc (Op's/Scoundrel's droid slicing doesn't make it any harder). But you do need healer for champion if there's one if you haven't overleveled that quest.

People should learn to use stealth cc more. It's fun ability. I use it even during daily runs just because I can and it's amusing.

Edited by Halinalle

But you do need healer for champion if there's one if you haven't overleveled that quest.

It really depends on the level of the quest and how much legacy presence you've unlocked.

Remember that presence is a flat boost to companion health and damage. At lower levels, 600 presence + a dps/tank companion can handle a Champion at the end of a Herioc without breaking a sweat. At higher levels, the presence bonus doesn't have quite the same impact and Champion mobs are consequently much harder.

By way of example, I can solo the Black Talon flashpoint (with a dps companion) at level 10, with neither of us wearing any gear, carrying empty moddable weapons. But that's only due to the fact that the presence bonus making the companion so powerful at level 10.

My cybertech character uses the +crit ship droid item to great effect (which was the only +crit for cybertech for a while) as does my sage synth weaver. My agent uses the +diplomacy crit to supplement vector, my vanguard uses the +UW trading/armormech efficiiency to complement Tanno Viks amazing skills, and my arms tech uses him to compliment Corso Riggs.

However, they all sit on my ship. They are to funny looking to use actively :D

• 1 year later...
Where can i buy droid part's i can't seem to find it any where in the game? Also i want to buy some new armor but every time i use the cartel coins in the game i cant get the ones i want, can they make it where i can just buy the armor that i want without buying all the other rare stuff. :rolleyes::o Edited by Bolo_Lee
Needed a question to be answered.

Where can i buy droid part's i can't seem to find it any where in the game? Also i want to buy some new armor but every time i use the cartel coins in the game i cant get the ones i want, can they make it where i can just buy the armor that i want without buying all the other rare stuff. :rolleyes::o

Comms vendors, at different character levels, sell them. You can find them all on Fleet, as well as on level appropriate planets.

Cybertech can make both modable and unmodable versions of all the parts as well. There are probably both for sale on the GTN on your server (or you could spin up cybertech yourself and make them, or find a friendly cybertech crafter to do the work for you. You have to get to level 20-something to get the last of the cybertech crafted modable pieces though.. so at low levels you would need to use a combination of modable and unmodable until then. But once you have a full set for your droid... you can simply update mods from there on.

You can also get them from random loot drops and mission rewards.. but these are kind of unpredicatable.

Edited by Andryah