Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zerbruz
01.20.2012 , 06:05 PM | #181
Boss!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powercow
Cheap Shot (and Headshot when you get it) can not be used on players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by offbeatpaladin
It makes sense, since the skill itself hits harder than an abusive father.

Adalace
01.20.2012 , 06:07 PM | #182
Thanks for the update. I have been happy with how Bioware has been handling issues since the game's release. I was doubtful at first since I knew nothing about the game when I bought it, but since then I've become happy to continue paying to play this game.
"The Analytical Engine has no pretensions whatever to originate anything. It can do whatever we know how to order it to perform."

Kerrunch
01.20.2012 , 06:07 PM | #183
Is the Dual Core issue only for dual core processors or is it a Multi Core issue?

Based on the fact that I'm getting huge user input lag on my Quad core, I suspect that you mean Multi Core.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I've also noted that as of this patch I am now consistently running above 90% Physical Memory use while in the game. Before the patch I rarely ran above 90% and most PvE environments ran at 60% or lower.

I also had to drop my Graphics settings down from full High. Grass and trees at 25% and Anti-alias set to low. Else my video processor was running at 100% all the time.

AMD Phenom II X4 965
4G Ram
EVGA GTX 550Ti (2G Ram)

Elfron
01.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #184
If you guys really fix this delay issue and make the game more of an FPS feeling you are doing an huge step in the right direction
keep going like that!

Ansultares
01.20.2012 , 06:10 PM | #185
Hats off to BW. The list seems fairly comprehensive in the various forms of ability delay I've witnessed.

Kubernetic
01.20.2012 , 06:11 PM | #186
Another reason to trust the future of this game.

BioWare, keep it rockin'.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

OldManDel
01.20.2012 , 06:11 PM | #187
To late. Sub ended today along with my patience. Not going to pay for your beta.

Goshee
01.20.2012 , 06:20 PM | #188
Awesome! This is a really important fix, can't wait for it to be released. Thanks for all the hardwork so far guys!

EchoTwoOmega
01.20.2012 , 06:22 PM | #189
Thank you (and the bioware team) for the hard work to make SWTOR the best gaming experience it can be.
Squadron 367

necropsyalpha
01.20.2012 , 06:24 PM | #190
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~1,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?
Its the exact same delay for the bounty hunter

i could fraps it and you tube it to prove it