Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Update on Ability Delay from Georg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Update on Ability Delay from Georg
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mormack
01.20.2012 , 04:05 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by CorbennDallas View Post
For the LOVE OF GOD when are you going to address the ability animation delay between mirrors?
Give them a chance to isolate things and fix it. Its probably not as simple as you figure it to be kid.

Nobeer
01.20.2012 , 04:05 PM | #42
Great product and I believe you guys will fix it all within the coming months. I cant wait until this time next year and the game is running great. An the stock I bought in EA is making me mad flow.
jonOisGreat[/SIZE]

SWGBum
01.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #43
Resubbed.

Squad 238

UA_Wookie
01.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~2,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?
Or the supposedly "instant" Project ability of the Consular?

Mormack
01.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by keybladez View Post
^This.

Additionally, I wish they were willing to hotfix things and not make the community wait until patch 1.2 for stuff like this.

I'm not saying don't test it, take the time to do so, but you need to put it in the full next patch?
Did it say 1.2? No, I believe it said next update...which eludes to the so far weekly updates.

Tinasa
01.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #46
You changed the Ability Cool down graphics without request from the players. We can no longer tell when our abilities are cooled down. This problem makes the ability delay problem worse. 700+ replies and more then 70 pages including other threads about this topic exits.

Not one BioWare reply yet. Please REVERT The changes. Thank you.
Knight of the Old Republic 50th Sentinel - PURE
Smuggler/Sawbones 25th
Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer 15th

ThanosTitan
01.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Mormack View Post
You win some and you lose some. Bioware made a mistake and its been voiced that they have.

Anyone remember when Wintergrasp just gave a buff to the outmatched side and they still got roflstomped most of the time?

Anyone remember when Cata launched and you couldn't win Tol Barad if you were attacking?

So when they changed the honor, it just made people win trade?

Yeah I do

World PvP zones are a tricky thing. You aren't going to get it right the first second or maybe even third time. I did Tol barad maybe 3 times on my DK in WoW. I hated it.
Tol Barad was never as bad as Illum, Hell even old school AV with windriders, shredding machines, and loktar summoned wasnt as bad as illum.

Ymees
01.20.2012 , 04:07 PM | #48
I like this. I also like cooldown timers that use numbers. BW is #winning!

Tygranir
01.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreossk View Post
Does the "delay between player input and ability execution" fix includes the ~2,5 sec delay before the start of the supposedly instant mortar volley of the trooper while the same ability for bounty hunter is really instant?
"Working as intended"
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

Pcslayde
01.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #50
Another thing we need, is for an abaility, such as Ravage, to end immediately when someone counters its effects with a skill such as "Unbreakable Will". This causes the user of ravage to be frozen in place while the skill repeats for a few rounds until finished, letting the target run free and whomever else to attack them while Ravage is having its "fit", unable to take any recourse.
Server: Cho Mai
Guild: The Wolf Pack
Main Character: Onihikkari (50 Marauder)
Wolfpack Gaming Network