Seer Sage Skill Tree

KezJona

Hello all,

I reached level 10 on my Sage last night and I read the Jedi Sage's Handbook but the latter pages say that the information is very out-dated so I just wanted some clarification on some things.

I was thinking of taking the Standard Levelling healing route recommended by Astral but he states

I know: you're a healer. That doesn't matter. Your first five points should be in the Telekinetics tree. Everything else can be taken as you please, but those first five points are the most important five points to any Sage

I was wondering whether this is still the case to invest the first 5 points into Telekinetics and if it is worth losing the AOE heal at 20 and only being able to obtain it at level 25 if I go this route?

Also, if this is not the case could people please clarify how to move up the skill tree.

Thanks

Kez

I do have one question to your skill set:

Why do you only have 50% decrease in pushback? Surely wouldn't an extra point go a long way with an extra 25%?

Pushback isn't such a worry nowadays, as a fully heal-specced sage you should be avoiding as much aggro from players as well as mobs as you can. If you're getting focused hard then you will be dying in most situations either way. Having less health taken from Noble Sacrifice is now key to maintaining long battles/fights.

Edited by VVyrdo

• 6 months later...

Yes, it's still valid to say that a heal spec sage should put their first 5 points in the Telekinetics tree.

It's not absolutely necessary to have those 5 points right away, but together they go a long way to keep you from going OOF at any level. Grabbing them first, helps you spend more time questing, and less time respawning. The first 2 points of Inner Strength, are pretty much the 2 most effective skills any sage build could take.

The heal rejuvenate is not an AOE, it's a small instant cast HoT (Heal over Time). But it's more useful than the AoE

For group PVE and easy leveling I prefer to get Salvation at level 40. This great healing skill is much better than anything else Sage have at this level. If you do not like to respec often, put every point into Seer tree until you get Salvation. Force cost reduction from Inner Strength is nice but not required before harder content anyway. And remember, with free respec available it is up to you how to distribute skill points.

For PVP I strongly recommend to look at stun-bubble healer build (all key abilities are avaliable at level 38). In this case you may want to place your first skill points into Telekinetic tree to get main CC abilities faster.