F2P, raiding, and the new wave of QQ

No, I'm not going to complain about the switch to F2P. In all honesty it might be just what this game needs.

What I want to hypothesize is that Bioware had better be getting ready with something big for the sheer amount of harassment they're about to receive from raiders once the F2P model goes live. Since only subscribed players will be allowed to raid, Bioware had better have some truly epic encounters ready more-or-less the moment that raiders become the patrician class of TOR. They're not going to tolerate months and months and months of only 4 bosses like we're dealing with in EC right now (much less seeing that content get completely broken by a frankly useless patch).

No, they're going to demand that new content be epic and frequent. After all, they're the ones paying for it, right? And the only ones paying, at that. Sure, EC is fun. However, it's not 3+ months of an hour and half's worth of raiding fun. The devs, with their reduced production team, better be ready to batten down the hatches, cause no raider/ patrician is going to put up with such nonsense. Essentially, don't say you're going to have lots of new content. Actually have lots of new content!

Disclaimer: if it turns out you can just turn raiding on with a certain number of Cartel Coins, then I guess I'll eat my hat. I seriously doubt that will be the case however. Raiding is the marquee activity of MMO's and BW's going to need something to keep a consistent cashflow coming in to fuel new content (or just swim in like Scrooge McDuck).

No, they're going to demand that new content be epic and frequent. After all, they're the ones paying for it, right? And the only ones paying, at that. Sure, EC is fun. However, it's not 3+ months of an hour and half's worth of raiding fun. The devs, with their reduced production team, better be ready to batten down the hatches, cause no raider/ patrician is going to put up with such nonsense. Essentially, don't say you're going to have lots of new content. Actually have lots of new content!

Disclaimer: if it turns out you can just turn raiding on with a certain number of Cartel Coins, then I guess I'll eat my hat. I seriously doubt that will be the case however. Raiding is the marquee activity of MMO's and BW's going to need something to keep a consistent cashflow coming in to fuel new content (or just swim in like Scrooge McDuck).

I absolutely love these threads. What is gonna happen if they don't... your gonna unsub? Then you will be right where you are right now but without the raiding, without the unlimited PVP wz's, and without numerous other unlimited things... cry me a river. You say "no raider/patrician is going to put up with such nonsense". I'm sorry but they do constantly not only here but with other games. Many other games including WoW for example has had no new content for well over the 3 month mark that we have here. Yes, they have put up with it there, and they will put up with here here also.

I absolutely love these threads. What is gonna happen if they don't... your gonna unsub? Then you will be right where you are right now but without the raiding, without the unlimited PVP wz's, and without numerous other unlimited things... cry me a river. You say "no raider/patrician is going to put up with such nonsense". I'm sorry but they do constantly not only here but with other games. Many other games including WoW for example has had no new content for well over the 3 month mark that we have here. Yes, they have put up with it there, and they will put up with here here also.

I might not be a "raid Patrician" but I agree with the OP. We will be the ones paying for this, Aslong as BW keeps frequent updates to keep me entertained they keep my dollar. Whether they're raids, higher tier dungeons, more quests or a reason to go out into the world i'm down.

I made the mistake of sticking with a dead horse on WoW for 6 years, It won't happen again.

I think you're misunderstanding the tone that I'm using here. I'm not complaining. I'm just speculating a bit over what's happening with the game now. While it is true that we might deal with having a tier for months on end, it comes down to how sustainable any given tier is. Sure, WoW's latest raid is a be... staid by now, but it has a variety of encounters, difficulty levels, and other challenges to keep one's attention.

Also, as a matter of fact, I'm letting my sub lapse out because BW apparently has no plans for new content. Maybe I'll go to TSW, maybe I'll head back to Azeroth. Who knows?