Petition: Resize the Varactyl Mount

iankalo

Its very small compared to SW E3 scene , even its too small compared to its own species on Belsavis. ->

http://prikachi.com/images/821/6476821A.jpg

http://prikachi.com/images/823/6476823X.jpg

BW , you should reshape it in the next patch. There are "Titanic" (the ship) sized speeders but this creature must be like a pony ?

Edited by iankalo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, does look rather pathetic.

To be honest, I'd rather they got rid of the speedboats or shrank them down rather than make other things as big.

Hmmm..... Or maybe make them disengage when they get anywhere near anything you have to interact with. That would work for me too.

Edited by PLynkes

you got my vote. and by the looks of it, 90% of people. General chat is flooded with similar complaints.

Awesome. That drives down the GTN price then. :D

As I said in another thread... I think it is about 20% too small.. but since I roll with body 1 and 2 female characters.. I can live with it. I feel sorry for all the doughboy male bodytypes though.... actually I feel sorry for the lizard. :)

It can not be 90%. Unless you mean 90% of people who've spent money on CM to get it. I am fine with the current size, anything larger and it would be not acceptable in the same locations as other players.

For me this is more anecdotal than anything else. It will be a source of funny jokes for years to come.

Edited by ELRunninW

I think they did a much better job with the tauntaun.

True. Then again.. the tauntaun is easier to work with because it's a compact biped... kind of a cross between a chicken and goat. The lizard body is spread out like it just popped off it's hotrock. :p

Yes. 100% agreement. At least make them the same size of the NPCs.

Not everyone checks the internet 24/7 for preview videos etc. (is the video even accessible on this site?) The preview window in game should have been fixed before this went live, that's the very least they could've done. It was known to look really large on the PTS and people flat out asked if this would be the case on live. Just ignoring it is such a dickish move, but it doesn't surprise me anymore.

The reason we can't have fun stuff like this, is because of asinine fleet whiners, who haven't got the mental capacity to click terminals on fleet. We lost the Korrealis mounts because of this as well.

I wouldn't count on them doing anything tbh. Not even increasing the size of the ones in the next pack. But they should fix the preview at least.

Edited by Gullesvupper

The skiff is larger than this varactyl on Belsavis.

http://prikachi.com/images/49/6478049K.jpg

Meh... the skiff is bulkier... but the varactyl is longer.

Thing is.. the skiffs were too large for a mount IMO.. Not that I think they could really make them smaller given their theme and lore.. but they are too big IMO for practical use on Fleet and other busy places. I personally never use one in a crowd... out of courtesy. It's an open road vehicle. :D and they make for a great "armada" of 20-30 PvPers closing on an enemy. :p

Edited by Andryah

It's either a baby and you need to give it time to grow up (probably a year or two) or it's one of those things that grows when you put it in water. You should get on your mount and stand in water for 8 hours and see if it grows.

Mine just changed color. Huh.

The varactyl looks gigantic in the preview compared to the in-game version. I personally think the preview version, which probably is the same as the belsavis version, would be too big for the fleet. I guess they could prevent animal mounts from being used on the fleet, it's against fleet regulation anyway, but not sure how tricky it would be to code things that way.