When do you think we will be able to get rid of Lana?

serenitty

This has been bugging me since the end of the traitor story.

Those that wanted Theron gone have got their wish but there are those of us that don't want Lana. When are we going to have a story that ends in her possible death or exile?

It worries me that they are talking about returning to the Imp v Pub conflict and the KotFE/KotET companions will be less involved. If that happens there will be less if no chance to have a meaningful story where this could happen.

Do you think we'll have an update before that which could make this happen? I know I can just ignore her and not use her as a companion but I want to be rid of her in a story element.

Step 1: Spawn Lana

Step 2: Find someone with the ability to force push.

Step 3: Push Lana off the side of the Odessen base.

Step 4: Celebrate your freedom from the Beniko curse!

Seriously? I don't know. I hope so, after the mess of the traitor arc ... my bloodlust turned from the enemy to my own side of incompetent wankers.

Step 1: Spawn Lana

Step 2: Find someone with the ability to force push.

Step 3: Push Lana off the side of the Odessen base.

Step 4: Celebrate your freedom from the Beniko curse!

Seriously? I don't know. I hope so, after the mess of the traitor arc ... my bloodlust turned from the enemy to my own side of incompetent wankers.

Oh I wish, I tried several times with my Consular. She's stubborn and will not move.

I just really don't like her. Ever since her sarcastic comments to my Jedi on Rishi she has just rubbed me the wrong way.

The fact she did the same as Theron on Rishi but according to her it was not the same thing....it was. Actually worse as she endangered someone else's life to do it. It annoys me so much, she got away with that with a little telling off where as Theron could be left to die.

Never. She's Bioware's sweetheart and thus our third un-amputatable (is this even a word? well it is now) arm.

This is what worries me. It's clear she's their favourite. Well, they have a problem with killing off/losing female LI's in general.

Given that we can, finally, get properly engaged to her, I'd suggest that any nuclear option for her will be an *option*.

I don't *want* to (be forced to) get rid of her, thanks.

Of course. I only ask that we have the option for those that want it. Just like those that didn't want Theron, it was a choice.

Edited by serenitty

This is what worries me. It's clear she's their favourite. Well, they have a problem with killing off/losing female LI's in general.

But visibly no problem with getting rid of male LIs...

Given that we can, finally, get properly engaged to her, I'd suggest that any nuclear option for her will be an *option*.

I don't *want* to (be forced to) get rid of her, thanks.

Well, i did not want to (be forced to) get rid of Theron, Jorgan, Torian or even Quinn and Koth, but as they're killable, they're actually forced out of my story wether i want it or not.

I don't want to get rid of Lana either but i have to admit that if she's still here more often than Theron when my JK is engaged to him, i'd be pretty pissed off.

Lana *is* a female LI for some characters and players. And they only option they've been given in the entire game. Just saying. I feel like that gets forgotten a lot.

The problem is that the choice to kill or exile her wouldn't really be a choice. It would remove her from the game for everyone, including those who want to keep her, because that's how Bioware seems to roll. FWIW I was against a kill option for Theron for the same reason, even though I despise him.

Lana *is* a female LI for some characters and players. And they only option they've been given in the entire game. Just saying. I feel like that gets forgotten a lot.

The problem is that the choice to kill or exile her wouldn't really be a choice. It would remove her from the game for everyone, including those who want to keep her, because that's how Bioware seems to roll. FWIW I was against a kill option for Theron for the same reason, even though I despise him.

And yet he still had the option to be killed or left. If they can do it for him they can do it for Lana.

I understand that Lana is the only option for some players, but. For Theron to be disposable and expendable and she not is a little unfair.

And yet he still had the option to be killed or left. If they can do it for him they can do it for Lana.

I understand that Lana is the only option for some players, but. For Theron to be disposable and expendable and she not is a little unfair.

When you talk about how Bioware doesn't support women players, but at the same time want to throw the women players who like Lana under the bus by nuking the only F/F LI and not caring if she's removed from the game for everyone, that's a bit hypocritical.

Plus, given how much the SWTOR writers love to inflict the Shan family on us, regardless if we want them there or not, I doubt Theron's really dead. The writers like him far more than Lana and I'm sure he'll get time regardless, the same way Arcann does when all the other LIs got thrown by the wayside in Nathema.

I'm sure this thread's just going to devolve into the usual arguments, so I'll bow out. We get it, you don't like her, so everyone should lose her.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

When you talk about how Bioware doesn't support women players, but at the same time want to throw the women players who like Lana under the bus by nuking the only F/F LI and not caring if she's removed from the game for everyone, that's a bit hypocritical.

Plus, given how much the SWTOR writers love to inflict the Shan family on us, regardless if we want them there or not, I doubt Theron's really dead. The writers like him far more than Lana and I'm sure he'll get time regardless, the same way Arcann does when all the other LIs got thrown by the wayside in Nathema.

I'm sure this thread's just going to devolve into the usual arguments, so I'll bow out. We get it, you don't like her, so everyone should lose her.

Not really. I am talking about the two main characters in the current story and only one happens to be in a position where players can be rid of them if they don't like them. The ones that don't like the other one do not have the choice to get rid of them.

The fact that the one you can get rid of is male and a LI is typical of the way it has always been. Quinn and Koth are also both able to killed or removed. Yes Kaliyo and Vette can also die but that's on an either or with two other male LI's. But it's not really about that.

Can I make the point that if you watched the video of killing Theron (didnt actually kill him, you left him behind) he was picked up by some (looked like Satele) - Bet any money he not actually dead, which would lead to more story lines with him later as a nemesis type char in story.

For me I <3 Lana, only female relationship in the game and to lose her would be pretty poor form unless you can then have a 2nd F/F relationship with another char if she passed away

Edited by Stephrebecca

Those that wanted Theron gone have got their wish but there are those of us that don't want Lana. When are we going to have a story that ends in her possible death or exile?

It worries me that they are talking about returning to the Imp v Pub conflict and the KotFE/KotET companions will be less involved. If that happens there will be less if no chance to have a meaningful story where this could happen.

Do you think we'll have an update before that which could make this happen? I know I can just ignore her and not use her as a companion but I want to be rid of her in a story element.

Don't preclude the possibility of another 90-degree turn in the story line. No one prior to KOTFE thought we'd wind up losing our original class companions, so it's possible for them to do another complete reset.

How?

The same way a height-challenged Lanister had to duck for cover for nearly a season on GOT. Disgraced, on the run, hunted, caused by whatever plot point, don't care, you name it, our character slips away from the remnants of the alliance by returning to carbonite stasis for another number of years. Forgotten in the throes of time, our character is eventually freed by some unwitting gronk droid and we're left to sort out a new life, in new anonymity, to face the (ever-present never-gonna-go-away-because-the-fanboys-have spoken) imp versus pub challenges that face our character.

So.

Reset button imminent.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Can I make the point that if you watched the video of killing Theron (didnt actually kill him, you left him behind) he was picked up by some (looked like Satele) - Bet any money he not actually dead, which would lead to more story lines with him later as a nemesis type char in story.

For me I <3 Lana, only female relationship in the game and to lose her would be pretty poor form unless you can then have a 2nd F/F relationship with another char if she passed away

Satele was on Coruscant (I think) ... I think she just felt his death through the force. I hope he is ... if he isn't then I want a kill option for him the moment he appears.

Never. Hush your mouth. :t_tongue:

I just want my Companions back, the ones that were *Supposed to be There. Back to being the main one(s) following me around not Lana, Theron, A***** or some other fruit loop that I stopped liking long ago. I don't Dislike Lana as such but it got old long ago. This game came with companions designed for us to like, make friends even L.I.'s some and replacing those with these that were intended to be stand alone recurring (?) characters defeats the direction this game was designed for, Give me a choice or return to what is consistently considered the games high point.

Would be nice for those of us that want her gone but not at the expense of those that like her. Considering they way they did Koth I am not sure if BW could even do this one right. I had to deal with losing Koth as a companion (no he's not dead-just never hear from him anymore) but according to some people well that's different because it was Koth.

And yet, all the M/M LIs got the kill option.

This game came with companions designed for us to like, make friends even L.I.'s some and replacing those with these that were intended to be stand alone recurring (?) characters defeats the direction this game was designed for, Give me a choice or return to what is consistently considered the games high point.

Well it's a matter of taste. I like Lana, Theron, Arcann, Senya and even Koth far more than most of the original companions.

I like some of the originals, most of them i just don't care and i really hate a bunch of them too, and the one i hate the most i can't even kill her.

And among my favourites of the original companions, well, they all got the kill option, except Vector but he's the only possible LI for IA that did not come back through the main storyline, while the 2 female LI for agents came back in the main story...

If they're so eager to let the male LIs die, then why not give female LIs the same treatment ?

So far, there are 12 female LIs with 2 who can be killed for 11 male LIs with 6 who can be killed.

There's I believe literally no winning with killing off companions, everyone likes certain companions and has their favorites and will be upset when their fav is killed and so that companions content becomes zero. If we get new companions in the next expac then it won't be long (I give a day or two) before, "why can't we kill x" posts start appearing. They've set the killing standard now for companions so they might as well keep going. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

ALL the M/M LIs. As in, plural. As in, something the F/F crowd has never had the luxury of having. As in, they chose to add a third M/M before adding even a second F/F. That's not fair either.

And of those M/M love interests Arcann was given special treatment (was the focus for two chapters of KOTET even after being killable, and given a moment in Nathema when the other LIs were not). I'm 1000% sure that Theron will also get special treatment and still be in the game for those who kept him because of how much SWTOR's writers love the Shans.

I stand by my point. If you're claiming you're upset about the way BW treats women players and simultaneously want them to kill off the only F/F companion in the entire history of the game, you're not really concerned about fairness for all women players, are you?

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I was just about to point that out. Seems to me like a dose of ye olde sexism, for both men and women. On the one hand, people seem a lot less willing to show any mercy toward male characters, and the developers don't seem to have much attachment to them either, which is really a shame. As if they're somehow inherently more expendable because they are male.

On the other hand, a lot of people seem more likely to coddle the female characters as if they aren't fully capable adults that are entirely responsible for their actions, just like the male characters are.. On top of that, it's not just a community thing. It seems that Bioware's golden child is always a female love interest. Make of that what you will.

Personally, I think the whole Pandora's Box of "letting players kill main story characters" should have never been opened. Not for Quinn, not for Vette, not for Torian, and it wouldn't bring them "back" if it was unleashed on Lana as well.. So I don't see a reason to make anyone else have to suffer.

I just feel that it was a supremely bad idea to allow players to make choices that would ultimately change story that hasn't even been written yet, as well as choices that will also (whether directly or indirectly) affect other players' stories. It's just not fair. And I think taking away a bit of choice in order to maintain the integrity of the overall story and its quality of direction is a fair trade.

You can agree, you can disagree, but personally if I could do it over, I wouldn't allow anyone to kill characters that are essential to the primary plot.. Much less love interest characters that are highly important to so many people. And because of that, I sincerely hope they discontinue this trend in the future entirely.

Edited by SourOrange

This ^^

If they give the choice to dispose of her one way or another, she'll be just like every other (male) LI that has been allowed to be killed--non-present in the story. I hate that they caved to haters, but they've set a precedent now...

But not to worry Lana lovers, I'm pretty much 99.9% sure nothing will ever happen to precious.