Turn The Pit into a deathmatch

Belpheghor

It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch.

The map with it's traps are perfect for this and it better falls in line with what Hutts would actually enjoy watching, not to mention the fact that Jedi and Sith wouldn't likely be into playing sports anyway lol.

Close but i think better would be...............

Move it down to first to 3 goals...........it needs to be shorter and therefore more urgent saving time too.

Run same map for another wz with it being a deathmatch where one death only and your'e a ghost, last man standing on either team wins, while a ghost you can wander around and still chat in /ops advising where players are or what they're doing..................to stop stealthers after a couple of mins you can't be able to stealth, perhaps this can be introduced by a mild gas being released into the arena causing a small amount of damage to everyone which means they unstealth yes?.....no decent Hutt wants to sit there all day while they prowl around missing each other completely.

ALL will focus their kills on the big hitters and with this kinda thing the weaker ones will be left to fight it out.

GREAT

CAN WE ALSO HAVE an Arathi Basin for a WZ, sorry to mention THAT game, but it really was awesome and would be awesome here too. OH FOR VARIETY PLEASE VARIETY and lots more of it........PLUS cross server WZ's.

I like this idea. I hate hutt ball. It's so freakin' boring and the matches are never competitive. Either 6-0 or 0-6, neither of which are any interest to me. It would make a PERFECT deathmatch arena. We NEED a deathmatch arena. No objectives, no goals, no ********, just a killboard and two spawn points. That'd make PvP a lot more fun.

It's obvious that most players in pugs just won't ever get Huttball, premades rule that wz with good reason, so I say dull it down into a pure deathmatch.

The map with it's traps are perfect for this and it better falls in line with what Hutts would actually enjoy watching, not to mention the fact that Jedi and Sith wouldn't likely be into playing sports anyway lol.

So only assassins and ops could play it? Don't get me wrong huttball makes me want to vomit blood but a dm arena? Bleh!

I like this idea. I hate hutt ball. It's so freakin' boring and the matches are never competitive. Either 6-0 or 0-6, neither of which are any interest to me. It would make a PERFECT deathmatch arena. We NEED a deathmatch arena. No objectives, no goals, no ********, just a killboard and two spawn points. That'd make PvP a lot more fun.

The map just feels like it was and/or should be intended as a deathmatch arena imho.

Actually that's precisely the reason why Huttball is my least favorite warzone, because most people turn it into a deathmatch and just kill everything in sight. How many times have you seen it when there's a bunch of people chasing some poor guy who is no position to help his team while the ballcarrier just merrily walks across the goal line? It happens in almost every Huttball match I play, and that's the reason why I don't like it. It's rare to get one of those really good and fun Huttball matches where people aren't just killing each other and rofl pulling people into fire traps for no reason. Occasionally though you do see the good Huttball match. Case in point, the other day there were two gunslingers who were positioned up on the rafters creating such and impenetrable defense that the opposing team couldn't venture even once into their side of the map. Or that assassin who keeps running ahead and getting open for passes so he can sprint to the line and score. Players knowing their roles and playing them well. So yeah, it can be fun when people do it right, unfortunately, 90% of the time that is not the case. Point is, it's like an exciting soccer game when it's not a deathmatch, and it's an annoying pointless kill and cc fest when it is.

Actually that's precisely the reason why Huttball is my least favorite warzone, because most people turn it into a deathmatch and just kill everything in sight. How many times have you seen it when there's a bunch of people chasing some poor guy who is no position to help his team while the ballcarrier just merrily walks across the goal line? It happens in almost every Huttball match I play, and that's the reason why I don't like it. It's rare to get one of those really good and fun Huttball matches where people aren't just killing each other and rofl pulling people into fire traps for no reason. Occasionally though you do see the good Huttball match. Case in point, the other day there were two gunslingers who were positioned up on the rafters creating such and impenetrable defense that the opposing team couldn't venture even once into their side of the map. Or that assassin who keeps running ahead and getting open for passes so he can sprint to the line and score. Players knowing their roles and playing them well. So yeah, it can be fun when people do it right, unfortunately, 90% of the time that is not the case. Point is, it's like an exciting soccer game when it's not a deathmatch, and it's an annoying pointless kill and cc fest when it is.

I love Hutt Ball as a sniper for this. Even undergeared.

You actually made quite a good point here, indeed. In fact, many times the Hutt says at the beginning of the match: "Shut up! I'm here for the blood" So this totally confirms turning the Pit into a deathmatch satisfies the Hutts lust for blood...and the inner desire of many pvp players!;)

Edited by zorroazul

I love Hutt Ball as a sniper for this. Even undergeared.

I was one of those gunslingers, lol. We stayed in our side of the map the entire time, on the defense. We ended up winning 3-0. The sentinels on our team scored, and we did the defending. If only every game was like that, people defending, people setting up passes, people scoring, just like a well-organized soccer team. If only it wasn't a mindless and dumb cc and kill fest 90% of the time, then I'd have no reason to hate it at all and would actually find it to be the most enjoyable warzone to play, since most of my characters are designed very well for its roles (assassin, gunslinger, sorcerer).

Edited by Solarenergy

I love huttball the way it is. That being said, I would love to see more traps in warzones. Fire, acid, big swinging axes from teh ceiling. maybe even an indian jones style boulder that rolls though the middle of everything that would require you to get out of the way. These just add alot of fun to warzones.

I was thinking of maybe an area similiar to huttball (i.e. multiple levels) where each team has 3 pedestals and you score points by keeping people on your opponents pedestals. The trick is that you cannot easily get from one pedestal to another moving side to side (meaning you cant just run back and forth, you would have to go back to a mid point to try to get back to where you would be good). Oh yeah, and some activation pads with cooldowns to activate certain traps (maybe some air vents, additional fire, stun traps, etc). You could even make these effect only the opposing team as long as they had like a 1 or 2 min cooldown. Something like this would benefit form all classes being in their group. Mercenaries large AOE knockback would help defend, pulls and pushes to control people, Snipers would have good control of access points, Stealthers great at taking/defending nodes. Since their are six nodes total, forces will be spread out more defending/attacking/bluffing. Just something i think would be fun.