help with The Theoretika

CarbieChronicles

i am stuck on The Theoretika and can not advance through because i just cant see these datapads i am suppose to obtain. i have used the internet, gone to multiple websites and i just dont get where these things are, pictures or not. i am about frustrated with this mission and i would pay someone's subscription just to get help. i am on the shadowlands server, imperial side and i have not found many helpful players. usually i get told off on the fleet and the other planets nobody is interested in helping me. sorry i am not this perfect gamer who is suppose to know everything there is to know about video games. so i dont know what to do, and why these datapads are not in the areas that are depicted on the net. so are there any helpful people left or am i going to be told, do it yourself, we all did.

You don't need the datapads. They are a bonus mission, and a rather finicky one at that, since they're often quite small and hidden. You will need to find the engineering pass on the dead body, be able to locate a couple of switches and do a bit of jumping to get to the final room, however.

i am stuck on The Theoretika and can not advance through because i just cant see these datapads i am suppose to obtain. i have used the internet, gone to multiple websites and i just dont get where these things are, pictures or not. i am about frustrated with this mission and i would pay someone's subscription just to get help. i am on the shadowlands server, imperial side and i have not found many helpful players. usually i get told off on the fleet and the other planets nobody is interested in helping me. sorry i am not this perfect gamer who is suppose to know everything there is to know about video games. so i dont know what to do, and why these datapads are not in the areas that are depicted on the net. so are there any helpful people left or am i going to be told, do it yourself, we all did.

I was in the same position you're in until I found Dulfy's guide, it helped me ALOT.

You don't need the datapads. They are a bonus mission, and a rather finicky one at that, since they're often quite small and hidden.

at least try and get the medical ID as you'll need that if you want to make the boss fight easier.

you'll get access to a room where you can obtain poison that makes his HP drain super fast

and if you're going for the medical ID, then you might as well get the datapads as two of them are in those two crucial rooms.

one thing to look out for are blinking lights. if you see small blinking lights, then chances are that's a datapad.

One thing that may help as well, turn on the floating light.

I didn't even notice it until I was almost done, but there is a icon next to the quest name that turns on a floating light.

This helps immensely since it is so dark in there.

Most of the data pad's are too rough, since they blink and glow, and that stands out in the dark.

The guide that was posted earlier is an incredible help as well.

Good luck!

• 3 years later...

April 14, 2016. Spent about an hour wandering around Theoretika looking for more data pads; I eventually left after scoring zero more... found only the first one. I clicked on a lot of small lights, every corpse, odd shapes, etc. My toon may have been bugged somehow since the most I found were repeats of "there is nothing of value here;" almost as if I'd previously looted some of them. Whatever the case - if those data pads ~are~ there, they're beyond subtle. If anyone else gets it to work after this post, I'll try again! TIA!

Peaches

Edited by Ruletide

April 14, 2016. Spent about an hour wandering around Theoretika looking for more data pads; I eventually left after scoring zero more... found only the first one. I clicked on a lot of small lights, every corpse, odd shapes, etc. My toon may have been bugged somehow since the most I found were repeats of "there is nothing of value here;" almost as if I'd previously looted some of them. Whatever the case - if those data pads ~are~ there, they're beyond subtle. If anyone else gets it to work after this post, I'll try again! TIA!

Peaches

Here's a link to the guide for the Theoretika on dulfy http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/#2. If nothing else, i am willing to help get you through the quest.

• 3 years later...
Im looking for the 7th datalog I have done this mission with almost every one of my characters and have never found them all. All I have found is 6 datalogs where the blank is the 7th one! I myself love to do all the steps in a quest but this one is just nuts I have searched the blank ship top to bottom and to this day never found the last data log. HELP where the blank is it. And if it is a glitch then it needs to be Fixed!

1+2 are in the engineer rooms at either side of the ship (beside the irradiated engines.)

3+4 are in the southern rooms on the first deck with 4 rooms in the center (behind a chest, next to a body on a bed)

5 is in the locked room on same deck (opened with the security key found right after the jump puzzle)

6 is a broken droid on the floor right when you enter the next deck (the one with the jump puzzle.)

7 is in the med bay where you get the poison injector (opened with the medical key from the locked room).

Best turn off the flashlight probe so you can better see the light from the datapads.

Edited by Mubrak