It's not speed hacking. It's an ability

Individual

to be fair, speed hacking did exist, thanks to positioning being a client side calculation subject to interference.

as far as other speed boosts go, they all have clear visual effects and buffs on the status of the enemy player.

I laugh so hard when people start to write "HACKZ" and "REPORTED" in chat, when it's just an ability.

I remember in Diablo 2 people called frenzy barbs on hacks too. They were pretty rare - I guess some people never played a barb.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

I am a combat sent and I get the "hacker" comment atleast a few times a week.. If your going to PVP do yourself a favor and learn the other classes. It will make you look and sound less dumb and might even improve your pvp :)

I am a combat sent and I get the "hacker" comment atleast a few times a week.. If your going to PVP do yourself a favor and learn the other classes. It will make you look and sound less dumb and might even improve your pvp :)

Skilled sentinel kills people and runs fast with transcendence. HAX!!!!

But in all seriousness, stop killing me :D

Carnage Marauder here - yeah, I tend to hear it every huttball match where I build my fury up normally, get the ball, activate predation + cloak of pain and hit frenzy (instantly gives me a full stack of fury), start running with it - usually I'll get chain-stunned since I'm too far for many of them do be dishing out significant damage from maximum range, so they'll fill my resolve- then I'll stun-break + predation (2nd time since I used frenzy for the instant 30 stacks of fury), pop saber ward as I keep running, then undying rage through the fire for a quick goal.

In essence, it doesn't always take that long for me to score since I'll charge to enemies so as to better advance the ball with fewer complications... nothing beats charging to a group of enemies fighting an operative or assassin from my team that happens to be on their end-zone and immediately following that up with my AoE mez so I can waltz into their endzone for an easy goal and buys time for the assassin to combat-cloak or retreat - this accounts for the majority of the 3 minute 6-0 huttball wins in unranked warzones. In Ranked Warzones... yeah, carnage/combat Maras/Sents (at least 1 on any good team) get chain-rooted, CC'd, and stun-lock + focus-fire instant deaths due to the significant impact they have on the match - if they ignore you, they're likely to lose since you'll be giving out crack-speed like candy.

Yeah we have a combat sent that got accused of this a few times now... or at least we assume that's what people were complaining about but we never really asked. I also recently got accused of hacks in a lowbie huttball (cause lowbie is serious biz) because someone thought my vigilance guardian being immune to knockbacks all the time was hacks. Some people just let their mouths... or fingers... do their talking before their brain does unfortunately. It's good for a laugh though.

• 5 months later...
Go play a murader or sent before you start accusing people of speed hacking.

You must hack. Because only a hacker would say that. You can tell the difference between an ability and a hack especially the guys that have been playing since beta. Like my self, so don't come in here saying there is no hacking going on.

There are glass wall hacks, speed hack for movement and attacking, there is teleport, there is also an ability I am noticing lately where ANY class does not take damage for the first two to four hits using your strongest ability's like hitting a brick wall with your biggest bulldozer. And I have never seen that until I came back last couple months to play.. The only class I know that can is a Jug what ever the ability is called that allows you take no damage which I think is a stupid ability anyway.

Oh and if you get called for hacking and are not when reported stop your crying about it and start helping get rid of the actual hackers.

A ban hammer needs to be laid out for any alien codes to and in the game and who ever is using them should be banned for life from that IP address.

And what ever you haft to say about this post I really don't care, hacking is BS and extreme actions should be taken. If world of Warcraft can keep hackers out so can this company. Lets get on it Bio before it ruins your game and you lose a lot of players.

Edited by Ismal

I know a lot of people including myself that know exactly what Predation and Transcendence look like and if you play enough warzones you will clearly see speed, teleports and many other types of hacks. Bad players have been accusing good players of cheating since the beginning of human history, it's just how it works, ignore those types, hope Bioware only uses analytical data and accept that there really are tons of hacks in warzons atm.

The only class I know that can is a Jug what ever the ability is called that allows you take no damage which I think is a stupid ability anyway.

Where'd you pull this six month old thread from? Anyway, I think you mean Marauders.

This thread was made BG (BEFORE GINGERS). Since then science have evolved and we found that speed hacking do exist. On a side note for last 2 months I've played a carnage mara and I have yet to be called a cheat. For those that need to cheat in a video game to accomplish something (don't ask me what I wouldn't know) I feel only pity.

A ban hammer needs to be laid out for any alien codes to and in the game and who ever is using them should be banned for life from that IP address.

It could work if people would have a persistant IP... In my case, if I unplug my modem from the line, then plug it back, I'll have a new IP.

By the way, nice necro.

You must hack. Because only a hacker would say that. You can tell the difference between an ability and a hack especially the guys that have been playing since beta. Like my self, so don't come in here saying there is no hacking going on.

There are glass wall hacks, speed hack for movement and attacking, there is teleport, there is also an ability I am noticing lately where ANY class does not take damage for the first two to four hits using your strongest ability's like hitting a brick wall with your biggest bulldozer. And I have never seen that until I came back last couple months to play.. The only class I know that can is a Jug what ever the ability is called that allows you take no damage which I think is a stupid ability anyway.

Oh and if you get called for hacking and are not when reported stop your crying about it and start helping get rid of the actual hackers.

And what ever you haft to say about this post I really don't care, hacking is BS and extreme actions should be taken. If world of Warcraft can keep hackers out so can this company. Lets get on it Bio before it ruins your game and you lose a lot of players.

He didn't say there was no hacking, he said to learn class abilities because he's tired of bad players accusing others of hacking when they just don't know how class abilities work.

I've been called a speed hacking on both my combat sentinel and my scrapper scoundrel but never on my vengeance juggernaut. I wonder why? Maybe it's because both scrapper and combat have speed boosting abilities and people are too ignorant to recognize that.

Just because hacks exist doesn't mean that every time you get smoked or every time someone runs away faster than you that it means they are hacking, it just means you got beat by a better player or that player has speed boosting abilities. Players need to learn what class abilities are before they go screaming "OMG HAXORZ!"

Go play a murader or sent before you start accusing people of speed hacking.

learn what a hack is before saying it an ability. does a sent mara have a speed increase yes they do so does sage/sorc shadow/sin. should the shadow by him self mind you out run my own force speed when he/she never slow down running to the next point like a bat out of hell and never slow down. This is what most player report a person that always has a speed buff that is always on. Not just a sent/mara hitting there ability.

learn what a hack is before saying it an ability. does a sent mara have a speed increase yes they do so does sage/sorc shadow/sin. should the shadow by him self mind you out run my own force speed when he/she never slow down running to the next point like a bat out of hell and never slow down. This is what most player report a person that always has a speed buff that is always on. Not just a sent/mara hitting there ability.

No, most just report anything they see because they don't know any better. I literally had one guy from a wz swap over to his rep toon, whisper me and said "nice hack, reported" and before I even had a chance to reply and tell him go look at the talent fight or flight in the scrapper tree he had already gone offline. Nine times out of ten, people being reported did nothing wrong.

hahaha, sir, you've made my day :D:D

Seriously, you're too emotional, relax a bit. Bioware says in alert, that they're hunting hackers down and kill them. Report if you think your enemy was hacking (wz will be checked), but you should remember, that you might be wrong in your judgement.