So if copying characters to the PTS is coming soon,all the teams can do Ranked there?

Pahomi

It was mentioned that automatic copying of your characters to the PTS will be possible in he first half of the year. Considering this, all the competitive PvP guilds from ALL the servers can copy their teams there and we could have Ranked Warzones there. Everyone can compete, and it can be seen who truly are the best guilds / servers.

Since there is only one PTS, there are no restrictions whatsoever. Every team from every server type or language can attend. It would be like a SWTOR PvP World Cup :)

I would like to hear opinions from the people who still queue for ranked. Would you participate? I honestly see no reason for anyone not to participate. This would only be a temporary solution because your progression would not be saved to your actual server but once this thing is live, it would be a shame to miss the chance to make something big out of it.

Edited by Pahomi

and what is stopping you from just re-copying from your original server???

Nothing, you just lose all progress you made upon the test server each time they wipe it. After playing several games with open test servers, I can tell you that it never works out as well as people think it will.

Nothing, you just lose all progress you made upon the test server each time they wipe it. After playing several games with open test servers, I can tell you that it never works out as well as people think it will.

the point of this would not be to "make progress". it simply allows teams from different servers to fight each other. cross server PvP, but without the cross-server tech.

the guilds/players that do that would not be concerned with grinding new gear on PTS. they would be concerned with PvPing against teams they otherwise would never have a chance to fight