I am Serriously considering playing EVE Online....

CKNORTH

I have never played it before so that is the main reason I want to try it. I plan to play for free. can anyone out there give the Pros/Cons?

I am a seasoned MMO gamer but I am looking for that fresh start inspiration, basically the all mighty hook. Everything right now for MMO's seem so very MEH!!!! and EVE is the one game I haven't played yet. and I hate the MOBOA (or what ever its stupid acronym is) Crap right now its just not my thing. I need something to keep me knee deep in MMO gameplay this winter lmao!!

As you probably know, Eve Online is an MMO with a focus on multiplayer and PvP. There is a story somewhere in there, there is lore, but it's generally in the background. The brand new New Player Experience (intro/tutorial missions) does build on ingame story, but there's little of importance beyond that.

When you start the game, you pick one of four 'empires' or political entities to start with. This used to be purely cosmetic and mainly for RP, but with the alpha state ("free-to-play"), it becomes an important decition: You can only fly frigates, destroyers and cruicers from your chosen faction. Two ways to deal with this: Look for advice online, or create four accounts, one for each faction, and try them out.

If you upgrade to omega state ("payed access"), you can train any skill to any level, fly any ship and use any piece of equipment. This is the main con against the free-option. It's severly hampered in this regard.

As stated in the opening, the game is focused on multiplayer. It is highly adviced that you join a player corporation at some point. The earlier the better, but don't be afraid to shop around.

No idea if this answered your questions, but I hope it was usefull. Good luck! :)