Rage jugg vs fury mara ranked/non ranked

Donchivasregal

Hi guys, Im looking at you maybe for a piece of advice. Got both a mara and a jug up at 75. Im a returning player from when smash monkeys were a thing, looking forward to return to the game. Only question is..what to pick..fury mara or rage jug. I love the jug utility in pvp, but everybody says fury mara is way better ( nobody told me why tough). Could you maybe clarify a lill bit? Again, not a newbie..back in the day..rage jug use to hit harder on smash, i remember that clearly ^^.

Thank you!

Fury mostly wins in PvP because it gets CC immunity for 6 seconds after using Force Crush (30 seconds ICD). Mara also has better defensives and more damage. But the CC immunity especially can be kind of a game changer on its own.

Mara has better damage, better immunity, actual antifocus, different utility (i say different because guardians do have guard and taunt). All guardians have is FD. And if you want to use FD roll vigi because at least it does get immunity on leap unlike focus. Concentration gets the best of both, with actual antifocus (and a tactical to reduce the CD of that antifocus).

I enjoy Rage, but as others have pointed out, it really is a weaker version of Fury. This goes double for PvP, where Fury is more mobile, sturdier and will deal more damage than Rage.

Oh absolutely, don't misunderstand me, I love Rage. And I do play it a bunch, but especially for ranked pvp I find it hard to justify playing it. A lot of people take ranked very seriously (a bit too much for my taste) and to play a spec that is so clearly outshined by another as Rage, well I'd just rather not.