Which classes could they add?

Jhaalu

We won't get in to whether or not they will add in new classes at some point, so refrain from saying "the game doesn't need new classes" or anything to that effect.

What I want to know is, which classes are left to be added? With my somewhat limited knowledge of the star wars universe, i can't really think of anything, but with an IP as massive as star wars i'm sure there are plenty they can add.

So, which class would you like to see?

Edited by Jhaalu

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMP Trooper and SIS Agents :p

A type of gangsterboss would also be kind of cool. Or a conman(like Gault the second Bounty Hunter companion).

Or what about "force sensitives" like they are normal people who are force sensitive but who has yet to learn anything about the force.

Before anyone shoots me down here let me just say that this was a pure brainstorming from the top of my head.

hum, i think is ok about classes... we will need more content but they are aleady making it and january17 we will have a patch with some new things...

the thing we need is servers merge .. playing in tatooine and alderaan with 20people is sad...

And legacy! LEGACY! come on, new playable races? Skills? give me give me...

hum, i think is ok about classes... we will need more content but they are aleady making it and january17 we will have a patch with some new things...

the thing we need is servers merge .. playing in tatooine and alderaan with 20people is sad...

And legacy! LEGACY! come on, new playable races? Skills? give me give me...

agreed, more races and skills would be amazing :)

I would eventually like to see a third faction added as well...something neutral or perhaps related to the Hutts or the Exchange. Then Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could be moved to the area they really belong (neutral) as opposed to being forced into the Imperial or Republic side. IMP Troopers and SIS Agents could then replace them on the Imperial and Repulbic sides.

I'm not sure what classes could mirror the consular/SI or warrior/jedi knight for a neutral faction, however...Maybe a Mandalorian (too much like Bounty Hunter s/l?) for the warrior class.

As for the above suggestions of force sensitives, I kind of feel like to certain degrees all your force classes start out that way (especially the SI) and are still learning to use the powers they have. I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a class that is force sensitive and never progresses to full blown mastery of the force. If you had ideas of how it could be different from the other classes and still fun, I'd love to hear them.

Note: I like the OP, am in no way saying these should be added now or even in the near future, but it's fun to speculate for future expansions

I would eventually like to see a third faction added as well...something neutral or perhaps related to the Hutts or the Exchange. Then Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could be moved to the area they really belong (neutral) as opposed to being forced into the Imperial or Republic side. IMP Troopers and SIS Agents could then replace them on the Imperial and Repulbic sides.

I'm not sure what classes could mirror the consular/SI or warrior/jedi knight for a neutral faction, however...Maybe a Mandalorian (too much like Bounty Hunter s/l?) for the warrior class.

As for the above suggestions of force sensitives, I kind of feel like to certain degrees all your force classes start out that way (especially the SI) and are still learning to use the powers they have. I'm not sure how fun it would be to play a class that is force sensitive and never progresses to full blown mastery of the force. If you had ideas of how it could be different from the other classes and still fun, I'd love to hear them.

Note: I like the OP, am in no way saying these should be added now or even in the near future, but it's fun to speculate for future expansions

I think they could probably come up with some melee classes or even rogue jedi or sith just out to make a buck and not give a hoot bout the respective governments

I would love to see a Trader class added, move them and the Smuggler class to a neutral faction and allow for spaceport goods trading. Have quests that allow only those classes to buy and sell goods to base stations and outposts with trade routes, random pirate attacks mid flight and active planet exploring for those very rare items. Now that I think of it allow for outpost trading that would amount to epic trades after achieving a certain status with that outpost or space station. Edited by SDell

Hmmm....Neutral faction

Echani - kind of a monk like fighting style...mirrow to JK/SW type

Adepts - fills the JC/SI role....split to witch for like short range over the top force damage, maybe mystic for a buff/debuff type style

Enforcer - something like the Black Sun maybe, this is your front line big gun like trooper/BH

Assassin/Infiltrator - Neutral would have their seedy side and assassins would fit well, fills the smuggler/IA role....this could be the stealth class

Smuggler and BH have been pretty much decided that they picked their sides and Mandalorians are allied with the Empire. This may not be the best 4, but I think you'd need 4 new classes if they do a neutral faction because of the story thus far.

EDIT: never mind my post was basically the same as the one above :D

what I will add tho for a trooper class maybe a separatist soldier claiming power to protect themselves after gaining Independence.

or if they were going to add a new type of class, I would like to see some sort of droid master or Hutt beast master.

instead if a hitman for a smuggler could have a pirate, they have been stated by the smuggler to be bad for there business.

Edited by Noromorous

What about being a droid (Not Droid Master-Thing)

You could be unique in that your toon would be able to use cores and parts in place of armor.

Imperials could get a soldier/trooper war droid giving them a "trooper" like class/story.

Republic could get a stealth assassin droid giving them an "agent" like class/story.

What about being a droid (Not Droid Master-Thing)

You could be unique in that your toon would be able to use cores and parts in place of armor.

Imperials could get a soldier/trooper war droid giving them a "trooper" like class/story.

Republic could get a stealth assassin droid giving them an "agent" like class/story.

I kinda think a droid would have some of the free will aspect done away with, droid companions would be boss though ;)

The free will thing could easily be explained away with saying the droid had been memory wiped in awhile, or a new from of ai

i guess, but the only droid ive ever seen like that was R2 and that one bounty droid so is it really plausible to suddenly have a race of autonomous droids? idk just my opinion it could be a kool idea though :D

R2 was special...and they all ready kind of copied him for T7. Doing much more with that idea....well I think that's how we got cyborg as a race, just sayin....

agreed, however i wouldnt complain to having a BA battle droid as a companion, i would always be saying autobots roll out lmao

Definitely need droid companions or possibly a playable race with a decent enough explanation. I-88 was the Bounty Hunter droid mentioned in an earlier post I believe. Also in game you are introduced to an entire Droid merc faction (I wont say what class or story arc) so I think it would be possible.

I think an engineer type class that played as a troller or DPS would be sweet.

I like the idea of Force Adept/ Force Witch for Republic/ Empire respectively.

The idea being that it is a force sensitive that never received jedi/sith training. They wouldn't use lightsabers, but rather force-imbued staves, or maybe even an AC that uses a combination of guns and force powers.

Part of the witch storyline could be concealing your force sensitivity from the empire, as they're pretty strict about sending force sensitives to korriban.

I like the idea of Force Adept/ Force Witch for Republic/ Empire respectively.

The idea being that it is a force sensitive that never received jedi/sith training. They wouldn't use lightsabers, but rather force-imbued staves, or maybe even an AC that uses a combination of guns and force powers.

Part of the witch storyline could be concealing your force sensitivity from the empire, as they're pretty strict about sending force sensitives to korriban.

i rlly like that idea actually

I think you could do some really interesting things using the Witches of Dathomir as inspiration. It could be like a staff/force dual wielder. Smack you with a stick, then eletrocute your face with the other hand....maybe even throw in some interesting CC/mind control like making an enemy shoot his buddies or something.